Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales Of ... series - Vesperia out on Steam

Hyperion

Arcane
http://www.play-asia.com/tales-of-berseria/13/709lu7

Picture says ESRB rating is Teen. That one scene may have lifted it to M, which is pathetic. I remember back when games could have every swear word besides fuck in it and get a K-A rating.

Also, why is the voice acting worse than it was in Abyss and Vesperia?

deuxhero

Arcane
Are you implying that this game is rated M in the US?

They don't mention the ESRB rating at all. I really doubt this one exact scene would have caused the ESRB and PEGI to give them a restricted rated and removing it made them both OK.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Seems the only way to avoid censorship and retarded translations these days is to go full weeb and learn Japanese.

There was a narrow window between the early 2000s and five or six years ago when English localizations stopped being Engrish and began to be high-quality, but weren't yet being censored and/or written by SJW fan fiction enthusiasts.

Damn shame.

Deleted member 7219

Seems the only way to avoid censorship and retarded translations these days is to go full weeb and learn Japanese.

There was a narrow window between the early 2000s and five or six years ago when English localizations stopped being Engrish and began to be high-quality, but weren't yet being censored and/or written by SJW fan fiction enthusiasts.

Damn shame.

The Trails series has been translated well.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
I've been meaning to get into the series, so I downloaded Tales of Maj'eyal since it's free, how is it compared to the rest of the series?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I've been meaning to get into the series, so I downloaded Tales of Maj'eyal since it's free, how is it compared to the rest of the series?

Code:
 /$$$$$$ /$$   /$$              /$$                                 /$$       /$$                                           /$$
|_  $$_/| $$  | $/             | $$                                | $$      | $$                                          | $$
  | $$ /$$$$$$|_//$$$$$$$      | $$$$$$$   /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$$  /$$$$$$$ /$$   /$$        /$$$$$$  /$$   /$$  /$$$$$$$
  | $$|_  $$_/  /$$_____/      | $$__  $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$| $$  | $$       /$$__  $$| $$  | $$ /$$__  $$
  | $$  | $$   |  $$$$$$       | $$  \ $$| $$  \__/| $$$$$$$$| $$  | $$| $$  | $$| $$  | $$      | $$  \ $$| $$  | $$| $$  | $$
  | $$  | $$ /$$\____  $$      | $$  | $$| $$      | $$_____/| $$  | $$| $$  | $$| $$  | $$      | $$  | $$| $$  | $$| $$  | $$
/$$$$$$|  $$$$//$$$$$$$/       | $$$$$$$/| $$      |  $$$$$$$|  $$$$$$$|  $$$$$$$|  $$$$$$$      |  $$$$$$$|  $$$$$$/|  $$$$$$$
|______/ \___/ |_______/       |_______/ |__/       \_______/ \_______/ \_______/ \____  $$       \____  $$ \______/  \_______/
                                                                                  /$$  | $$       /$$  \ $$                   
                                                                                 |  $$$$$$/      |  $$$$$$/                   
                                                                                  \______/        \______/

Gerrard

Arcane

Damn shame.
Nintendo shit has always been rewritten (and often censored) though, a lot of people seem to ignore/forget this.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Berseria's PC requirements, options, DRM: http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/details-about-the-pc-version-of-the-game/

Demo is coming tomorrow.

DETAILS ABOUT THE PC VERSION OF THE GAME

Dear Tales of fans,

We have had a lot of request to know more about the PC version of the game and what options it will offer. First and foremost, let’s recap the requirements for the game.

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz or AMD Phenom II X2 550, 3.1GHz
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce 9800 GTX or AMD Radeon HD 4850
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.2GHz
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 7870
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 15 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 11 compatible
The PC version of Tales of Berseria will offer a good number of settings to set up your experience comfortably depending on your computer and habits.

It will feature a full control panel, all the keys can be rebound in another settings screen:

11.30.2016-16.54.44.04.png
vlcsnap-2017-01-09-14h03m26s910.png

And also several pages of visual settings to customize, such as screen resolution, antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and other settings that can be lowered or augmented to suit your configuration.

Supported resolutions includes 4K, 1080p and even 800×600 in various ratios. However, please note that the 4K resolution is upscaled.

The antialiasing available are SMAA & FXAA, both available at different levels.

And yes, the game will run at 60fps by default, with the option to lower it to 30 fps for smaller configuration.

11.30.2016-17.27.06.01.png
11.30.2016-17.27.11.02.png

There is also a burning question asked by our fans that we want to answer. Will Tales of Berseria have Denuvo on STEAM? The answer is yes.

We love the community: it is you guys that ensure that we continually bring more Tales games out, and to a high caliber. It wouldn’t be fair to you if we didn’t put any systems in place to prevent people who try to acquire the game through illegitimate means as it eventually will slow us down bringing games onto PC. Denuvo has been proven to be a reliable way to fight piracy. So far, no conclusive evidence is proven to disrupt the player experience.

Tales of Berseria will have a demo available on January 10th for both STEAM and PS4 that will allow you to try the game for free before acquiring it. We hope you will enjoy it and join us for the release on January 27th!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Will Tales of Berseria have Denuvo on STEAM? The answer is yes.

We love the community: it is you guys that ensure that we continually bring more Tales games out, and to a high caliber. It wouldn’t be fair to you if we didn’t put any systems in place to prevent people who try to acquire the game through illegitimate means

Yes. Yes, that's surely the reason.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Next month i will be visiting shithole with almost non-existent internet. I wanted to grab Tales of and Disgaea 2 and finish them in free time, which will be plenty, but now i will wait for sale.
Ok, Denuvo, now it's personal.
:rpgcodex:

tet666

Augur
Considering how fast Zestiria was in the bargain bin i will just wait a bit, i won't ever buy a Derpnuvo game at full price.

jungl

Augur
Knowing how much filler and backtracking zesteria had to terrible design decisions. I can wait 6 months or never for berseria.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Denuvo is one thing, but what's really annoying is the censorship of that scene.

The US, Europe, and Oceania are sharing localized versions, and it's clear that the censorship is mainly due to super-oversensitive, censor-happy progressive shitholes who blame video games for inciting real violence, like Germany and Australia.

tet666

Augur
To be fair killing a Kid with a sword is probably problematic in the rest of EU/US as well and could influence the rating the game get's there as well (Killing Kids with ritual magic strangely seems to be ok though....)

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
A single scene that involves impaling a kid on a sword, in silhouette only, with context and in service to the game's story, and clearly portrayed as being a horrific event... yet still, it's censored.

I disagree. I think that the game would pass the ESRB with a T rating. The ludicrously over-sensitive censorship of Germany and Australia when it comes to video games, on the other hand, is a matter of hilarious public record.

tet666

Augur
A single scene that involves impaling a kid on a sword, in silhouette only, with context and in service to the game's story, and clearly portrayed as being a horrific event... yet still, it's censored.

I disagree. I think that the game would pass the ESRB with a T rating. The ludicrously over-sensitive censorship of Germany and Australia when it comes to video games, on the other hand, is a matter of hilarious public record.

Germany got very lax in recent years in this regard, the BPJM stopped caring a while ago not even a single game was indiziert last year and several where removed from the list.
Something like this wouldn't land on the list here anyway, there really has to be hardcore violence, nazi symbols or similar stuff these days.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, huh, it should probably be out on PS4 and coming out tomorrow on Steam. I guess no one has it yet, but I'll probably grab it fairly soon on steam.

Aothan

Magister
Tales of Zestiria anime has been enjoyable, having no real knowledge of jrpgs the more I watch the show the more I've been thinking about trying the games in the series sometime

Jinn

Arcane
So has anyone been playing Berseria? It's the first Tales game that has attracted me in quite some time and have hopes it has actually turned out good. Would love to read some impressions on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom