Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple+ Support

Discussion in 'ToEE Modding' started by Sitra Achara, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sitra Acharagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Click here and disable ads!

Instructions
    1. Download & Run the setup
      From the link above, get TemplePlusSetup.exe and run it.
      This installs Temple+ and the Configuration utility, including Start Menu shortcuts.

Once the installation finishes, it will automatically run the Configuration utility. Select your ToEE folder and make sure there's a green check sign next to the DLL version, and that the DLL version is indeed correct (Patch 2, GoG or Co8 depending on what you chose).

tpconf.png
    2. For Co8 users:

Temple+ is compatible with Co8 8.1.0 (NC & Standard).

However you should NOT use the Co8 Front-End except to activate the Co8 modpack once (if you haven't already). i.e. you should only use the Front End to deploy the Co8 files and not run the game, since it will run toee.exe and not templeplus.exe.

3. Running the game:
      When installing for the first time, just click "Launch" in the Temple+ Configuration utility.

Afterwards, you should just run it from your start menu.

Reporting Issues
    Supplement the description of your issue with the following information to facilitate a swift resolution of your problem!

Please send files to templeplushelp@gmail.com or upload them to a file-hosting service such as wikisend.com.

Sending savegames:
    The files are located in your ToEE folder, under modules\ToEE\Save\.
    Make sure to include all the relevant files! Example:
    Code:
    slot0002[save name].gsi (where [save name] is replaced with the name of your save game)
    slot0002.co8
    slot0002.tfaf
    slot0002.tfai
    slot0002l.jpg
    slot0002s.jpg

Click here for detailed instructions:
    Show Spoiler

1. Describe your configuration
      what Temple+ build are you using? Are you using the Co8 modpack, GoG version, or something else?

2. Post the log file
      Temple+ generates a log file whenever you run the game.

The file is located at:
      C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\TemplePlus

Where <USERNAME> is your Windows username.

Make a copy of the log file immediately after an issue occurs!

Otherwise, if you start the game again after the problem has occurred, it will overwrite the log file and then it will be of no use to us.

3. Reproduction steps
      How did the bug happen? What actions did you take before? Were you doing anything out of the ordinary?

4. Crash Dump File
      If the game crashes, it will create a dump file and a popup message containing the file name. Please upload this file. It is also critical to upload the log or at least inform us which version you are using in this case!

5. Attach a save game demonstrating the problem
      This is usually really helpful and saves us precious time in trying to reproduce the bug, especially when it's a bug that occurs under very specific circumstances. See Instructions For Uploading a Save.

6. Attaching files
      If you are a new user here, you will need to upload to an outside service (such as Wikisend.com). Veteran users can just attach it to their post.

Supported Configurations
    Temple+ aims to support the following ToEE versions:
    • Original CD-ROM version with Patch 2 applied
    • GoG version (which uses the Moebius DLL so it is probably equivalent to Co8 3.0.4)
    • Co8 8.1 (Standard & NC)
    However, it should be noted that most of the testing has been conducted with the Co8 mod. Personally I recommend it because it also fixes a lot of bugs, and the Standard edition is reasonably free of new fanmade content if that bothers you.

You can safely load and continue playing savegames made without Temple+. The opposite is not true.

Supported operating systems
    • Win 7 or newer.
      Win XP is not supported and will not work.
    • Linux with Wine might work ;)
      For Wine users: If the installer does not work for you, try downloading the release directly from here. See this thread for more instructions.
    Hardware requirements
    We're not sure of the exact minimum, but your GPU should at least support Pixel Shader 3.0. This is not a guarantee however, as some users reported being unable to run with NVidia GT9600m and GTS 250.
    If yours does not, you can try using an older version of Temple.

Supporterd Resolutions
    Up to 1920x1200 has been confirmed ok.
    4K resolution will cause the game to crash.
    Resolutions in between have not been tested yet.

Updates
    The game checks for updates while in the main menu. It will automatically download & install them in the background.

You then have to restart your game for it to take effect.

upload_2016-4-4_6-59-25.png

Common Issues & Solutions

Crash on Startup

• Make sure your DirectX installation is up to date. (Temple+ uses DX 11.1)
      DirectX download: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

• Do you have an integrated GPU?
      If so, try turning off Anti Aliasing in the Configuration utility.

Also, please make sure your GPU at least supports pixel shader 3.0. Some older or budget GPUs do not.
      You can download an older version of Temple+ if that is the case. Make sure to disable automatic updates.

• If the game crashes on startup during the loading phase, after the "loading bar" is full, try launching the game as an administrator.

• If you've created a shortcut to the Temple+ app manually, make sure it is up to date (e.g. that it is not obsolete due to an update).
    Update your Anti-virus definitions
    Game doesn't get updated
    • Are you using the file you downloaded - TemplePlusSetup.exe - to run the game each time? If so, don't do that! You only need to run that once. Afterwards, use the shortcut from the main menu instead.
    Can't find the Start Menu shortcut
    • The installation creates a "Temple+" folder in your Start Menu. Look carefully :)
      If you still can't find it, open up a folder, and type into the bar:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Temple+

The shortcut should be there, and you can copy it to your desktop.
    Game hangs on startup
    • Try disabling automatic updates in the configurations.

Known Issues

See issue tracker. And this thread of course :)

Additional Stuff

Some helpful testing utilities:
    Show Spoiler

Code:
    from t import *
    Loads up the test module I've written. Contains various useful functions such as:
    Code:
    kuf() - kills unfriendlies nearby (this includes innocent bystanders however, so be careful!)
    fnn() - creates a list of nearby critters along with their name IDs and other info
    fnn('NPCNAME') - gets a handle on an npc whose name contains 'NPCNAME'. E.g. fnn('tolub') will get a handle on Tolub if you're in the Nulb tavern.
    quickstart(N) - shortcut for getting up to certain stage in the game, where N is between 0-6. Sets up some useful things like green tent in the Welcome Wench, gives you some equipment, etc.
    uberize() - uberizes your party. Variants include uberizeminor() and uberizemajor().
    t() - sends your party to Hommlet, uberizes them and gives them kickass gear.
    It also speeds up your running speed according to speedup.ini.

Testing Archive

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Thanks for testing!

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  2. Heinous Hatgender: ⚧ Learned

Heinous Hat
    Parrots:
    Just looked at v665 and the lighting seems fixed.

Hair is also affected in model view... detached lower portion (ponytails) sticking out the ass etc. Also, static clothing (like the black longcoat), not just animated cloth.

upload_2016-6-18_19-27-16.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Heinous Hatgender: ⚧ Learned

Heinous Hat
    Parrots:
    Whoops, my bad. The coats are animated, so maybe it is just cloth/hair or whatever else actually moves.

^ Top  
  4. Banichigender: ⚧ Novice

Banichi
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  5. g0ld0gender: ⚧ Novice

g0ld0
    Parrots:
    Alright. Using 1.021 tonight with my 15th lvl cleric having got quicken spell.
    Problems are:
    1- Quicken Divine Power does not register as an 8th lvl slot
    but
    2- Quicken Righteous Might does (when it's not supposed to, using a 9th lvl slot.)

^ Top  
  6. Sitra Acharagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Parrots:
    Thanks, just checked and it looks like it's a glitch with updating the visuals when adding a spell to the highest level - when I reopen the inventory the spells appear in the correct slot.

Is that when you're in combat and clicking on the close window button? If so that's a known bug (a bit annoying but harmless). If not please submit the necessary files (see first post).

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Possible to add v-sync somehow? Too high fps ingame.

^ Top  
  8. Knightlygender: ⚧ Literate

Knightly
    Parrots:
    I got a bug that causes CTD. It might be related to Temple + but as I didn't use spell in question earlier that might be an old bug.

Whenever I use spike growth on Juggernaut room of Water Temple, gargoyles flying to the edge causes a game crush. Spell works normal in other places or gargoyles... like that Were-jackal room.

Also has that flashing white lights around my characters head which couldn't be fixed by Jarroo. I don't even remember which spell caused that. As it effects several characters probably an AoE spell. My usual team ones; Bless, Prayer or Haste doesn't have similar aura so assuming something some enemy used down the road.

^ Top  
  9. Sitra Acharagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Parrots:
    Can you send a savegame for the flashing lights issue?

Spike Growth is notoriously buggy, but I can look into it. Where do you cast it exactly? In the back of the room?

^ Top  
  10. Knightlygender: ⚧ Literate

Knightly
    Parrots:
    Sure will try to upload a save.

Form east enterance to the room. Across the where Juggernaut orignally stands. It was covering area up to the one of the side rooms corner iirc... not covering the hall leading down. It was only gargoyles tho. Bugbears or Juggernaut moved normaly... hmm they didn't take damage I think. Let me check if I have a save before that fight. So I can send you a screenshot as well.

^ Top  
  11. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Resolution
    I set the game's resolution to 1280x1024. The x32 was found in-game.

CMA&A
    I'm using 1.0.29. In the Craft Arms & Armor window, I don't see the Thundering, Seeking, nor Wounding properties. (EDIT: Reopening the CMA&A window made the full list appear!)

I heard Twlight (armor/shield mod for -10% ASF) would be included. What's the status on that?

Craft Wondrous
    In the Craft Wondrous window, the Monk's belt has a (null) first prerequistie. This may be due to my using lax rules. This seems wrong though.

Alt Tabbing out of Temple+
    UPDATE: I think my Win7 machine sees T+ as running and therefore locks the mouse-accessible resolution to the game's. Pushing Windows+D removes the problem until I alt-tab out of T+.

Alt-Tabbing out of T+ Again
    The problem (not being able to access my screen's full resolution with alt-tabbed) may be due to having T+ run at a smaller resolution than my computer's current resolution. Having changed T+'s resolution, THIS SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM!
    Fixed 1.0.43

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
    ^ Top  
  12. damricgender: ⚧ Barely Literate

damric
    Parrots:
    My Lamia summoned from figurine has somehow permanently charmed a human temple guard. The guy is invisible and does nothing. How can I remove him?

^ Top  
  13. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    When assigning hotkeys using control+KEY, if I'm about to assign a key that's already assigned, the message still says, 'KEY is assigned to "".' The key assignment properly changes if assigned.

^ Top  
  14. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Dumb Assassins and PrC Casters Miss Out On Spells
    I'm allowed to enter Assassin as a character with less than 11 INT. (Maybe it's lax rules.) Doing so means things work as normal until the Spells area. He can learn no spells that level.

However, if the character gains INT so he would be able to cast spells of the appropriate level, his spell picks are not retroactive. Thus, if a character goes Assassin2 with 10 INT then Assassin3 with 14 INT, he gets 2 spell picks of level 2, but never learns the level 1 spells he would have gained from Assassin1 & 2.

^ Top  
  15. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    What Spell(craft) is this?
    The Spellcraft spell seems to have stopped identifying spells enemy casters are casting. (The characters meant to identify these spells are trained - they have ranks and max INT.) Perhaps it's because I relied on Burne (NPC companion) with his Spellcraft skill, but even with a PC with a console-adjusted 100 INT, we couldn't ID any spells enemies were casting.

This was on Temple4 near Hedrack, but other places (mostly in the ToEE) produced the same results.

I could understand if casters cast spells clearly out of line of sight. We were standing right next to the caster and couldn't ID anything!

^ Top  
  16. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Transparent NPCs, Hidden Alignment
    Transparent NPCs still doesn't reveal NPC companion alignments. For example, Burne's Lawful Goodness is not displayed in his inventory screen like a player character's alignment would be.

^ Top  
  17. Mathalorgender: ⚧ Novice

Mathalor
    Parrots:
    I remember this working properly in vanilla, but it's been months since I played this game without temple plus, so if I'm wrong, I apologize for posting in the wrong area.

weapon finesse should replace the strength modifier with dex, not add to it. my lvl 3 halfling rogue has 6 strength and 20 dex, and this bug is penalizing her attack modifier, with daggers, by 2.

On a side note, if this stays in, I could pick up weapon finesse with my warrior, who has both high strength and high dex.

Edit: after poking around, I decided it might just be a typo on my character sheet, and tested it in combat. I still got the -2 strength penalty, but I also got a misterious +2 modifier from my perfectly visible wolf target being "not visibile." Was this to offset a strength penalty, or something else?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    ^ Top  
  18. Mathalorgender: ⚧ Novice

Mathalor
    Parrots:
    Nevermind about the invis modifier. I don't know why that showed up, but it hasn't showed up again in any of my other fights.

Also, I tested it on my warrior (strength 19 dex 17) when he hit level 4, picked up weapon finesse, attacked a lacedon with his spiked chain, no bonus (good).

So I guess this is only for strength penalties. I'm positive it's supposed to bypass the str penalty to hit, and pretty sure it did in co8 without temple+.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    ^ Top  
  19. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Spell Slots but No Spells Pickable (AKA "ToEE only counts base ability scores to determine what spell levels a character can cast")
    It's possible for a character to gain Blackguard levels (and levels in any casting base class or PrC with its own spell list) and never be able to pick any spells to cast (either at all or of a certain level), even though the character has enough of its relevant mental stat to cast spells via temporary means (like fox's cunning or a Headband of INT). This is not RAW. Even temporary bonuses to stats allow a caster higher spell DCs and more spell slots!

If a character has too low of a mental stat to gain spells from a divine spell list (that is, one that grants every spell known to its user of any spell level the user can cast), then gaining another level in this class after gaining the minimum ability score grants the spells known. (Leveling in another class may also work this way. Haven't checked.)

For example, if a Blackguard becomes a Blackguard with 10 base WIS and levels to Blackguard3, he gains no spells known but has spell slots from class. If his base WIS increases to 11 and he gains another Blackguard level, he retroactively gains spell knowledge and castability of all his level 1 Blackguard spells.

^ Top  
  20. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    PrC Spell Lists Not Mentioned in Full Spell Descriptions
    D&D 3.5 normally didn't list what PrCs knew/could learn what spells until Spell Compendium or thereabouts. For example, death knell's full description should include:

Blackguard 2, Cleric 2, Domain: Death 2

^ Top  
  21. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Burne's Wand of Magic Missile
    This wand was made under the old system, pre-caster level setting. It'd be more convenient to replace his "Wand of Magic Missile, 5 Missiles" with a CL9 Wand of magic missile. This has 2 main impacts:

-The sell value is corrected. (It currently sells for about 3700G when it should sell for about 6700G.)

-It starts with 50 charges instead of 20.

^ Top  
  22. Gordgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gord
    Parrots:
    I've picked up an older ToEE game again and currently fail horribly at fighting the Balor.
    Anyway, I've noticed something strange, which might as well be an vanilla bug:

So most of my party is afraid (and Remove Fear does nothing), my main tank - a dwarf - at some point even got charmed (spell resistance ever only works for the enemy) and charmed back (not sure if important).
    He's afraid as well, so he's running away like the coward he is - as far as possible. Two other afraid characters only run to some certain distance, their action bar still being in the green when they stop - so I should be able to perform some action, right?
    Yet, when I try to bring up ther radial menu (by right-clicking), I get the dwarf's menu instead, even though it's not currently his round to go - the initiative bar on top still has the other hero selected.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    ^ Top  
  23. Sitra Acharagender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Parrots:
    Sure, added for next version.
    I take it you would still want access to the window bar? (the minimaze/maximize/close buttons)

Yeah apparently there's some problem with updating the mouse position in that situation. Looking into it. (you may be able to get around it for now by moving the mouse slowly)

Can you send a save at the start of combat with the Balor?

^ Top  
  24. Gordgender: ⚧ Arcane

Gord
    Parrots:
    Send you a pm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Endariregender: ⚧ Educated

Endarire
    Parrots:
    Beads of Karma
    1: The Beads of Karma on-use effect says, "Magic Weapon Karmic Prayer." Should the this simply be "Karmic Prayer?"

2: Should the Beads of Karma (and, by extension, all prayer beads) require wearing to activate? It seems painful to have this item require the only slot that divine casters can use to get +WIS. Needing to choose between +6 WIS (for extra spell slots) and +4 CL 1/day felt mean and disappointing once I learned that's how the item was coded. I've always played assuming prayer beads need not be worn to be activated.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)