Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The absurd lacking of fantasy turn-based or rts on pc nowadays

gaussgunner

Arcane
Hahaha, nice. I started making a low-fantasy tactics game 2 weeks ago. Tactical combat will be about 90% of gameplay. Don't let the fact that it's a web game fool you: it will be pretty hardcore, old fashioned, no web bullshit, downloadable and playable offline. I don't expect to make any money from it so it'll probably look pretty crappy even when it's done; all I really care about for this one is no-frills gameplay.

Very early demo, but you can start to get a feel for the combat system: http://machiaville.neocities.org/tactics-demo/game.html

Aothan

Magister
The OP wanted turn-based TACTICS and/or real-time STRATEGY. See his comment about Total War games being the inversion of what he wants.

it is a matter of what can be possible within a real-time game mode, and in my view Mark of Chaos was significant because of the level of army design (units, heroes, internal factions, items and banners) before being placed on the map. Strategy and tactics are coterminous here, both in preplanning and overall unit design, and then responding to the armies encountered and how developments continue to take place

the shorter description here is that Mark of Chaos is a "real-time strategy" game

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That is why I liked Warlock (1/2). If only the AI was not that retarded (I mean, it understood positioning well enough, but the trivial part of debuffing pokemon level units and building stuff that countered it seemed out of reach to it for some weird reason).

Have you tried Warlock 2 with the Renaissance mod? The AI upgrade is massive and you REALLY have to know the game inside out to even think about playing on Impossible. Last time I played I got steamrolled on Challenging (although that was probably a mod flaw, the Dremers are now a playable/AI faction without being properly balanced so they can get completely out of control as an enemy AI on higher diffs. Other than that the mod is awesome).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom