Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terraria

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Medium is fine. Large is too tedious to navigate.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That would be cool. I'm a tremendous faggot for animals, so that'd be up my alley. Only issue is I'm not too sure how useful they could be, unless they produced crafting materials for exclusive weapons/armor.

Bacon as a crafting ingredient.

THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES.

PIGS COULD FLY.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
That would be cool. I'm a tremendous faggot for animals, so that'd be up my alley. Only issue is I'm not too sure how useful they could be, unless they produced crafting materials for exclusive weapons/armor.
Animal Crossing is right up your alley.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Work has begun on my Protuberant Purple Palace of Prodigious Puissance, also known as the Tremendous Terrifying Tower of Tumescent Turpitude.

6d77688760.png

f6f5233aac.png

hivemind

are you seriously asking where is the fun in making giant structures in a game like terraria ?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Hang on, I seem to recall reading something about your idea of "fun" in another thread.

My favourite combat system is that of x-com 1 and fallout 1-2, but i rate Infinity engine combat for the fun factor on the same level as those turn based ones.

Translation: I'm name-dropping X-COM and Fallout/2 for Kodex Kool Kredits because I know the Codex loves those games, but I'm still too new to realize that I'm not fooling anyone. :lol:

Did you build that by hand?

Yes, and gathered the materials by hand as well. It would actually be more difficult to build properly in a map editor because of the embellishments and little details I've had to fiddle around with, although I used graph paper and drafting templates to plan the thing. There's much more yet to be added.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Translation: I'm name-dropping X-COM and Fallout/2 for Kodex Kool Kredits because I know the Codex loves those games, but I'm still too new to realize that I'm not fooling anyone. :lol:

Those games have actual gameplay opposed to Terraria.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I've always wondered if there's a point or any fun to be had when someone repeatedly reads and posts in threads about games they don't like. Clearly there must be, since some Codexers do it almost constantly.

This almost leads me to believe that people have different tastes, and don't always enjoy the same things others enjoy... but no, that just couldn't be.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I've always wondered if there's a point or any fun to be had when someone repeatedly reads and posts in threads about games they don't like. Clearly there must be, since some Codexers do it almost constantly.

This almost leads me to believe that people have different tastes, and don't always enjoy the same things others enjoy... but no, that just couldn't be.

You're not allowed to have fun in different games where i don't have fun, you just don't know yet that this game is shit, but i will enlighten you.

Terraria is shit. After you will sink 2000 hours into it, you will also realize this.

exe

Augur
Did you build that by hand?

Yes, and gathered the materials by hand as well. It would actually be more difficult to build properly in a map editor because of the embellishments and little details I've had to fiddle around with, although I used graph paper and drafting templates to plan the thing. There's much more yet to be added.

Blaine officially comfirmed for autist :M

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Really? It looks to me like you're making Galactus's hat...in 1:1 proportions.

I don't read comic books and although I'm vaguely familiar with Galactus, I had to look it up. There is some faint resemblance there. Maybe I should build the head below-ground.

In any event: Expert Moon Lord sorted in under five minutes, without using even a single healing potion. I'll make a video later. There aren't enough hotfix buffs or nerfs in the world to keep me from getting a boss on farm. :smug:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
MOON LORD CRUSHED IN 2:08

XenForo Embed doesn't seem to want to play in HD right now one some browsers, but if you watch on YouTube it's 1080p/60 FPS.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I ain't doing that shit 100% legit (most people use heart statues in their arenas, but I've taken turtling to extremes here) in five or six minutes when it can be done it two, while barely even bothering to aim or move around at all. I dug up those heart statues myself, no trading, modding, or duping involved, and this is the first time I've ever used them.

I've done Expert Moon Lord legit once, as a pure summoner with a friend tanking. Didn't even have an arena, unless you count a campfire, heart lantern, and one heart statue.

Never again.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Looks like pressure plates. The key to avoid most damage is to avoid the beam and it can be blocked by just a few tiles. Interesting combination of melee and summoning items and summoning shrine. Stardragon is really effective against ML.

I'm sometimes doing the Expert with new char and just got fucked by Brain of Cthulhu. I thought my Spacegun & Meteor suit would carry me far but it's not fast enough to kill all the ads, plus shitton of debuffs, that's not your casul Eye of C. Maybe I'll try and farm Medusa Head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom