Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Telepath Tactics Liberated - deterministic tactical RPG inspired by Fire Emblem

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Damn Craig, stop overworking and start putting those profits towards the good life. Habaneros are legal in US now.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New patch out! We're at version 1.029 now. Lots of bug fixes, a new multiplayer map, and lots of little quality of life improvements: http://sinisterdesign.net/telepath-tactics-v-1-029-patch/

- made it so the “Instant” walk speed is now actually instantaneous; characters now immediately blip to their ultimate destination when they go to move on that setting (though crucially, they will still get stopped and trigger traps if they try to move over them).

That should help enormously with the bigger battles.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I just downloaded the demo... excited to give it a try!

I hope the game is selling well. I've always wondered why there aren't more games like Fire Emblem and FFT... both are fun and successful yet you don't see any devs making that type of game anymore.

Mustawd

New patch out! We're at version 1.029 now. Lots of bug fixes, a new multiplayer map, and lots of little quality of life improvements: http://sinisterdesign.net/telepath-tactics-v-1-029-patch/

- made it so the “Instant” walk speed is now actually instantaneous; characters now immediately blip to their ultimate destination when they go to move on that setting (though crucially, they will still get stopped and trigger traps if they try to move over them).

That should help enormously with the bigger battles.

In my opinion it does. I personally like to see the walking animations, but I'll take practicality over aesthetics when it comes to the large maps.

Where do I download the 1.029 Patch? I have the 1.028 version of the game from GOG. However, I do not see any patches offered on the GOG downloader.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
GOG received the files days ago--they're just slow. I'd make them available myself, but that's not how GOG works, unfortunately.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
New patch! Version 1.03 includes bug fixes, balance tweaks, and--drum roll, please--big performance improvements for longer/larger battles. (I'm particularly glad of that last point--the game hasn't run this smoothly in at least a year.)

Once I'm satisfied that I've killed the inventory-swapping bug for good, I'll be doing a renewed press push to get more eyes on the game and hopefully drive some sales.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Craig Stern BUG!! I was replaying the
bar room fight against the thieves who took the map and had killed everyone except for the last guy by the cellar entrance. He came after my party after I pulled the lever to open the door.
I peppered him with arrows including the poison bolt so when his next turn came he died without him getting a turn in. When he died the game cursor stayed on the hour glass and wouldn't let my next round of movement start nor give me a "Victory" screen. It didn't freeze the game as I could use F1 to quit (eventually) and could drag the screen around but my next turn never started.

Man, it stinks to think I have to replay it again... especially since GOG still hasn't updated the game so I can get instant enemy movement!!

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Craig Stern BUG!! I was replaying the
bar room fight against the thieves who took the map and had killed everyone except for the last guy by the cellar entrance. He came after my party after I pulled the lever to open the door.
I peppered him with arrows including the poison bolt so when his next turn came he died without him getting a turn in. When he died the game cursor stayed on the hour glass and wouldn't let my next round of movement start nor give me a "Victory" screen. It didn't freeze the game as I could use F1 to quit (eventually) and could drag the screen around but my next turn never started.

Man, it stinks to think I have to replay it again... especially since GOG still hasn't updated the game so I can get instant enemy movement!!

Hey! That's actually a bug that I fixed in version 1.03--second from the top. (It's the same thing, code-wise, as when an enemy dies from burning.) I actually asked the GOG guys to try to get 1.03 up before the end of the day, but unfortunately, I can't, like, make them post game updates in a timely manner. :S

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Craig Stern Didn't even see the 1.03 patch so I'm glad it's fixed! :thumbsup: I've actually gone farther into the game but went back to that fight as I kept wondering what the heck that lever did! Was slightly dissapointed that I didn't unlock some secret treasure stash and that it
only opened the cellar door.

Didn't think the reward (combat experience) to cost of equipment use was worth it especially with all that's awaiting me in the next battle.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Oooh; I really like the idea of having the lever produce a treasure chest with some sweet loot in it. Maybe I'll add that in!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I’m just scratching the surface here. There are a number of critics out there doing really interesting work exploring the politics of video games. Suffice it to say I would be delighted to see some of them critique Telepath Tactics.

Fishing for an Anita retweet there? ;) Hint: You probably care more about the portrayal of women in games than she does. She might prove me wrong, but your considerations regarding that subject are more thought out and profound than the stuff she does.

Zetor

Arcane
Unfortunately the slowdown still seems to be there in some situations -- I started a new game to make sure I got the New And Improved Experience™, and did the battle royale in front of the bandit fort by killing everyone except the optional uberboss (almost 40 kills and over 1k damage in the end). Everything (animations, rain vfx, even the mouse cursor sometimes) slowed down to a crawl after all the enemies were on the screen. It was manageable (I alt-tabbed out during enemy turns), but I think the fight took over 2 and a half hours...

I haven't encountered slowdowns in other big fights though (like the bandit camp), so maybe it's just a vfx-related thing?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
I haven't encountered slowdowns in other big fights though (like the bandit camp), so maybe it's just a vfx-related thing?

Hmmmm. I wonder if it's the weather effects? I'll look into it when i get back into town from Power of Play next week!

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Yep, the slowdown is still there in 1.03, for example in the "Rescuing Sarn Kamina" mission, which doesn't have weather effects. It's fine at the start of the mission but gets progressively worse, eventually slowing to a crawl.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
There are still some bugs in the inventory management.
Sometimes items get spontaneously unequipped - I equip them and some time later I notice they aren't equipped anymore.
Sometimes clicking "Equip" in the item menu doesn't equip an item, but bugs the UI instead - the other options disappear from the menu and only "Equip" remains (like on the screenshot), but still doesn't work.

Telepath Tactics 2015-05-15 18-47-53-74.png
The log.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom