Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingBlade

Educated
Edit: I've read the first post but I can't find the instruction to get the log file, all I can see is the "Common Issues and Solutions". Sorry if I've missed the part :/

By the way I can't use this link "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113" because my OS is not genuine, are there any ways to install/fix Direct X 11 without the update? I've tried some offline installers but that didn't seems to work. My last option is to clean install my system which I shouldn't do yet. :(

Additional info, I've noticed every time I reinstall Temple+ when it say it will create a shortcut to desktop, it doesn't and it will crash.

If getting a genuine copy of Windows is just not possible, you might be able to get an older copy of Temple+ prior to the DX11 update, I might have an old installer in my download folder. Keep in mind that you would have to disable automatic updates, and you would effectively be unsupported; you would not have access to some of the new tweaks and features, such as prestige classes. We also wouldn't be able to help a whole lot in the forums, since no one is going to be running the older versions (and it would be unreasonable to ask someone to do so specifically to help you).

So, that's an option.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Edit: I've read the first post but I can't find the instruction to get the log file, all I can see is the "Common Issues and Solutions". Sorry if I've missed the part :/

By the way I can't use this link "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113" because my OS is not genuine, are there any ways to install/fix Direct X 11 without the update? I've tried some offline installers but that didn't seems to work. My last option is to clean install my system which I shouldn't do yet. :(

Additional info, I've noticed every time I reinstall Temple+ when it say it will create a shortcut to desktop, it doesn't and it will crash.

If getting a genuine copy of Windows is just not possible, you might be able to get an older copy of Temple+ prior to the DX11 update, I might have an old installer in my download folder. Keep in mind that you would have to disable automatic updates, and you would effectively be unsupported; you would not have access to some of the new tweaks and features, such as prestige classes. We also wouldn't be able to help a whole lot in the forums, since no one is going to be running the older versions (and it would be unreasonable to ask someone to do so specifically to help you).

So, that's an option.

You can get v1.0.13 here:
https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TemplePlus/releases/tag/v1.0.13

But yeah, it doesn't feature the Prestige Classes and a bunch more improvements made since then, and that branch won't be updated and supported...

[2016-10-05 18:46:55.551] [core] [info] Starting Temple Plus
[2016-10-05 18:46:55.552] [core] [info] Version: 1.0.24
[2016-10-05 18:46:55.552] [core] [info] Commit: daa05e3beea20bee67922459e5ca103b95fa4187
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.029] [core] [info] The temple.dll base address delta is: 0
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.029] [core] [info] Detected Co8 save/load hook in loaded DLL
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.037] [core] [info] Applying 120 DLL fixes
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.040] [core] [info] Replacing AI functions...
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.042] [core] [info] Replacing Critter System functions
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.187] [core] [debug] Replacing Turn Based System functions
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.189] [core] [info] Replacing Condition-related Functions
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.192] [core] [info] Replacing basic Dispatcher functions
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.195] [core] [info] Replacing Map Object Functions
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.197] [core] [info] Applying XP Table Extension upto Level 20
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.207] [core] [info] Finished applying DLL fixes
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.217] [core] [info] Initializing TIG
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.219] [core] [info] Registering archive RT_ToEE4.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.220] [core] [info] Registering archive tig.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.220] [core] [info] Registering archive ToEE1.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.224] [core] [info] Registering archive ToEE2.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.226] [core] [info] Registering archive ToEE3.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.229] [core] [info] Registering archive ToEE4.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.231] [core] [info] Registering archive unins000.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.233] [core] [info] Registering archive unins001.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.240] [core] [info] Registering tpdata\tpgamefiles.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.250] [core] [info] Registering new pathfinding data tpdata\clearances.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.253] [core] [info] Registering Co8 file fixes tpdata\co8fixes.dat
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.271] [core] [info] Creating window with dimensions 816x638
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.328] [core] [info] Enumerating DXGI display devices...
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.329] [core] [info] Adapter #0 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650'
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.329] [core] [info] Output #0 Device '\\.\DISPLAY1' Monitor 'AOC 2250'
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.331] [core] [info] Adapter #1 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600'
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.331] [core] [info] Skipping device because it has no outputs.
[2016-10-05 18:46:56.370] [core] [warning] Direct3D Error 0x-7ff8ffa9 @ status: The parameter is incorrect.

Okay found it, here it is.
That certainly looks like the DX11 issue at play...

Quick question, how is Animate Dead handled? Does it just give a basic zombie/ghost, or does it pull from a table based on caster level?
Basic zombie or skeleton IIRC.

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
Quick question, how is Animate Dead handled? Does it just give a basic zombie/ghost, or does it pull from a table based on caster level?

SwingBlade

Educated

Bummer, thanks.

New issues wee!

Randomly, on a save load or heading into a scene change, it looks like a pixel of a character gets 'caught' on a point, and there's a stretch of color to the character. This leads to a hard crash. Don't have a ready log.

Still also running into increasingly frequent crashes when trying to load a save. Seemingly related, I sometimes load a save fine, or am playing with no issues. However, hitting Esc to bring up the menu (usually to save), it gives me a crash message and CTDs. Here is my .log and .dmp for that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGWm9BMXJDblREYTg

sneakycold

Novice
I've tried it on another computer and it works. I guess case closed for me, sorry for the bother guys, I'm gonna check those prestige classes, ooh and thank you so much for all the help, I appreciated it ;)

florian1

Novice
Using 1.0.24. My 5th level Cleric is able to create ability buffing items up to +6 (girdle of giant strength +6, cloak of charisma +6 etc). I am pretty sure he should be limited to +2 or +4 items. My 5th level Druid can create +4 ability bonus items, but I suspect he should be limited to +2 items.

florian1

Novice
Never mind, I just looked at the SRD for 3.5, and it seems that attribute boosting items can be +2, +4, or +6 without an increase in the required caster level. Never new that. I thought it scaled similarly to enhancement bonuses for weapons and armor and such.

SwingBlade

Educated
Do saving throws get critical successes? I had Panathaes roll a 20+2=22 vs DC 23 on Hold Monster. The popup text said Saving Throw Success, though chat says failure. He was also not held.

EDIT: I guess I lied, he was held after all.

Black

Arcane
I thought natural 20 always succeeds, be it save or something else, no matter the DC.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yes, 20 will always succeed and 1 will always fail for saving throws. It's possible the roll history parser doesn't account for that though.

Bummer, thanks.

New issues wee!

Randomly, on a save load or heading into a scene change, it looks like a pixel of a character gets 'caught' on a point, and there's a stretch of color to the character. This leads to a hard crash. Don't have a ready log.

Still also running into increasingly frequent crashes when trying to load a save. Seemingly related, I sometimes load a save fine, or am playing with no issues. However, hitting Esc to bring up the menu (usually to save), it gives me a crash message and CTDs. Here is my .log and .dmp for that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGWm9BMXJDblREYTg

Can you send a recent save? I've made a possible fix and would like to test.

Crap, did I not? I know I uploaded one to my drive specifically to post to you. I think I got a little self-conscious that I was monopolizing your time with my issues haha.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6VutlpVrGbGTWJKQ3dUS2Q2Yjg
Don't worry, I'm doing other stuff in parallel ;) Currently doing a pass on the Bard songs and also added some support for Winston Schnozwick's Psi mod.

Edit: You did submit a save, it's still the same issue with loading. I was referring to bringing up the main menu crash, but then it might be related.

One thing I'll note is that the issues seemed to show up when my whole party went PRC. It was a bit trickly, starting with Mystic Theurge at 7, Eldritch Knight and Dwarven Defender at 8, and finally Arcane Trickster at 10. The save with the Groaning Spirits is my furthest-along consistent save, and is from right after the party dinged 9. I can't begin to say what might be the issue for sure, but it seems like the issues really started after I started down the Arcane Trickster path. Might just be a false correlation, but it's something that I've been wondering about. I was able to play through the whole content set with a party of base-classed characters without issue.
The crash is triggered by something in the animation system, which shouldn't be related to the PRCs (but you never know). It also seems specific to the Vance character...

Did you start over from the Groaning Spirit save or did you press on with the other one?

One thing I'll note is that the issues seemed to show up when my whole party went PRC. It was a bit trickly, starting with Mystic Theurge at 7, Eldritch Knight and Dwarven Defender at 8, and finally Arcane Trickster at 10. The save with the Groaning Spirits is my furthest-along consistent save, and is from right after the party dinged 9. I can't begin to say what might be the issue for sure, but it seems like the issues really started after I started down the Arcane Trickster path. Might just be a false correlation, but it's something that I've been wondering about. I was able to play through the whole content set with a party of base-classed characters without issue.
The crash is triggered by something in the animation system, which shouldn't be related to the PRCs (but you never know). It also seems specific to the Vance character...

Did you start over from the Groaning Spirit save or did you press on with the other one?

He is the most common to have had the graphical hang that I mentioned in a previous report, though I had enough doubt that it was only him that I didn't mention it. Maybe it's a party-head issue?
I'm not sure, but I see that equipping/unequipping Vance's robes / cloak often triggers this in the 'restored save' I sent. Seems to be unique to Vance. Will have to investigate further.
(I also vaguely remember there used to be a vanilla bug with the Dwarven Plate mesh, might be related)

I'm not sure, but I see that equipping/unequipping Vance's robes / cloak often triggers this in the 'restored save' I sent. Seems to be unique to Vance. Will have to investigate further.
(I also vaguely remember there used to be a vanilla bug with the Dwarven Plate mesh, might be related)

Ok, looks like this might be it. From what I can tell taking off Vance's Royal Armor solves the issue. I've also confirmed that equipping Royal Armor on a dwarf causes the crash in a fresh game. So I recommend going to your last good save and trying to pick up from there - if there's still issues let me know.
(the issue doesn't occur with normal fullplate armor)

Last edited:

SwingBlade

Educated
Yes, 20 will always succeed and 1 will always fail for saving throws. It's possible the roll history parser doesn't account for that though.

Okay, I've been a bit fuzzy on 20s outside of combat rolls, since I know things like skill checks aren't auto-success at a 20. I knew something was amiss either way though.

DnDPaladin

Novice
DeuxHero, animated dead as always worked this way. people who play at the table always homebrew their own spells because of two reasons. the first being they really grasp the mechanics and deals away with it for flavor. making balance becomes literally out balanced. 2 because they preffer to feel god like and just want to go thru every content with the same ease they get out of a heated up butter knife !

its like the druid, they should never be allowed to transform if they ave never seen the same creatures first. yet everybody just look at the monster manual and wild shape as they will it into any monsters as if they had universal knowledge about everything ! same with companions.

SwingBlade

Educated
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to 'rebuild' my save by starting a new game, using console to re-set the appropriate quest progress markers, and re-level my duders? Or I guess that would still leave ALL THE THINGS alive to have to murder. Gosh that would suck though...

SwingBlade

Educated

SwingBlade

Educated

He is the most common to have had the graphical hang that I mentioned in a previous report, though I had enough doubt that it was only him that I didn't mention it. Maybe it's a party-head issue?

SwingBlade

Educated

I'm not sure, but I see that equipping/unequipping Vance's robes / cloak often triggers this in the 'restored save' I sent. Will have to investigate further.

Bless you. I've been going through withdrawals, had just caught my restored save up to where it was before when, of course, it's getting too difficult to get a load through (though it does seem to happen more often than the last time I got to this point with this party).

deuxhero

Arcane
DeuxHero, animated dead as always worked this way.

I know. The evil playthrough was before Temple +

Unless you are saying it's accurate to the 3.5 rules, which it isn't. I forget if ToEE's animate dead only worked on humans or produced undead out of nowhere, but neither is accurate. Zombies could be acomplished for all other legal creatures artwise by greyscaling their textures, though skeletons are a bit of a pain.

SwingBlade

Educated

Ok, looks like this might be it. From what I can tell taking off Vance's Royal Armor solves the issue. I've also confirmed that equipping Royal Armor on a dwarf causes the crash in a fresh game. So I recommend going to your last good save and trying to pick up from there - if there's still issues let me know.

I got the save to load, dropped the royal armor in a house in Nulb, and things seem to be loading up with no issues. Does the issue also exist with Dwarven plate, or should I just stick with full plate to be sure?

Sitra Achara

Arcane

I got the save to load, dropped the royal armor in a house in Nulb, and things seem to be loading up with no issues. Does the issue also exist with Dwarven plate, or should I just stick with full plate to be sure?

Great to hear!
As far as I can tell Dwarven Plate is safe.

BTW, regarding the "stretching pixel" issue, was it Vance that had this issue perchance?

SwingBlade

Educated
This is probably karma for murdering Thrommel, looting him, then using Raise Dead to bring him back so I could still get the reward. He cursed his armor, damn vampire.

My neutral theurge cast Phantasmal Killer on Hedrack. Game said, "Unaffected due to (Protection from Good)". Huh?

Edit: Maybe the game counts him as good because I chose to channel positive energy?
Your alignment doesn't enter into the equation, but Protection from <alignment> in ToEE is set to ward you from Mind-Affecting spells. I guess you found the one case of a Mind-Affecting spell it shouldn't ward :P

Last edited by a moderator:

SwingBlade

Educated
My neutral theurge cast Phantasmal Killer on Hedrack. Game said, "Unaffected due to (Protection from Good)". Huh?

Edit: Maybe the game counts him as good because I chose to channel positive energy?

Fixed for v1.0.30

Mathalor

Educated
I've noticed two oddities after installing temple+

1. Creating a new game seems to disable using the arrows to move the screen around (windowed mode win 7 64 bit). Quitting and loading the game seems to fix this.
Fixed for 1.0.25

2. A failed concentration check didn't cost me a spell. I had a level 2 party and sent them to Dekklo grove for the first time. My druid failed her concentration check when attempting to cast entangle while webbed. Next round, she still had the spell available. I've also had failed concentration checks due to incoming damage, and failed cast defensively checks, and with my cleric, which did not cost me a spell.
Fixed for 1.0.25

I'm sure these weren't present when I was using just the Co8 modpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom