Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terraria

toroid

Arcane
Besides, it doesn't even look that much faster than current endgame pickaxes.

Dunno about that, that thing is pretty damn fast. Besides, you have to manually aim other digging tools. It looks like you just point that thing in any direction and it digs automatically. That's astoundingly convenient.

I guess the dev has finally played enough to realize that having to mine just plain sucks.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

:what:
...but still not as fast as the Snowman Cannon.

Eh, by the time you can build that thing, I bet you can afford endless dynamite.

Goddammit. I wouldn't have gotten burned out on this game two years ago if something like this had been around. Terraria needed this a long time ago. Fucking slow-ass indie development.

Hang on bros, I'm gonna record a little something for you here.

ad9d7b928d.gif

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Further updates on what to expect in Terraria 1.3:

# An Alchemy station for mixing potions. It has a 33% chance of not using up reagents.

# Expert Mode.

Red has been working on a new game mode currently being called "Expert Mode". In expert mode the games difficulty has been greatly increased. Players will face old monsters with new ai, bosses with new ai and mechanics, and much more with greater rewards for their efforts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Best $2.50 I ever spent (and best two minutes unbeggable beg spent begging a key). I haven't played this in well over a year and probably missed at least one of major content additions. It's insane how much free support this guy has given a $10 game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
(and best two minutes unbeggable beg spent begging a key).

You're getting delusional as your mind slips further into beg-related dementia, I actually bought Terraria along with Eversion and Bioschock 2 during the 2012 Christmas sale.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
More 1.3 spoilers. First up, the new line-up of Solar Eclipse monsters:

jdYGMHW.png

Then there's this forum thread which shows a lot of cool stuff regarding the interface.

Finally there's the Pink Gel in action (cue Erasure music):

0FiGzWm.gif

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
This guy deserves a fucking award for the amount he supports a $10 game that most people have bundle foddered by now. Puts his ex-partner who now runs Chucklefuck Fish and Starbound to shame.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
B-b-but Starbound is still in Early Access! You can't diss it yet!!!

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's plenty of other games of the genre in Early Access, which are - unlike starbound - actually fun.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was meant to be a comparison of two leads involved in Terraria. One took his wealth, realized his good fortune, and now that he's set financially he's giving back to the players who put all the money in his pocket. The other goes off to start some studio where tons of money is spent on office furnishings and big screen televisions, produces shit at a snail's pace, and treats his paying customers with disdain.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Nice. I was actually wondering about it this morning. Let's see if they announce any new features before said release.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I don't have anymore interesting in playing but once again I have to commend this guy for continuing to add content/features to a $10 game that's widely available for $2.50 during sales these days.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't have anymore interesting in playing but once again I have to commend this guy for continuing to add content/features to a $10 game that's widely available for $2.50 during sales these days.
b-but the weather effect Metro, what about the weather effects

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
YEAH FUCK THAT ASSHOLE WHERE ARE MUH WEATHER EFFECTS! TOTAL CON JOB!

Gerrard

Arcane
Does it add a scaling option for the screen though? That's is literally the only good feature that Starbound has over Terraria.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
index.php

As many of you know [no we didn't - UC] Redigit and Cenx tied the knot yesterday, and move forward as the formidable husband and wife team behind all that is Terraria and Re-Logic! As a way to say congratulations and as a momento of the occasion, a couple of our beta testers (they can reveal who they are if they want) put together a little in game scene.

Now watch as the 1.3 update gets delayed for a month as the main driving force behind the game gets delayed due to a honeymoon.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I thought this dude already had a baby a year or so ago? Guess it was a shotgun wedding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom