Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohandas

Educated
As of the last Temple+ update the speedup() console command from Co8 no longer seems to work
Yeah it's a side effect of the speed being equalized regardless of model scale.
However, you can speed things up from the cheats menu ;)
I can't access the cheats menu. See, I play with the resolution reduced because the max resolution makes things too small for me to see, and as a result the game screen doesn't go all the way to the left and right edges of the screen; unfortunately however the new console does go to the edge but I can't reach the ends because the cursor only goes as far as the edge of the main game screen. Would it be possible to move the cheats menu to the center of the console and/or make speedup an option in the Temple+ configuration program instead?
Strange that it doesn't show up for you. What resolution are you using exactly?
800x600 on a 1600x900 screen

And the cheats menu does show up for me, I just can't access it because the cursor won't go all the way to the right side of the screen.

EDIT:
I meant the left side. Sorry

EDIT:
And which .ini file specifically?

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Nasty bug, my rogue/assassin had cast grease and then walked into it. The spell should be long gone (especially after I dismissed it) but she still suffers from it. Her speed is 10 and she trips in combat occasionally.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ozcn0qa1930hj58 - save
Fixed v1.0.37

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And now the game crashes when I click Begin Adventuring with a party of 5 or 4. I can start the game with 3 or less characters.
https://www.mediafire.com/?m5j7a832jiqao7p
Damn, looks like I missed a bug with Favored Soul. Fixed, will issue a release tomorrow.

Re. grease, I think going to Jaroo for help with spell permanency should help in the meantime. I'll try to issue a proper fix too.

Edit: fixed 1.0.37

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Another crash, this time clicked on "sneak attack" while having the help cursor on.
https://www.mediafire.com/?c5ntk074fcyabm3
What do you mean by "clicked on sneak attack"? Were you perhaps referring to Single Attack?

Edit: ok, we think we found the cause, issued fix for 1.0.37.

Nother day, nother crash.
Just finished the fight with bandits in front of moathouse.
https://www.mediafire.com/?cg0bc9tgx29297e

Looks like something related to sound streams... hard to nail down.

Last edited:

Jimes Tooper

Literate

tuomas

Barely Literate
Hi, the latest patch seems to have effed up the game for me pretty majorly, I get (most likely) unrecoverable graphics driver crashes quite often, which force me to use the reset button. These seem to happen either just in the game and especially alt-tabbing out of it. At the moment I can't actually play due to the fact that it crashes after just moments of gameplay. And due to the nature of the crashes I haven't been able to get any useful dumps(I think). Any way around this? Is there a repository for older versions of temple+?

I have the CO8 pack installed along temple+, but that's it modding wise.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hi, the latest patch seems to have effed up the game for me pretty majorly, I get (most likely) unrecoverable graphics driver crashes quite often, which force me to use the reset button. These seem to happen either just in the game and especially alt-tabbing out of it. At the moment I can't actually play due to the fact that it crashes after just moments of gameplay. And due to the nature of the crashes I haven't been able to get any useful dumps(I think). Any way around this? Is there a repository for older versions of temple+?

Hi, sorry to hear that.
You can grab v1.0.29 from here:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.29/TemplePlusSetup.exe

Still, I'd appreciate if you could send the log and crash dumps (if there are any), they should be at
C:\Users\<your windows username>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Sitra Achara

Arcane
*The mind control protection from protection from evil applies to some effects that it shouldn't, such as bless

*The number of charges on new wands is wrong. They're supposed to start with 50 charges.

Pretty sure I fixed those two issues... have you checked?

tuomas

Barely Literate

Hi, sorry to hear that.
You can grab v1.0.29 from here:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/download/v1.0.29/TemplePlusSetup.exe

Still, I'd appreciate if you could send the log and crash dumps (if there are any), they should be at
C:\Users\<your windows username>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Checked the folder, but no dumps from the described events. Probably because the game itself seems to keep running, it just crashes the graphics driver which for some reason just doesn't want to recover, forcing me to hard reset. The log is there though, will that alone do any good?

tuomas

Barely Literate
Seems I can't edit my not yet approved post, or I'm just being blind?

Anyway, did some further testing and managed to circumvent the situation that crashed me(seemed that running into a battle in the air node crashed me with certainty), by teleporting to hommlet and running back in to air node. Weirdly enough, it fixed the problem for the save game I could replicate the crash with as well, so I don't know what to say about that. These crashes haven't limited themselves to that situation alone though, this is just the first one I could replicate(till travelling fixed it), and they seemed to start after updating to .37. All the cases have been in the temple, either the nodes or the main floors, but I would guess that's mainly because I'm in that part of the game at the moment.

cowking

Scholar
Actually I had that fog bug too back in 1.0.29 (fog meaning black exploration fog), happened in Emridy Meadows only though. Fixed 1.0.41

Level one wizard spell selection has definitely changed, but you can still change spells by dragging over the previous ones.

tuomas

Barely Literate
I've had the same fog bug since I Started using temple+ couple weeks ago. First saw it in Emridy Meadows, and have had it happen in the Temple and its nodes, but it's been such a mild annoyance that it didn't drive me to report it :)
Fixed 1.0.41

Elestan

Educated
As you suggested Elestan you'll have access to the pre-hooked action cost.
I haven't added any explicit arbitration for when there are two effects, each one will just modify the latest cost_new as it sees fit.
Along the way I've also implemented get/set methods for the rest of the MetaMagicData properties (was needed here to check for Quicken Spell).
Awesome, thanks!

Silverxx

Barely Literate
Really enjoying Temple Plus thank you.

Ran into a game breaking bug. CTD as soon as you try to rest or travel using world map. Doesn't generate a dump file.

GOG Version

Temple Plus 1.0.38

Co8 New Content 8.1.0

Save and log:

https://ufile.io/2c84c

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Really enjoying Temple Plus thank you.

Ran into a game breaking bug. CTD as soon as you try to rest or travel using world map. Doesn't generate a dump file.

GOG Version

Temple Plus 1.0.38

Co8 New Content 8.1.0

Save and log:

https://ufile.io/2c84c
Thanks, fixed in v1.0.39.
As a bonus from digging through the relevant code, I've added an option to disable doors relocking after a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom