Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

DramaticPopcorn

I'm in the state of perpetual butthurt regarding this thread

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mine has been reduced to more of an itch.
I might have to visit the Grimoire thread to scratch it. I mean, in contrast to this mess, Grimoire is an actually existing game (yes, I played the demo) - that will just never be released.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A few more years, and machine learning AI will be able to brute force the game given sufficiently good API, and feature selection, so there is still hope!

Ranarama

Learned
Part of me suspects the cult got so strong these guys are sitting in front of a blank screen and imagining playing the game.

having loads of fun in the private beta atm

only problem is a bit too many bugs but it's progressing along pretty well

It'd be nice to get a bug count so we could judge it side by side with Grimoire.

belated

Augur
Don't worry guize, now he is going to hire a new competent coder who will magically make sense of Joe's work and finish developing the game in 2 months. /s

Shit, this game's development cycle has been such a roller coaster of emotions. First I was sad when I missed the kickstarter. Then jealous when I lurked this thread (I think joe was the most active here, of all places). Then sad again as development hit difficulties, then reassured as the development apparently continued, then smug as fuck when I realized that I didn't set my money on fire unlike some people. Kickstarters, man...

Ludovic

Valravn Games
Developer
Don't worry guize, now he is going to hire a new competent coder who will magically make sense of Joe's work and finish developing the game in 2 months. /s

Josh is the coder, not Joe. Not really sure what the point of this update is. As a backer I don't really care about the internal issues of the company, as much some kind of sign that an honest effort is being made to complete the project, whether the game is going to have the scope reduced, be delayed, why there is no communication or updates, etc. Basically everything but the status of their business relationship.

Josh is the coder, not Joe. Not really sure what the point of this update is. As a backer I don't really care about the internal issues of the company, as much some kind of sign that an honest effort is being made to complete the project, whether the game is going to have the scope reduced, be delayed, why there is no communication or updates, etc. Basically everything but the status of their business relationship.

Thanks for clarifying.

That is actually even more bewildering. Didn't Joe previously mention the possibility of him letting Josh go due to all the issues the latter had been having? And yet Josh ends up dumping Joe, while implying that he is still continuing the project. What an absolute clusterfuck.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their agreement was never clear to anyone outside, so we never knew which had most of the "shares". I guess they did not either, until now.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Thanks for clarifying.

That is actually even more bewildering. Didn't Joe previously mention the possibility of him letting Josh go due to all the issues the latter had been having? And yet Josh ends up dumping Joe, while implying that he is still continuing the project. What an absolute clusterfuck.

Josh and Joe = same guy?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Josh and Joe = same guy?

Wouldn't rule it out, I've seen some shit like this back in the day.
32d83225-495c-4320-a663-032e658d2d77.jpg

In all seriousness though, it's really sad to see such an ambitious project stuck in limbo due to developer's incompetence. It had the potential to become a commercial success, or at least a cult classic. All in all, at least I'm glad I didn't back the Kickstarter campaign, otherwise I'd be pretty butthut right now.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Their agreement was never clear to anyone outside, so we never knew which had most of the "shares". I guess they did not either, until now.

Unless they had some kind of contract, which they of course didn't, then it's pretty obvious that between the programmer (using the term loosely here) and idea guy, it's going to be the programmer who owns the assets.

almondblight

Arcane
Joe/Fenicks/the guy who left was (at least from what I can tell from the posts) the guy handling the money, KS updates, and presumably assets until a few months ago.

Like I've said before, this sounds a lot like the Greed Monger story. Incompetent guy who can't manage acts as the manager and incompetent guy who can't program acts as the programmer. It even has a similar outcome ("manager" leavers, "programmer" takes over).

Destroid

Arcane

Unless they had some kind of contract, which they of course didn't, then it's pretty obvious that between the programmer (using the term loosely here) and idea guy, it's going to be the programmer who owns the assets.

Someone owns all those really quite nice art assets.

Norfleet

So, where he is going to get money now? Chinese ruined kidney market and liver is too precious for any dev to waste.
Livers grow back, though. As long as you still have some liver, it will grow back. If you're like me and your liver was cut in half, but both halves stayed in and grew back, you end up with a double-liver and can drink like a fish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom