Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware That Which Sleeps - Vaporware Strategy RP

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Right, they did claim that.
It's so long ago, I pretty much forgot :lol:

Fenicks slunk back to confirm that shit is indeed fucked
On my general inability to be of any use

Hi,

I am not posting in the other thread because it's generally a nice place with a bunch of good people chatting away - so I didn't want to ruin that vibe.

I have a few minor updates.

1 - I got someone to look at the code (not a game dev but someone that at least knows what they are looking at) and Josh still working and making regular updates. Due to the nature of the code being split up among his local machine and the cloud it's hard to tell if its the equivalent of "food being pushed around the plate" or actual, impactful work - but he is definitely doing 'things'

2 - Despite my many attempts to get in touch it's extremely clear to me that Josh has no interest in having me be a part of this project.

3 - I left the KDG bank account with about 10 - 12 months worth of ongoing "expenses" but I am officially done supporting this program as I have no insight, communication, or transparency to what Josh is doing.

I don't really know where to go from here so I am stepping away for now - if Josh officially quits I will take over and try to find appropriate resources to get this project moving again - but due to some difficulties in my personal life and some questions rising in my -actual- work space I can no longer afford to fund this project blindly.

Trymon

Educated
Dude was taking exemple from some AAA, trying to build an always online required games like simcity and such i bet.

:troll:

Ludovic

Valravn Games
Developer
To me it sounds more like a "lots of stuff isn't checked in to source control" - happens quite a lot with Unity projects, since Unity considers C# (behavior) scripts assets, they're kind of mixed with all the other assets, unless the developer manually sets up a different scheme. There is also the unity editor scene and the (media) assets. It's very likely that a (sloppy) lone developer doing his first Unity project doesn't want to bother putting everything in source control. Also has the neat side effect that it means no one but him can actually build the game and see the actual progress.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To me it sounds more like a "lots of stuff isn't checked in to source control" - happens quite a lot with Unity projects, since Unity considers C# (behavior) scripts assets, they're kind of mixed with all the other assets, unless the developer manually sets up a different scheme. There is also the unity editor scene and the (media) assets. It's very likely that a (sloppy) lone developer doing his first Unity project doesn't want to bother putting everything in source control. Also has the neat side effect that it means no one but him can actually build the game and see the actual progress.
So the whole thing is also one faulty harddrive away from total collapse. GG

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You mean a working programmer?
Doesn't have to mean much. I've witnessed some incompetence, though not at that level, to be honest.

Not checking in stuff regularly is a mistake I saw only students make, not people working for money.

Hey remember when people said there were too many moving parts in the videos for there not to be an ai?

I paid for the site and hosting for at least another year. I'll keep the site up as part of my ongoing punishment.

I think we have a good set of assets and stuff in place but nothing that resembles actual AI. It looks like everything in the videos was generated through scripts. I don't really know what I do or dn't know though so please take it with a grain of salt.

DramaticPopcorn

The guy is obviously deflecting everything onto programmer even though they're both equally responsible for this COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING FAILURE.

Ignorance, overpromise and plain stupidity is pretty much the reasons for this project's downfall. Fuck them all to death men.

Ludovic

Valravn Games
Developer
Sigh. The notion that "Assets + UI design + AI + trivial stuff = Game" is still alive and kicking I see. I wish crowdfunded dreamers would stop peddling that kind of nonsense to gamers. That stuff being glossed over as trivial glue is a staggering amount of work.

almondblight

Arcane
It's funny, people on the forums keep saying "Hey man, if you have access to the code could you at least download it?" and he keeps evading.

almondblight

Arcane
Is there anything about this???? :(

"Hey guys, I have access to the programmers code and want to assure you he's working on it!"
"Great, if you have access to it can you get someone to compile it and check the state of the project?"
"I, uhh...have to go..."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom