Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm trying to install SCS on BG2 EE and I'm currently doing a Big World Setup so the mod can work, but It's been stuck at "Testing conditions for installation...." for maybe half an hour now. Is that normal and just lasts a long time or has it silently crashed?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
SCS can take a very long time - like an hour depending on the system - but it shouldn't be stuck there. Are you using EET? And if so, are you using the SCS version for EET?

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm currently installing Big World Setup, not SCS. It has to be installed for SCS to work on EE 2.0+. BWS is stuck at that.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ah, soz. Dunno about BWS, never used it. Try asking @ G3, Jarno hangs around there still and even though he's a twat he knows everything about BWS

Lacrymas

Arcane
Not really, I just want to get through the EEs for the first time as the original was intended. I'm going to install EET if I ever replay it again. I think I know what I got wrong with the installation, will get back to you.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Couldn't get Big World to install, so I installed "Revised SCS" which already includes the hotfixes needed to install it. Gonna install Spell Revisions as well, just so my druid doesn't feel like a gimped cleric anymore.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Revised SCS is basically the newest version of SCS as far as I understand it. It implements AI for Spell Revisions

hell bovine

Arcane
Couldn't get Big World to install, so I installed "Revised SCS" which already includes the hotfixes needed to install it. Gonna install Spell Revisions as well, just so my druid doesn't feel like a gimped cleric anymore.
SR should go before SCS, from what I remember.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Anyway, decided to start over because I didn't want the mods to be fucked, and before I do anything (I figured it out), is Ascension worth having (never played with it) or is it trivial?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Don't install EET, especially since you are not playing BG1:EE. Instead, do the minimum installation for BG2:EE, which includes the BWS fixpack. This fixpack collects patches for each mod supported by BWS so it's essential.

Use BWS to download and install these mods:

Big World Text pack
Big World Install pack
Big World Fix pack
Tweaks anthology

Use BWS to download but install these mods manually with WEIDU. Use the BWS manual to figure out the correct install order:

Sword Coast Strategems
jimfix tweak patch
Ascension
Spell revisions

In addition, I would recommend these:
Unfiinished Business for BG2
Banter packs for BG2

I'm not sure if the Animal Companion mod works with BG2 but it should, so if you are playing a Druid you might want to install that too.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Jason Liang, I can't install BWS at all, that's the problem. It gets stuck at "Testing conditions for installation...."
That's strange... I uninstalled BG to play Pillars, but it sounds like you are getting stuck before you get to the BWS gui (where it's checking for updates), so it might be a visual basic issue? Let me see if the forum says anything.

Ok...
1) Are you installing BG2:EE in C:\Programs? That messes up BWS.
2) Disable antivirus
3) Disable user account control
4) Run Start BWS update if needed

If you can't get to the GUI, it's a visual basic problem.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...urs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56670-big-world-setup-an-attempt-to-update-the-program/

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Jason Liang, I can't install BWS at all, that's the problem. It gets stuck at "Testing conditions for installation...."
That's strange... I uninstalled BG to play Pillars, but it sounds like you are getting stuck before you get to the BWS gui (where it's checking for updates), so it might be a visual basic issue? Let me see if the forum says anything.

Ok...
1) Are you installing BG2:EE in C:\Programs? That messes up BWS.
2) Disable antivirus
3) Disable user account control
4) Run Start BWS update if needed

1) No
2) I did
3) I did
4) I did
Bonus - 5) I didn't extract the zip to the folder of the game (even though I tried there, too)

I choose minimal installation, I do a backup, it downloads its needed things, it starts fine and then gets stuck at about 80% into "Testing conditions for installation...."

I'm using the GOG version and installing it through GOG Galaxy btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom