Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Amazing Fantastics is Final Fantasy Meets DC and Marvel

The Amazing Fantastics demo is

• 5/5, great

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 4/5, good

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3/5, meh

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2/5, bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5, terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
In the middle of the attacks the UI disappears, without it it looks worse, id advice a UI thats more pleasing to the eye and less RPG makerish that stays during the attack sequences. To give you something to look at once youve seen the animation play enough times (which is more than 5).

I see. I'll see what others say and either take that effect out or leave it the way it is. If the response is split I'll provide an option in the game to either have the UI displayed at all times or become hidden when a move is being used.

Have you thought having some attacks with interactive components btw?

Special moves are interactive. In some of the images and clips I've posted you can see where the player can input or time key presses to increase the efficiency of a move. These mini games could be appealing to more casual RPG fans but can be disabled since they may seem too gimmicky and distracting for hardcore players.

Lhynn

Arcane
Eh, mario rpg and final fantasy 3 had them and it worked out alright.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
I'm having the artwork redesigned and redrawn.

OLD (Obviously not to scale)

vMfyHbO.png
f0q9WmT.png
26u9ncY.png
FEpiBjh.png
AhAM45B.png
c0c6dVr.png
FZfFPAd.png
MnLaf83.png

NEW

7q1sShq.gif
aXJwRJv.gif
CGnWE60.gif
bpiYyqR.gif
oqUk3mH.gif
k4Aw9Si.gif
8bZQlWS.gif
jIZRvfY.gif

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Some more animations

IbaiH38.gif
wLeYjxt.gif

What are some superpowers you'd like to have in The Amazing Fantastics? I already have a bunch of stuff like super strength and ice powers in mind. I'm trying to avoid having too many cliche abilities though.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
New icy battle background.

enOOkkl.png

RSjt7m6.png

I finally got around to adding team moves. If two members of the player's party heal each other, boost each other's stats, etc., enough times, they can combine their powers to use special moves.

379Pabc.gif

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Any superhero game youve played for inspiration?

None of the games I'm inspired by are superhero games. I'm mainly getting ideas from RPGs as well as comic books, superhero TV shows, and superhero movies. I'm looking a lot to Batman, the Batman Family, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, the Justice League, the X-Men, and others to create a world that is fun to escape to.

Expon

Scholar
I was kinda expecting something like heroes rise, but in game form:cry:

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
New screenshots.

Casting a Protective Shield on an Ally
c7TJKDD.png

Sadistic Bear
zckURFB.png

Extra Crispy
y4uASgY.png

Leisurely Prison Jog
38FGE3u.png

Sadistic Bear Pt. 2
8dn46ST.png

Demented Dez is Crazy
T9P01no.png

Sadistic Bear Pt. 3
n7baHiX.png

Super Speed - 500 Miles per Hour
7SLxLGH.png

The Amazing Fantastic Prison Escape
cFYNqKo.png

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
:salute: Looks p. cool. :d1p: for sure.

Any chance of character creation?

Yes! I was unsure about adding character creation at first but I think it'll be something that draws in a lot of potential players, plus I did some research and found a way to implement it without adding a ridiculous amount to my artist's workload.

Bruce

Neon Arkade Games
Developer
Any update since last week? :3

Actually, yeah. They haven't been colored yet but I have some new comic book art that'll be used in cutscenes and there's a new screenshot at the bottom too. Also, the demo's almost done. Once it's complete I'd like to get a few people to try it out before I release it publicly.

gaO95pp.jpg

hy0Orqg.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom