Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Age of Incline: RPG Codex's 2012-2016 GOTY Results

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Torchlight 2 was a major dissapointment? I quite enjoyed the game. The mage was especially fun to play and the difficulty on hard was just right! Never felt under or over leveled. I thought it was balanced well with quite a bit of area and enemy variety too. Do you guys simply hate ARPGs or something?

And Witcher 3 a classic? It was decent but I would argue Dragons Dogma is a much better *game*. Swap the places of Dragons Dogma and Witcher 3 and we can not kill each other.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Poland strong !!!

Results couldn't be much better (if only Shadowrun games were much lower and Serpent in the Staglands higher), I'm honestly pleasantly surprised.
(...) Seriously just ban fucks with polish IP.
felipepepe DarkUnderlord
How about adding the "votes by country" category (IP)? I'm pretty sure that Poland has the most refined taste, definitely better than plebeian USA :smug:. BTW, skimming through results, Poles I know have voted W3 3 or 4 (I voted 4 and if I could I would rate it 4.5 because it's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years) so I wouldn't be surprised if you were wrong. Rougey loves it and she's not Polish ;P.

Mustawd

Poland strong !!!

Results couldn't be much better

fanboy.png

:hmmm:

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Witcher 3 was pretty amazing, however I stopped playing about 3/4 of the way through hearts of stone because I'd just had enough. Though complaining that there is just too much game for an rpg is a embarrassment of riches really.
You're probably sick of trolling through the data felipepepe, but it would be interesting to rank the sub genres. Like is darksouls the best of the arpg Torchlight 2 is definitely better than Diablo 3 etc?
Anyway getting upset about lists on the internet is fucking retarded. Just know that your vote was the only correct one and move on.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence was once again downvoted by UR fanboys, no surprise there. I expect a lot of 5s and 4s for UR and 1s and 2s for AoD made by the same people.
BROTIP: don't talk shit without seeing the data.

AoD had about 2% of 1/5 votes only, and if we remove all negative votes from all games then AoD actually goes DOWN the ranking, while Undertail remains at the same spot.
/me looks at the data
lol
WTF felipepepe, how was I wrong? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nDY9YQAkLk9PBIJbLIj5DxyQVk/edit#gid=970912071

I can only guess that you took UR abbreviation for Undertail, otherwise your comment doesn't make sense. Now these are true fanboys.

Jazz_

Arcane
/me looks at the data
lol
WTF felipepepe, how was I wrong? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nDY9YQAkLk9PBIJbLIj5DxyQVk/edit#gid=970912071

I can only guess that you took UR abbreviation for Undertail, otherwise your comment doesn't make sense. Now these are true fanboys.

So if someone gives a bad rating to AoD and a good rating to UR those guys are necessarily ''fanboys'' with nefarious intents? Maybe they just, you know, liked one game and didn't like the other. I don't see those people going around shilling for UR in every darn thread like you and other AoD fanboys do to be honest.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BTW, I also made this:

C3zdM20UkAIMVjk.jpg
A gentle reminder: A pie chart should never be in slanted angle, so that it won't distort the surface area (or volume, in case of a 3D chart, where the 3rd dimension is unnecessary anyways) and make things incomparable by casual visual analysis. Otherwise I thank you for all the work you've put into this.

Pentagon

Educated
So is Fallout 1.5 being the top RPG of 2016 indicative of the high quality of the mod or indicative of how 2016 was a bit of a lull for the genre?

WL2 and Shadowrun shouldn't even be in top 25, AoD should be a few notches lower, other than that the results make sense. Don't know enough about Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma tho.

Witcher 3 is the only game in the past few years that made me like it and hate it in equal measure. It's like latest GTA in a lot of ways, mechanically streamlined for consoletards but made with care and skill, which shows. Solid writing (for the most part) obviously didn't hurt it either, some of the side-quests (not just baron) are better than entire major plotlines of other games, Novigrad alone has more quality content than most RPGs on that list. Combat is mediocre (bordering on shit), loot is awful, stats/levels are pointless, but all of that could have been forgiven if they put a little more effort into the preparation and hunting aspect, conceptually that's one of the best things you can have, they even executed it properly a couple of times, but alas - cases like that are few and far between. As a complete package though it's miles ahead of everything else.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
2,2% of 1/5s votes is a massive down-vote campaign? And the game is in second, FFS.
I didn't say "massive downvote campaign" I said that "I expect a lot of 5s and 4s for UR and 1s and 2s for AoD made by the same people" and I was right. 3.46% of all those who played UR voted it at least 2 points higher than AoD and only 1% in AoD's case (and none of these were with more than 3 difference).

So if someone gives a bad rating to AoD and a good rating to UR those guys are necessarily ''fanboys'' with nefarious intents? Maybe they just, you know, liked one game and didn't like the other. I don't see those people going around shilling for UR in every darn thread like you and other AoD fanboys do to be honest.
lol
What do you mean by :"in every darn thread"? I "shill" less than Sykar or toro or TwinkieGorilla and I'm not a stalker like them.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lords of Xulima not even in the Top 25? Or Might & Magic X? Instead it's full of Action RPG crap like Dark Souls 1-3?

:decline:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I am surprised people didn't really like Legends of Eisenwald. Could someone please elaborate why?

Not enough time to play. How can you play something like LOE when W3, Dark SOLZZZZ and other popamoles are waiting...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom