Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugin7

Literate
Please test with the following files:

http://www.filedropper.com/slot0011solotestmoathouse
http://www.filedropper.com/slot0010rested

I am experiencing crashes whenever I try to use the "Import Rival Party" feature as documented here: http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/701/700525/profile/rivals.jpg. Clicking on one of the names under "Rival PCs" triggers the crashes. Also, I am unable to access the "Edit Object" menu.

A .dmp file was created, but it appears that I have no way of attaching it. The following entries were added at the end of my TemplePlus.log:

[2017-08-28 11:56:10.329] [core] [info] Object references in object G_F9BB07B5_77D2_4F23_B7BD_141263E7486C are already unfrozen.
[2017-08-28 11:56:10.329] [core] [info] Object references in object G_3933227B_F222_4B48_9709_82BBA9D4D3EB are already unfrozen.
[2017-08-28 11:56:10.845] [core] [debug] Failed to allocate stream! Stream ID -1, sound type 3
[2017-08-28 11:56:11.850] [core] [debug] Failed to allocate stream! Stream ID -1, sound type 3
[2017-08-28 11:56:12.427] [core] [debug] Goal pushed: ag_anim_fidget
[2017-08-28 11:56:13.030] [core] [info] Python: Mage Armor OnBeginRound
[2017-08-28 11:56:13.030] [core] [info] Python:
[2017-08-28 11:56:15.192] [core] [info] Python: Mage Armor OnBeginRound
[2017-08-28 11:56:15.192] [core] [info] Python:
[2017-08-28 11:56:17.427] [core] [debug] Goal pushed: ag_anim_fidget
[2017-08-28 11:56:18.518] [core] [error] Accessing unsupported field obj_f_npc_faction (363) in type obj_t_pc
[2017-08-28 11:56:18.518] [core] [error] Trying to get field obj_f_npc_faction on object G_B7BC601A_B55D_42C2_BDC9_8C79DA6D4B06, whose type doesn't support it
Can you upload the relevant savegames? (The one you play and the one you're importing from)
You can put it on a temporary host service like wikisend.

Vinh

Literate
Thanks for the fix and the new option. I will try the Balor again after finish my assignment in a few weeks. (yes. the Balor is that stressful. How is his fear spell work, anyway? remove fear doesn't seem to counter it.)
Anyways, as with any advance, there are more problem to be solved. My current one is that enemy corpse keep flashing. It is not a game stopping bug, but still quite annoying.

Fixed 1.0.52

Last edited by a moderator:

guinness22

Novice
Anyways, as with any advance, there are more problem to be solved. My current one is that enemy corpse keep flashing. It is not a game stopping bug, but still quite annoying.

FWIW, I get the same thing. Corpses 'flash'.

g22

Fixed 1.0.52

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You uploaded slot11.tfai twice, I need slot10.tfai.

Edit: NVM, I am able to recreate the crash from slot11. Will check.

Edit: ok, should be fixed next version.

Last edited:

hugin7

Literate
Thank you, glad to see you found the root cause. Is there an ETA for the fix? In the meanwhile, is there a workaround for avoiding the bug? I'm fine with testing this feature with different parties. If there is a quick code/config change I can make at my end, I might be fine with that, too. :)

I'm curious if the imported party is AI-controlled or if the player gets to control his own and the imported party. I suspect it's the former, which means the AI might not buff or use spells to the fullest. The latter would be very appealing as a test tool, at least to me. :)

You uploaded slot11.tfai twice, I need slot10.tfai.

Edit: NVM, I am able to recreate the crash from slot11. Will check.

Edit: ok, should be fixed next version.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Thank you, glad to see you found the root cause. Is there an ETA for the fix? In the meanwhile, is there a workaround for avoiding the bug? I'm fine with testing this feature with different parties. If there is a quick code/config change I can make at my end, I might be fine with that, too. :)

I'm curious if the imported party is AI-controlled or if the player gets to control his own and the imported party. I suspect it's the former, which means the AI might not buff or use spells to the fullest. The latter would be very appealing as a test tool, at least to me. :)

ETA - hopefully today. I fixed the crash but now I see that the imported rivals don't enter combat unless there's an NPC around, gotta fix that. If you're anxious to try it nonetheless you can grab the latest dev build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/shartte/templeplus

The imported party is AI Controlled, and it's true that it doesn't prebuff. It currently selects spells at random (more or less - there's AI params which can tweak the probabilities).

Edit: fix is out now (1.0.54)

Last edited:

hugin7

Literate
Thank you, fix confirmed at my end.

ETA - hopefully today. I fixed the crash but now I see that the imported rivals don't enter combat unless there's an NPC around, gotta fix that. If you're anxious to try it nonetheless you can grab the latest dev build: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/shartte/templeplus

The imported party is AI Controlled, and it's true that it doesn't prebuff. It currently selects spells at random (more or less - there's AI params which can tweak the probabilities).

Edit: fix is out now (1.0.54)

Seferex

Literate
Yes you can sneak attack with rays but it acts only as a normal ranged weapon. So it will works only if targets dont have dex bonus.
For what i recall all rays should ALWAYS do sneak attack whatever targets has dex bonus or not

Seferex

Literate
Sneak attack to works needs:
- That your target cant use his dextery bonus or
- You flank him with a melee weapon.

So ranged attacks will work only the first time when the enemy did not spot you (so is loosing his dextery bonus).
Rays spells instead should always do sneak attack even if the target can use his dextery bonus.

Right now the rays spells can sneak attack ONLY if the target can not use dextery bonus (this means only when he did not spot you yet or if you are invisible/hiding)

The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target.

The rule i refer to is on Complete Arcane, first pages of the Spells chapter.

I apologize for my crap english :( i hope i was clear enough

Last edited:

Seferex

Literate
No, it seems that i made a mistake when reading the rule.... You still need to hide/invisible in order to do a sneak attack with a spell...
I'm really sorry for wasting time ^^" from now on i will be very sure before posting something

OTZ

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I have tried it again recently... is it normal for owlbears to have fucking 450 hitpoints? :D

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Maybe they're Co8 owlbears.

They definitely are, as they can be found in Co8 content... but still pretty weird. I thought Co8 would use better ways to add tedium challenge than rather extreme hitpoint bloat.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is that literally 350 hp or just hyperbole? I do remember the arena OBs having over 100 but not that much... also are you using max HP for NPC HDs?

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Is that literally 350 hp or just hyperbole? I do remember the arena OBs having over 100 but not that much... also are you using max HP for NPC HDs?

Literally 450 for the bugbears in the arena... I am using maxHP for NPCs, thought it would be fair. :D Thinking of it, some other creatures had kind of high hitpoints as well, like the skeletons that pop up in Emrydy meadows after you pick up Terjons stuff - 70 for the warriors and 130 for the priest.

EDIT: They have 133 when I turn the maxHP off, so the encounter is much more doable now, thanks. :D

Last edited:

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Aaaand the next thing I noticed is that the wizard doesn't get bonus memorized spells for high intelligence - he is stuck with max of 4 at each level. Thought I could fix it with the dungeon master thingy, but it only allows you to edit spells known, not the amount of daily slots/casts.

Allyx

Savant
Co8 did fudge the HD and respective CR's of various creatures to artificially insure that some encounters had a more consistantly high HP allotment without increasing the XP gained by defeating the enemy in question. The workaround they chose was seen as valid at the time, as max HP per HD for NPC's was not an available option at that time.

Elestan

Educated
Co8 did fudge the HD and respective CR's of various creatures to artificially insure that some encounters had a more consistantly high HP allotment without increasing the XP gained by defeating the enemy in question. The workaround they chose was seen as valid at the time, as max HP per HD for NPC's was not an available option at that time.
Would it make sense to reverse this in Temple+, given the availability of that option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom