Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The Cleric/Wiz 2nd level spell Resist Energy has shorter duration than intended.
The description is 10 min / caster level while the actual duration is only 1 min /caster level.

Are you playing without the Co8 mod? It should be fixed in it.

I'll add the fix to Temple+ nonetheless.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
NG Paladin Build Order
Cleric then Fighter then Paladin. She would have gone more Paladin had the game let her.

Druid Animal Companions and Loyalty Bonuses
Animal companions give a 'loyalty bonus' in terms of bonus hit dice, STR, DEX, natural armor, etc. if the Druid has this companion for at least 3 levels beyond the minimum needed to acquire this companion. Does this work properly for Dire Bears? What about other companions not available at Druid1?
Couldn't replicate the Paladin issue (leveled a NG Clr->Ftr>Pal and could continue with Pal), so if still relevant please send a save.

Re. Dire Bear animal companions, yes they should get these bonuses as usual.

Icemephit

Novice
Not sure if this should be reported as a bug or not but since I also have a question about it I figured I'd post it here. So innate spellcasters (sorcerer and bard) that use meta magic have a time increase on it right? 1 standard action to a full round action. Well I had the idea to try and create the rapid metamagic feat from complete mage (or just build it right into the classes) but I've been unable to lock on to how exactly the game handles this. Now the bug I've found is this: the added assassin prestige class is supposed to cast like a bard right? He can use metamagic (tested with both still and silent spell on grease) without the spontaneous casting penalty. I've tried altering all of the sorcerers return functions based on caster type (to the point of calling him an assassin) but I haven't been able to duplicate this effect. Any idea whats causing it?
Fixed, and added Rapid Metamagic

On a semi-unrelated note, I've also encountered a (difficult to replicate) bug where on level up the assassin is unable to choose new spells (seems to happen more inside the temple, and never happens in a safe resting zone).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Not sure if this should be reported as a bug or not but since I also have a question about it I figured I'd post it here. So innate spellcasters (sorcerer and bard) that use meta magic have a time increase on it right? 1 standard action to a full round action. Well I had the idea to try and create the rapid metamagic feat from complete mage (or just build it right into the classes) but I've been unable to lock on to how exactly the game handles this. Now the bug I've found is this: the added assassin prestige class is supposed to cast like a bard right? He can use metamagic (tested with both still and silent spell on grease) without the spontaneous casting penalty. I've tried altering all of the sorcerers return functions based on caster type (to the point of calling him an assassin) but I haven't been able to duplicate this effect. Any idea whats causing it?

On a semi-unrelated note, I've also encountered a (difficult to replicate) bug where on level up the assassin is unable to choose new spells (seems to happen more inside the temple, and never happens in a safe resting zone).
I'm not at home right now so I'll have to get back to you on that, but the casting time is probably hardcoded right now for sorcerers/bards (that's how vanilla ToEE rolls for the most part). I'll have to replace the ActionCost function for spellcasting to support that (shouldn't be too hard, remind me next weekend)

No idea about the Spell selection bug, but I doubt it is related to the safeness of rest. If you encounter it again please send the log file.

Icemephit

Novice

I'm not at home right now so I'll have to get back to you on that, but the casting time is probably hardcoded right now for sorcerers/bards (that's how vanilla ToEE rolls for the most part). I'll have to replace the ActionCost function for spellcasting to support that (shouldn't be too hard, remind me next weekend)

No idea about the Spell selection bug, but I doubt it is related to the safeness of rest. If you encounter it again please send the log file.

I managed to isolate the spell bug, it has to do with the characters int. If your int score is too low to cast the assassin spells when you level up the list is just empty, but you can still finish the level. If this happens on a level where you would gain a new spell level that spell level becomes forever locked. For example, my character has base 10 int and had fox's cunning cast on him while leveling assassin (making it 14 int) and everything works properly. but if you level from 6 to 7 without the buff it creates the bug, after this even with the +4 buff going from 7 to 8 doesn't show any level 4 spells; the menu cuts off.

I have no idea if this was supposed to be build into the game for innate casters missing certain level ups, but losing the spell level permanently sounds like a problem.

Fixed v1.0.83

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Ah gotcha. I don't think it's intentnali, but is it legal to get spells from a buffed stat? I'm guessing not.

Are you sure it's activated properly? I just tested and the Resist Energy duration was as expected 10min/level, whereas Vanilla ToEE did have a bugged duration.

My Toee with CO8 8.1.0 NC

post-946255-1486986028_thumb.jpg

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Are you sure it's activated properly? I just tested and the Resist Energy duration was as expected 10min/level, whereas Vanilla ToEE did have a bugged duration.

Looks legit...
Anyway if you can send me a save demonstrating it I'll take a look because otherwise it worked fine here.
Also just be sure, the duration display is in rounds, so that would be 100 rounds/level.

Icemephit

Novice

Does this mean that all the added classes like favoured soul and assassin will have their own spellcasting function as opposed to a generalized one?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Does this mean that all the added classes like favoured soul and assassin will have their own spellcasting function as opposed to a generalized one?
Hey, thanks for the reminder!

Currently I've revised the Spell Action Cost function to apply the full round cost to all Spontaneous casters using Metamagic, and it's also a good opportunity to add the requested house rule for overriding it.

I can add a script hook for customizing this behavior on a per-class basis. Is that desirable? Also, is there any other aspect of spell casting time that would need special considerations, for some other PRC perhaps?

Icemephit

Novice

Currently I've revised the Spell Action Cost function to apply the full round cost to all Spontaneous casters using Metamagic, and it's also a good opportunity to add the requested house rule for overriding it.

I can add a script hook for customizing this behavior on a per-class basis. Is that desirable? Also, is there any other aspect of spell casting time that would need special considerations, for some other PRC perhaps?

Hmm, I can't think of any PRC's that would but the feat rapid metamagic i mentioned before does. Would a hook be possible for that to potentially change action speed based on if a spontaneous caster has the feat or not?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Hmm, I can't think of any PRC's that would but the feat rapid metamagic i mentioned before does. Would a hook be possible for that to potentially change action speed based on if a spontaneous caster has the feat or not?
Oh yeah, the feat, forgot about that hehe.

I think I can add a more general hook to modify the time required for any type of action (which will get applied after the standard behavior) so you could then script feats to do so.

Looks legit...
Anyway if you can send me a save demonstrating it I'll take a look because otherwise it worked fine here.
Also just be sure, the duration display is in rounds, so that would be 100 rounds/level.

Save screen of Lv6 Cleric with only 60 rounds of Resist Energy instead of 600 rounds.
I have tried re-downloaded the CO8 module installed and reactivate and still have 10 rounds per level.

post-946255-1487500438_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Looks legit...

Save screen of Lv6 Cleric with only 60 rounds of Resist Energy instead of 600 rounds.
I have tried re-downloaded the CO8 module installed and reactivate and still have 10 rounds per level.

post-946255-1487500438_thumb.jpg
I need the save game files to debug this.

cowking

Scholar
My rogue 4 / assassin 3 with int 18 has spell dc of 10 instead of 10 + spell lvl + int.

I also started a new game and consoled some xp to make sure it's not save game related.

Fixed in 1.0.30

cowking

Scholar
Temple+ breaks material costs for spells even if you don't have lax rules / non-core materials checked (tested cleric's animate dead and wizard's stoneskin). Being able to upkeep stoneskin for the whole party without incurring any cost is kinda gamebreaking.

Doesn't happen with TFE-X, also tested a new game with console and temple+ to make sure it's not save game related.

Oh yeah and I finally found that testing/support thread :selfhate:

Fixed 1.0.30

Elestan

Educated
I think I can add a more general hook to modify the time required for any type of action (which will get applied after the standard behavior) so you could then script feats to do so.

Corner case to test: What happens if someone has two such feats?

Implementation detail suggestion: Within the hook, there should be a way to fetch the un-hooked time without causing a recursive crash.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Temple+ breaks material costs for spells even if you don't have lax rules / non-core materials checked (tested cleric's animate dead and wizard's stoneskin). Being able to upkeep stoneskin for the whole party without incurring any cost is kinda gamebreaking.

Doesn't happen with TFE-X, also tested a new game with console and temple+ to make sure it's not save game related.

Oh yeah and I finally found that testing/support thread :selfhate:
Thanks, looks like I mixed up XP and GP costs when parsing the spell files. Fixed for 1.0.30. (note that it won't charge you XP despite this, since XP cost wasn't implemented in ToEE)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
My rogue 4 / assassin 3 with int 18 has spell dc of 10 instead of 10 + spell lvl + int.

I also started a new game and consoled some xp to make sure it's not save game related.

I think I fixed this a while ago, anyway should work right in 1.0.30.

Corner case to test: What happens if someone has two such feats?

Implementation detail suggestion: Within the hook, there should be a way to fetch the un-hooked time without causing a recursive crash.

Alright I've added an Action Cost Mod event, and as a test case I've implemented Rapid Metamagic which should please many people :)

As you suggested Elestan you'll have access to the pre-hooked action cost.
I haven't added any explicit arbitration for when there are two effects, each one will just modify the latest cost_new as it sees fit.
Along the way I've also implemented get/set methods for the rest of the MetaMagicData properties (was needed here to check for Quicken Spell).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Actually, I've seen trolls attack spiritual weapons now too, and I didn't have an entangle down.

And, I'm not sure why, but after I got improved trip on my warrior, I wasn't getting the +2 bonus from the spiked chain.

Do the trip bonus from the spiked chain and Improved Trip feat not stack?

They should

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say Spiked Chain gives a +2 bonus to trip? As far as I can tell it only applies to Disarm (which it does in Temple+).
It should prevent triggering AoOs, however (again, should be in Temple+)

Black

Arcane
Question to D&Dfags- let's say an invisible assassin marks/studies target her target for death blow who's next to her. Does this count as an "hostile" action, as in, should it start combat?

hakinaro

Barely Literate
Question to D&Dfags- let's say an invisible assassin marks/studies target her target for death blow who's next to her. Does this count as an "hostile" action, as in, should it start combat?

No you have to actually attack to break invisibility now if that target spots you somehow then yes combat would be initiated

Black

Arcane
Welp, right now in T+ studying target initiates combat even if invisible so one more thing to hotfix :M

Fixed 1.0.35

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom