Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Technomancer - action-RPG by Spiders (Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame)

Villagkouras

Arcane
I just played the tutorial and if I didn't have to wake up early, I'd gladly continue. How the fuck did the IGN reviewer find combat difficult? I wonder if he had the same issues with the Witcher games because it feels exactly like them, it just hasn't rolling and here it's much more responsive.

Also, I'm playing with medium to high settings with my 260X and I have no problems at all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I think they screwed up the keybinds in the launch day patch. Pre-release, every interaction was bound to one of four keys; loot was E, kill was R, change party member was T, etc. Now, every action defaults to E unless another action is available. Sounds good at first, until you realise that trying to loot an unconscious human with no loot now kills them. Trying to keep positive karma is far more annoying now.

Lhynn

Arcane
I think they screwed up the keybinds in the launch day patch. Pre-release, every interaction was bound to one of four keys; loot was E, kill was R, change party member was T, etc. Now, every action defaults to E unless another action is available. Sounds good at first, until you realise that trying to loot an unconscious human with no loot now kills them.
Streamlining at its finest.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I wanted to try this game but now I'm gonna wait for a patch, I guess.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The game is full of negative Steam reviews from people complaining about terrible, impossibly difficult combat, which I still can't really understand. Meanwhile, I'm 20 hours in and still holding out for my first hard, proper consequence. I think this may ultimately turn out to be a solid, but unpolished story game with lots of cosmetic c&c, a strong commitment to multiple quest solutions (even if it's just along the spare/persuade/arrest/bribe/take bribe/kill spectrum) and a high dialogue-to-combat ratio.

If I hadn't played AoD, I'd probably feel even more positively about this game; but alas...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Yes, and I think you could infinitely grind the respawns too, though the combat is too easy to justify that.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Did not happen in long time but I simply cannot play this game because of controls. Everything is weird: walking, running, fighting.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Well, they did promise an open world, which in contemporary gaming landscape defaults to Skyrim. +M
I haven't played it, obviously, it was just a feeling I had from the screenies/trailers.

It looks like the game is about as "open world" as Icewind Dale, except with a bit more flexibility. You can only leave your home city once you meet certain conditions, and you can only travel to a modest range of relatively small locations on your worldmap.

Last edited:

poetic codex

Augur
Did Cyanide work on this game too? Those different stances are kinda similar to how Game of thrones RPG classes worked.

Cyanide and Spiders have worked together in the past and they both are published by Focus Home interactive. It's no surprise that the games share similarities. Game of Thrones, Of Orcs and Men, Mars War Logs, Bound By Flame, and Technomancer all share a similar combat system. But the skills and powers between the games are quite different from each other.

As if I needed even more reason to hate IGN. They unfairly bashed the game and the main complaint was that the combat was too challenging :roll:. Games like this from middle market publishers (as opposed to AAA or indie) will eventually die out if sites like IGN keep pulling crap like that. I don't know if I want to live in a world where my only options are indie or AAA. I personally liked Mars War Logs, despite its shortcomings.. It had great atmosphere and there's something compelling about the Mars landscape that always gets me. Technomancer seems to have built upon that, with better graphics and combat.

Last edited:

Xeon

Augur
IIRC everyone also bashed Bound by Flames for having terrible combat saying something like a cheap Dark Soul knockoff or something. TB made a video I think as well complaining about the combat.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IIRC everyone also bashed Bound by Flames for having terrible combat saying something like a cheap Dark Soul knockoff or something. TB made a video I think as well complaining about the combat.
It's nothing like Dark Souls what the fuck are these lot smoking. There isn't even a stamina bar. Wtf men.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I find it really sad that many people only play games that have a high rating on those shitty sites. Anything with a low rating on IGN is automatically considered shit by them, they consider the word of a retard reviewer that probably doesn't know shit about videogames the word of god.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's nothing like Dark Souls what the fuck are these lot smoking. There isn't even a stamina bar. Wtf men.

The combat is bad. Like really bad. But this should not be a surprise.

Bottom line: The game doesn't deserve the full price.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Pirated this shit, played most of the afternoon... It's shit...

I mean, how can you guys be half defending this? The writing, the graphics, the voice overs, the combat, the respawning enemies, the fact that in this piece of shit sci-fi setting people still prefer to use sticks and shields instead of shooting each other in the face.

It makes no fucking sense that shooting your gun is a side ability while enemies destroy you with machine guns that you can't even loot from their corpses.

Goddamn this game is horrible.

jungl

Augur
Games okay karma system is dumb though can't kill human trash without being a bad person apparently.

Lambach

Arcane
Pirated this shit, played most of the afternoon... It's shit...

I mean, how can you guys be half defending this? The writing, the graphics, the voice overs, the combat, the respawning enemies, the fact that in this piece of shit sci-fi setting people still prefer to use sticks and shields instead of shooting each other in the face.

It makes no fucking sense that shooting your gun is a side ability while enemies destroy you with machine guns that you can't even loot from their corpses.

Goddamn this game is horrible.

I actually had fun with Mars: War Logs and even beat it once. If this is an improvement, I'll sure as shit play it.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really wish the game consistently keeps Q button for taking serum and E for searching bodies, I was spamming E at the unconscious bodies to loot them then stumbled across one that doesn't have anything to loot, bam, - karma :(

ArchAngel

Arcane
The game is full of negative Steam reviews from people complaining about terrible, impossibly difficult combat, which I still can't really understand. Meanwhile, I'm 20 hours in and still holding out for my first hard, proper consequence. I think this may ultimately turn out to be a solid, but unpolished story game with lots of cosmetic c&c, a strong commitment to multiple quest solutions (even if it's just along the spare/persuade/arrest/bribe/take bribe/kill spectrum) and a high dialogue-to-combat ratio.

If I hadn't played AoD, I'd probably feel even more positively about this game; but alas...
Maybe you should turn off Story Mode? :happytrollboy:

PirateScum

Augur
Killing a smuggler, who promises hobos an opportunity for a better life, only to blackmail said hobos into stealing for him or turn them to the authorities as rebels to the regime, failing that cut off one of their hands and send them off begging.
Even in the 'real world' should such a feat grant one good karma... especially if you finish him off with a serum extractor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom