Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Temple+ Engine Enhancement and Bugfix Mod for The Temple of Elemental Evil Released

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Too bad they can't fix the biggest problem of ToEE, the story/writing/map/encounter design itself.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hey, I'd also love to work on backgrounds for a mod. Unfortunately I lack the imagination, skill and the motivation to learn how to actually make a mod, but I think I have enough 3D experience to do decent pre-rerendered backgrounds.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
No idea, been sitting there for...hmm, since CoE 8.1ish release or something. I'll probably do another complete reinstall later on to try it out on fresh one.

As a quick update because why not.

Avast HATES both the setup and the config .exes, hates them so much it just blocks them completely (and I mean completely) without saying anything to anyone anywhere from what I could see. Really weird.

Disabling of course let's both go through (though I don't quite like that).

As a note, the new tweaked pathfinding is fucking AWESOME. Great work!

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Hey,

Yea as I told Sitra, just got the new definition at 21:10 (edit: duh, that's GMT+1 but anyway) and runs through it fine now.
I rechecked TemplePlusSetup too btw and they added it as well.

All good, now excuse me while I pathfind my party back and forth from the church to the castle in one click for hours and laugh maniacally...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Man, thanks for the T+, definitely will replay it with it.
I have one question though - I played with Co8 and reached that new city after beating Zuggy.
Do I need to start new game or can continue with it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have one question though - I played with Co8 and reached that new city after beating Zuggy.

You can continue your game. T+ is compatible with old saves (but not the opposite). This allows us to debug old saves that couldn't be solved back then.

Remember to brofist Sitra and not Infinitron.
Don't forget Pug :)

J1M

Arcane
How far is this project from being able to create new adventures? It was a shame the engine was only used for one game.

deuxhero

Arcane
Atari's corpse can't die fast enough. Hopefully whoever buys the publisher rights after their true death has the brains to realize a source release is literally just a few thousand sales for no effort or cost on their part.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist

You can continue your game. T+ is compatible with old saves (but not the opposite). This allows us to debug old saves that couldn't be solved back then.

:)

That's great ! Thank you (and Pug) very much ! It gives new motivation to visit the nodes !

sstacks

Arcane

Remember to brofist Sitra and not Infinitron.
Don't forget Pug :)

Very, very cool. I am about 1/2 through with Co8 and will move over to T+ if this is the case.

sstacks

Arcane
Nicely done, great news.

Despite it's flaws, I have always respected the ambition that went into recreating D&D 3E in ToEE, especially the combat.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
This site is now the real vanguard of ToEE modding. Droves of former Co8 modders will flock here and take residence under the benevolent supervision of Sitra Achara and Pugmeister.
Just another proof that the RPG Codex is the best site on the Internet.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Atari's corpse can't die fast enough. Hopefully whoever buys the publisher rights after their true death has the brains to realize a source release is literally just a few thousand sales for no effort or cost on their part.

Somebody else will buy the naming rights to Atari and so on. Afaik this was Infogrames who got themselves someone elses name.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think Atari has had anything to do with this game for a long time. It's just Hasbro now.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Fargo should buy the TOEE engine and release a couple games based on it. Still the best isometric combat after all these years.

Hegel

Arcane
Toee runs on the same engine of Arcanum. Didn't know that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yep, it's a modified version. If you dig into the files of the game you can find scripts and even graphics from Arcanum forgotten there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom