Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
It's confusing. The Swedes, whose brilliance and forward thinking never ceases to amaze me, came up with the perfect solution to avoid these problems. They came up with the New Speak word "hen" that is genderless.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
They merely copied Superior Languages like Finnish, that has always had genderless pronouns.

Assassins poison does scale with levels unless it was changed by some mod.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's confusing. The Swedes, whose brilliance and forward thinking never ceases to amaze me, came up with the perfect solution to avoid these problems. They came up with the New Speak word "hen" that is genderless.

white_hen_stock_1_by_raincloudthepony-d5rf3sy.jpg

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Does anyone know if Assassin's poison ability scales per level? I think I read somewhere that it does, but i'm not sure.

Can coat weapon in poison, meaning that in the next 24 seconds, any hits will cause 6 damage to be dealt over 6 seconds for 30 seconds, Save vs. Death to 6 total damage over 6 seconds. In addition, the effect strengthens as the Assassin gains levels:

At 10th level, this changes to 30 damage over 14 seconds (Save for 6 damage over 2 seconds). So, it's roughly twice as fast, damage-wise.
At 15th level, this changes to 42 over 14 seconds (Save for 12 damage over 4 seconds). So, it's roughly three times as fast as normal poison, in addition to being more damaging.
In addition, the enemy must Save vs. Death or be slowed for 30 seconds.

<< NOTE - The poison effect is actually different than listed in the manual and in most guides. It's not significant enough to warrant a separate section, like Traps. I have taken a look at the actual script files as verification. >>

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/470765-b...65-baldurs-gate-ii-throne-of-bhaal/faqs/27550

Not sure how accurate this actually is.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Question: Would it be possible to stack fire resistance to 127%(cap) with items, and cast incendiary cloud on self for self healing. Can also equip club of detonation for good measure

Complete stupidity or actually a viable strat? :D

mastroego

Arcane
It works, I'm 99% sure.
Call it Elemental "Affinity".
It still may disrupt spellcasting though.
Well, it's still an energy surge, so it's distracting. :D

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Question: Would it be possible to stack fire resistance to 127%(cap) with items, and cast incendiary cloud on self for self healing. Can also equip club of detonation for good measure

Viable strat, in areas with lava pools you can just stand in them to heal. Note that >100% bludgeoning resistance is also possible, meaning some enemies will heal you when they hit you.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Viable strat, in areas with lava pools you can just stand in them to heal. Note that >100% bludgeoning resistance is also possible, meaning some enemies will heal you when they hit you.

Notably Golems.

Lots of ways to make yourself immune to AoE magic and abuse that. Free Action + layers of Web, Minor Globe + Skull trap spam, Elemental AoE like Fireball/Incendiary Cloud + 100%+ Fire resist.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Drasus and his lackeys were giving me quite at a bit of trouble. That is before my Kensai critted him for 38 with kai, and Minsc critted him afterwards for 40 with berserk.
I love this game. :love:

DragoFireheart

UglyBastard for this playthrough to include Edwin I decided to choose Katanas. CF is better flavor for a Kensai rather than FoA.

But who will use Flail of Age nows!? :eek:

UglyBastard

Arcane
I don't think clerics can use flails.

I recommend using it as a fancy sidearm to deal with those pesky trolls. At least that's what I do. But what do I know, I'm just a katana wielding weaboo fag. :D

DragoFireheart

I don't think clerics can use flails.

Clerics can use Flails.

I recommend using it as a fancy sidearm to deal with those pesky trolls. At least that's what I do. But what do I know, I'm just a katana wielding weaboo fag. :D

I'm embracing the weeboo fag, don't push your luck.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
You could give FoA to Minsc, Anomen, Mazzy, Viconia or even Aerie. I use it on Viconia(mainhand FoA, off hand Crom Faeyr) simply because I don't have an alternative.

FoA was made with fighters in mind. You can't use haste with it due to free action, and they get greater whirlwind.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's the best weapon in the game on a fighter.

Athelas

Arcane
You could not add the head that comes with the free action effect, no? Then you could still be hasted while using it.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
+4 THACO, +1 acid dam., +1 fire dam., +1 cold dam., +1 poison dam., 33% chance target is slowed

+5 THACO, +2 acid dam., +2 fire dam., +2 cold dam., +2 poison dam., +2 electrical dam., 33% chance target is slowed, free action, +5% magic res.

Might as well use another weapon then.

DragoFireheart

You could not add the head that comes with the free action effect, no? Then you could still be hasted while using it.

But I want to have my cake and eat it too. I really wish Free Action didn't block haste.

My team is as follows:

Kensage (PC)
Viconia
Jan
Edwin
Korgan

I'm debating getting a 6th character, but who...?

I could add Aerie and troll the shit out of her until she gets butthurt and wants to leave.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
He's the most annoying character ever written. I always buy a flesh to stone scroll just for him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom