Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview The Age of Decadence Demo Preview

I asked for a review copy but I didn't get one. My revenge shall be subtle, as the Count of Monte SV-o.

Will you call SV a moron? (page 21)
Will you FFS? (r00fles)
Will you BRO the BRO in the BRO, BRO? (What the fuck is wrong with you?)

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The emphasis on text adventures when it comes to quest/problem-solving strikes me as an involuntary homage to Darklands' design (which I recall you praising a lot, VD, and rightfully so) - even if the aformentioned game wasn't a primary source of inspiration, I can imagine your admiration for it having indirectly influenced AoD's final shape.

Frankly, I couldn't be happier. Great preview impressions everyone, I'm eagerly waiting to lay my hands on the demo.

Forgotten Friend

Educated
Now you have the excuse for a properly butthurt review.

I EXPECTED TO PLAY QUINTUS VARELIUS TYPE ROMAN BUT INSTEAD I GOT ROMAN POST APOCALYPTIC WIZARD FLYING PYRAMID BULLSHIT WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVE-

:rage:

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
I'm really looking foward for this game, the review made me want it even more, but there is one thing I can't fucking stand:

w7hEh.jpg

This texture is SHIT. It's horrible, amateur, too poluted, distractive, indie-ish and bland. It looks like they really just places a .bmp on the screen and cut some holes on it. And it's not only on the character creation, but on the UI at all time as well!

It would work great in a caveman RPG.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
This texture is SHIT...
Jesus, shut the fuck up. I never cease to be surprised by graphics whores like you, on the Codex of all places. The fact that you would even consider it to be an issue is mindboggling.

If you really feel so strongly about such a thing, why are you even here?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This texture is SHIT...
Jesus, shut the fuck up. I never cease to be surprised by graphics whores like you, on the Codex of all places. The fact that you would even consider it to be an issue is mindboggling.

Yeah right, why provide some constructive feedback to a game with huge potencial? Why even know the difference between graphics & art style?

No, let's just wear our glass monocles and say that the game is perfect and anyone that don't like it it's a newfag retard that should go play DA2...including VD, since he wasted valuable time & resources making the UI look better, right?

FFS, that's why we can't have nice things...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The visuals seem to have improved a lot these last few months.

It looks like Anti-aliasing is missing though. Doesn't the engine support it ?

Tigranes

Arcane
The game definitely looks way, way better than it used to, and I think it looks more than good enough in general - that is, without thinking about indie or mainstream it looks pretty good. But I agree the texture on the character creation screen is horrible and hurts the eyes, it makes the whole screen look way too cluttered. It was like that in the combat demo, as well. They've been improving other, more commonly used UI screens on that aspect though.

At this point I don't really need more impressions, I feel like I have so much information on the game I know it all already. Thursday dammit. : x

Esquilax

Arcane
This texture is SHIT...

felipepe backed up his statement pretty well, the guy wasn`t going on some retarded skyway rant - the texture at character creation is definitely an eyesore and the colour isn`t well-suited to the overall feel of the game. The inventory and crafting screen looks great, though. Overall, I am very psyched for this. Keep up the great work, guys!

Forgotten Friend

Educated
No, let's just wear our glass monocles and say that the game is perfect and anyone that don't like it it's a newfag retard that should go play DA2...including VD

if the last 235 of these updates are any judge that's exactly what we should do if we don't want the "leave vault dweller alone!" crowd to chase us around benny hill style for 400 posts.

Ooh! And I can brofist. It seems my brofist power just takes really, relaly fucking long to load.

Kraszu

Prophet
As for the body count, there isn't nearly as much people living in AoD world as in ours, and people don't travel as much, if many people would be killed after your arrival then it would be stupid if there would be no suspicion about it.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Really, guys, it's pretty obvious that the character creation screen it's using an old, placeholder texture compared to the other ones. Even VD said that it was a placeholder a page ago. In any case, here is one of the concepts we are playing around with for the final character creation screen.

character_creation_01.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The visuals seem to have improved a lot these last few months.

It looks like Anti-aliasing is missing though. Doesn't the engine support it ?
You could force it through drivers in the combat demo, that's unlikely to change. They're probably just not doing that.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, I must have missed that. The new char creator screen looks great.

:love:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The visuals are fuckling fine. Everyone who complains in here is a fucking moron and a graphic whore, seriously. It looks good, fits to the rest ties in nicely to the other elements. Since when do we listen to trolling on the codex?

XenomorphII

Prophet
I want this. So. Bad.

On a side note, will there be random name generation available at character creation? I am awful at naming characters usually, especially in settings I am unfamiliar with.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
The emphasis on text adventures when it comes to quest/problem-solving strikes me as an involuntary homage to Darklands' design

It would look so to the distracted viewer; in reality, it's just ITS not being able to realize its true vision because of technical limitations.

Wait for the cinematic takedowns in AoD2: the RTwP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom