Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathalor

Educated
To double check that I hadn't accidentally double classed her, I made sure that she gained a new spell level at level 13. She did.

And now she's casting at her level. argghh

So yeah, something's weird with craft wand.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
To double check that I hadn't accidentally double classed her, I made sure that she gained a new spell level at level 13. She did.

And now she's casting at her level. argghh

So yeah, something's weird with craft wand.
Known issue, ToEE doesn't really store caster level in the wand, just the spell level, so the caster level will always be odd numbered.

The issue happened when i brawled Tolub the first time.

Maybe during the previous play through around 1 year++ ago.

Ranx_0

Novice
Hello I posted on moddb forum but it seems inactive so here I am.

1. My configuration : Windows 10, DX12, 2 GTX 780Ti SLI.
Game : toee from gog, Co8 8.1 NC, played it without much problem so far.
I installed temple+ from moddb, it found the toee install folder (on d: for me), as I hit launch, nothing happens. Same when I launch temple+ from the shortcut.

2. no log file on saved games, only templeplus.ini

3. I launch via the shorcut but nothing happens, no message, no exec in the task manager

4. no popup so I guess no dump, the closest to it is a SquirelSetup.log in the appdata/local/templePlus folder, it contains
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --processStart TemplePlus.exe
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: Want to launch 'C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.29\TemplePlus.exe'
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: About to launch: 'C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.29\TemplePlus.exe':
for each launch attempt.

5. na, I do not get to load any save

6. ok

Many thanks for your help

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hello I posted on moddb forum but it seems inactive so here I am.

1. My configuration : Windows 10, DX12, 2 GTX 780Ti SLI.
Game : toee from gog, Co8 8.1 NC, played it without much problem so far.
I installed temple+ from moddb, it found the toee install folder (on d: for me), as I hit launch, nothing happens. Same when I launch temple+ from the shortcut.

2. no log file on saved games, only templeplus.ini

3. I launch via the shorcut but nothing happens, no message, no exec in the task manager

4. no popup so I guess no dump, the closest to it is a SquirelSetup.log in the appdata/local/templePlus folder, it contains
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --processStart TemplePlus.exe
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: Want to launch 'C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.29\TemplePlus.exe'
2017-01-26 23:50:13> Program: About to launch: 'C:\Users\Pierre\AppData\Local\TemplePlus\app-1.0.29\TemplePlus.exe':
for each launch attempt.

5. na, I do not get to load any save

6. ok

Many thanks for your help

What happens if you try to launch the game manually by running templeplus.exe from the AppData folder??

CE2JRH

Literate
Hey, downloaded and installed the Temple+ thing, works well it seems, but produces a runtime exception error.

Windows 10, I3-4030U, 8gb ram, installed to a 256gb SSD, Intel Integrated HD 4400 graphics.

http://imgur.com/a/F9TFZ for the error.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
same effect (none) :(
Sorry, no idea what could be causing this other than what's mentioned in the original post.

Hey, downloaded and installed the Temple+ thing, works well it seems, but produces a runtime exception error.

Windows 10, I3-4030U, 8gb ram, installed to a 256gb SSD, Intel Integrated HD 4400 graphics.

http://imgur.com/a/F9TFZ for the error.
Is that crash consistent or random? Can you send the logfile and savegame?

CE2JRH

Literate
Hmmm, also crashing every time I try to cast a spell in Hommelet (guidance, prayer, to help my rogue open the smiths locked box). I apparently have messed something up substantially.

Ranx_0

Novice
Sorry, no idea what could be causing this other than what's mentioned in the original post.

I'll keep on trying, thanks for your concern and keep on the good job.

Ranx_0

Novice

Late edit : found it, my antivirus quietly blocked temple+, its Bitdefender Total Security 2016 fyi

Sitra Achara

Arcane

Late edit : found it, my antivirus quietly blocked temple+, its Bitdefender Total Security 2016 fyi
That's funny because the machine it's developed on also has Bitdefender :p Anyways glad you got it working!

Ranx_0

Novice
Not sure if it is a temple+ bug but since I have not seen any report of this case anywhere else i'll try you :cool:.

I killed the earth node guardian daemon, and took the orb gem before having temple+ working. I cleaned the remains of the node with temple+ on, then took the air portal, still inside the node, without going back up on temple level 4.

In the air node, I killed the guardian daemon and took the air gem, rampaged the node. When I wanted to go back home to recover, not a single portal was working, they are clickable but do nothing. I'll try to teleport out if I can get some rest and I'll send a save tonight.
Any idea ?

CE2JRH

Literate
So, my crashing error happens with Temple+ used on Keep on the Borderlands, too, so I'm playing through that without Temple+. It seems like an issue with Temple+ itself, since keep of the Borderlands is proving to be stable (though groups of NPC's in town seem prone to go randomly hostile, which is mildly annoying).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hmmm, also crashing every time I try to cast a spell in Hommelet (guidance, prayer, to help my rogue open the smiths locked box). I apparently have messed something up substantially.
Hey,
I couldn't replicate any of that using your saves, but it sounds like you might have a driver issue (perhaps it's triggered by rendering the spell particle effects). Are your graphics drivers up to date?
Also, are you perhaps using a hybrid GPU setup (e.g. an NVIDIA GPU alongside the integrated one)? If so, try forcing the game to use the actual GPU for ToEE.

Not sure if it is a temple+ bug but since I have not seen any report of this case anywhere else i'll try you :cool:.

I killed the earth node guardian daemon, and took the orb gem before having temple+ working. I cleaned the remains of the node with temple+ on, then took the air portal, still inside the node, without going back up on temple level 4.

In the air node, I killed the guardian daemon and took the air gem, rampaged the node. When I wanted to go back home to recover, not a single portal was working, they are clickable but do nothing. I'll try to teleport out if I can get some rest and I'll send a save tonight.
Any idea ?
Couldn't replicate that. I see you haven't sent a save, is the issue solved?

CE2JRH

Literate
Integrated GPU only, and I'll check for updates. Does Temple+ use different particle effects than Co8? Cause Co8 runs fine.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Integrated GPU only, and I'll check for updates. Does Temple+ use different particle effects than Co8? Cause Co8 runs fine.
Temple+ has been upgraded to dx11, which seems to cause issues with some lower end gpus...

Mathalor

Educated
So, I'm not sure if this is vanilla or not, but I'm guessing not.

My main party is level 14 and I'm training three npcs who are level 11.

I'm getting frequent crashes to the desktop when I go to a merchant, usually brother smythe, and click on the identify button.

Doesn't always happen, but happens frequently.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
So, I'm not sure if this is vanilla or not, but I'm guessing not.

My main party is level 14 and I'm training three npcs who are level 11.

I'm getting frequent crashes to the desktop when I go to a merchant, usually brother smythe, and click on the identify button.

Doesn't always happen, but happens frequently.
Please send the save, log and crash dumps according to the instructions.

Ranx_0

Novice

Any idea ?
Couldn't replicate that. I see you haven't sent a save, is the issue solved?[/QUOTE]

Neither could I, I restarted the gardian fight again and could use the portals after, so I'm not stuck anymore.

thanks !

I think the Cleric Lv2 spell Aid is not working as intended.
It supposed to add 1d8+1/lv of temporary hp but I could not get it to add more than 8 hp.
The 1/lv hp is missing.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I think the Cleric Lv2 spell Aid is not working as intended.
It supposed to add 1d8+1/lv of temporary hp but I could not get it to add more than 8 hp.
The 1/lv hp is missing.
Yup you are correct, Troika forgot to add the +1/caster level. Fixed for next version.

The Cleric/Wiz 2nd level spell Resist Energy has shorter duration than intended.
The description is 10 min / caster level while the actual duration is only 1 min /caster level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom