Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Congratulations Vince. Now go get some sleep man!

kubics

Novice
Project: Eternity
Congratulations to all of Iron Tower Studios! Fingers crossed for good publicity and sales.
Almost regret having played the early access releases and spoiling the experience slightly, but thankfully there are many things I have yet to do. Big thumbs up for replayability!

Zeriel

Arcane
I like GoG right now. 2 reviews.

"The best CRPG in history"

"COMPLETE TRASH"

Never has the internet been more poetic.

Jinn

Arcane
Congratulations, Vince and team! You guys are true inspirations. I recall wallowing about in 2006, certain that the future of CRPGs and PC gaming in general was grim indeed. One day I stumbled upon some of the glorious early screens of Age of Decadence and suddenly felt everything was going to be okay one day.

And here we are, with signs of INCLINE popping up all around us every day. And The Age of Decadence is complete! Don't forget that things have gotten better, brothers, with this being one of the finest examples of how our wonderful hobby is far from dead.

Melcar

Arcane
I saw a post of yours asking if AoD ran on Wine. I have good news for you: it does. I am running the game on Wine 1.7.50 and it runs decently. Just make sure to save before any location changes as the Torque Engine likes to lock up at times just like Dead State does when played via Wine. Fortunately enough, there are no weird fonts used in the game so you won't have the missing font issue during characte creation like in Dead State :)

Nice. It seems ITS aren't total losers then. Got to tell Maria I won't be going in this week.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Glad the Iron Tower Studios made it! From crappy 2D screenshots to awesome 3D combat demo...
My copy was already safely sleeping in my Steam account. I am determined to play it... next Thursday.

MSP

Educated
Respect to ITS. Hope you guys enjoy this day, you accomplished what few could do.

I have delayed buying till release date, I have this secret hope to see it as nr1 on Steam. Even posted a steam review, first and very probably last.

Long time lurker, AoD brough me to this website in the midst of decline couple of years ago; glad to have 1st post related to this game. Vince&co were among the few in gaming industry in those crappy times that believed games we at Codex like will still have audience. I really hope it pays off for them.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yo Vault Dweller any plans for traditional patching blitzkrieg in the following weeks and months? If yes imma get it on Gaben since GoG is absolutely hopeless for frequently updated games.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was checking Gog after midnight to see when the game would be available for purchasing but fell asleep... Only to wake up with the news that it was selling very well indeed! Congratulations VD and Iron Tower!
Regardless of how it sells it is already a success to see your dream project avialable for all true believers
Still dreaming of the happy day when Grimoire is released too...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Congrats VD, Oscar and the rest of the ITS gang! (And especially that artists you got, that dude ROCKS)!

I STILL remember back, all those many many many years ago when you were just bouncing ideas for this game and setting to us, back when the OLD ONES used to walk the halls of the Codex. Good times.

I hope this does very well, and we can possibly get the Dungeon Crawler/Party game in this setting? And of course I WANT MY DROP SHIP SCI-FI GAME THIS MUCH!

Good luck VD and company!

:salute:

13943.png

Deleted member 7219

I'm massively excited now I've finally got my hands on the full game. I said a few years back that it felt like Iron Tower Studios had designed a game just for me. Now it is here.

I just hope it sells well because as far as I'm concerned, Iron Tower know how RPGs should be designed and I want them to go into game dev full time.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
D1P'd myself a Steam copy on top of the BMT preorder from god knows when because :yeah:

Congratulations to the team!

Deleted member 7219

D1P'd myself a Steam copy on top of the BMT preorder from god knows when because :yeah:

Congratulations to the team!

I just bought a GOG copy. I thought it only fair considering I originally pre-ordered from BMT back when pre-orders first started, but Iron Tower gave me a free Steam key. I'm now repaying that debt and also pushing it up the GOG top seller list.

Deleted member 7219

By the way Iron Tower, The Age of Decadence is outselling Prison Architect and Minecraft: Story Mode on GOG right now. Well fucking done. I know those games have been out for a few days so interest isn't as high, but those games are getting a hell of a lot of coverage and I thought they'd be right beneath Witcher 3 for weeks to come.

Pretty neat to see all these 2002-2007 Joined posters coming out to say "congrats" to VD. It's like some twisted version of a high school reunion. :salute:

Manly tear is in order, i got interested in AoD roughly at the same time period (even though i wasn't around Codex for so long). And i'm pretty sure it was the only thing keeping hope alive at the time, decline was deeply felt all over the globe.

March 20, 2006
November 20, 2007
October 28, 2008
:negative:

Hoggypare

Savant
Probably shouldn't buy it, not just yet, but the world inspired by late roman empire - I admit I was sold on that. Well then, it's 10PM in potatoland, have classes at 10AM... so... let's see how far can I get in 12 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom