Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Technomancer - action-RPG by Spiders (Mars War Logs, Bound by Flame)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Looks like a polished version of E3 demo.

Lhynn

Arcane
These guys have taken the phrase "stick to what you know" and elevated it to a fucking creed.

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
One of the reasons why they don't seem to be moving forward much at all with what they do.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/116571-the-technomancer-creature-screenshots.html

The Technomancer, Spiders' new sci-fi RPG, offers a rich and varied bestiary, that you will come across and confront in combat during your journey on Mars. In this new series of screenshots, discover a few of these strange creatures conceived and brought to life by the talented teams at Spiders studios.

Although Mars’ red surface is naturally barren and completely devoid of life, hundreds of years of human civilization has led to the creation and evolution of many hybrid species built from the genetic makeup of animals found on Earth. What was first an exercise to create an ecosystem to support the original settlers eventually grew out of control, following the cataclysm that wiped most settlers and isolated Mars from Earth. Mutations and accelerated evolution forged what little life there was into threatening beasts scattered all over the red planet.

While originally bred as domestic animals, the harsh living conditions on Mars led these creatures to develop effective defense mechanisms - poison, camouflage, brute force... The longer Mars is cut off from Earth, the more dangerous Mars’ new wildlife grows. They will aggressively defend their territory should you trespass it.

Today's screenshots show a few of these creatures. Mastery of The Technomancer’s visceral combat styles and electrical powers should help you survive the bizarre hybrid species of Mars!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Technomancer's new trailer takes you across the wastelands and cities of Mars

Experience the distinctive, sci-fi world of Spiders’ epic RPG, The Technomancer. The game takes place on a dystopian Mars, hundreds of years after the first human colonies set foot on its red plains. Today’s trailer showcases a few of The Technomancer's unique environments and dangers. Pursued by a corrupt police force, you must journey across these deadly environments and beyond, chasing a secret that could alter Mars and its inhabitants forever.

The Technomancer takes place after a cataclysmic event that decimated the population and isolated the red planet from Earth. The pioneering optimism of the early colonies has long since vanished. In its place lies no man's lands, sprawling shanty towns, and broken cities governed by shadowy officials. The fractured settlements offer protection from the lethal radiations of the Sun, but they’re far from safe havens: desperate criminals and terrifying, mutated creatures lie in wait for the unprepared.

Your adventure on Mars begins summer 2016, available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know what they were thinking with that trailer. I think it's shit.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well looks like the game will be really close to Mars: War logs, even the movement looks similar.
Not sure what to make out of that, since I liked the idea and outline of Mars, but only had medium fun while playing it.
I mean, it's an ok game. But it could have been better.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well looks like the game will be really close to Mars: War logs, even the movement looks similar.
Not sure what to make out of that, since I liked the idea and outline of Mars, but only had medium fun while playing it.
I mean, it's an ok game. But it could have been better.

It's the same engine (their own Silk Engine).

Kron

Arcane
Who the hell still thinks that putting shit-tier commercial music in videogame trailers is a good decision?
Some sort of suit exec? Some fag developer that likes the music?
Shit that annoys me.

Game looks like shit also.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Mars Wars Logs and Bound by Flame were barely mediocre games plagued by terminal consolitis. If you think this one will be any better, I have one Blizzard for sale for you.

flyingjohn

Arcane
40 hours content seems unlikely considering how their previous games were way too short.(not even 15 hours with all side content)
If they can just offer a proper combat system(actually balanced styles and no hp sponges for enemies),the game might actually be good.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
40 hours content seems unlikely considering how their previous games were way too short.(not even 15 hours with all side content)
If they can just offer a proper combat system(actually balanced styles and no hp sponges for enemies),the game might actually be good.

The combat system is bad. It's the same shit from Mars WLs and Bound By Flame.

As for the length, based on their previous offerings, I hope is not 40 hours because that means 30+ hours of bad combat.

On the other hand, the game might not be completely retarded. Mars WLs had some good moments hidden under a sea of garbage. There were non-linear quests at some point but I'm no expert in the game.

I don't know. If they finish this game (cause Mars WLs was not) then maybe they will be able to offer something on the same level as Risen. Discount buy.

Martius

Liturgist
Yup, with bit balance whole experience would be more enjoyable. Specially last boss in Bound By Flame (at least there is way around it with setting up a lot of traps in one place).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Forge the destiny of Mars in this epic sci-fi RPG, available June 28 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The Technomancer, the sci-fi RPG set on Mars, releases on June 28 and will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. A few days ago the Gameplay Trailer unveiled deep RPG mechanics - character evolution, dynamic combat, crafting, equipment customization, multiple ways to solve quests - as well as a captivating story where all your choices will have a direct impact on the destiny of Mars.

Today, the Companions Trailer unveils how all these gameplay mechanics are enriched by the interactions and relationships you will create with the companions who will follow you in your journey through the Red Planet.

Each companion has his own story. Get to know them because some will join out of loyalty, others out of mere opportunity... or as a result of a chain of unfortunate events. When you are out there, exploring or fighting, you may select up to 2 companions in your party to come with you. Choose carefully, as they all have their own unique fighting styles that should complement your own, including special talents useful for utility, such as crafting, knowledge in science, or lockpicking. Picking one companion over another thus has a significant impact on the way you play The Technomancer, as well as there is an impact on the story you are living.

Your companions all have their agenda or preoccupations. They regularly ask you for help or for favors. Should you decide to accept their requests, you will trigger a special series of missions that let you learn more about their past. These quests follow their unique scenario that enriches the main story. Completing these side quests will add numerous hours of gameplay, and will improve your relationship with your companions...

Your companions level up alongside you. Each one gets his own inventory from where you can modify their gear at any time. Equip them with new weapons and armour that you can upgrade with your crafting talents. Make sure to provide them with the best equipment, you will drastically increase their survivability and lethality. And, you can also make sure they look appropriately badass as they run with you around the deadly place that is Mars.

Each of your companions has his/her own behavior, opinions, and moral code. If you act too much against their beliefs, they might get so upset that they would go so far as to leave your group. On the contrary, shine and prove worthy of their trust, and you'll nurture friendships... or even romances. All your decisions will have irreversible consequences on Mars and its inhabitants!

This is perfectly illustrated in today’s 3 minute-long Companions Trailer!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom