Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.0.0 Released

GG Rex

Educated
Take a look at the vault, every day or so people win on roguelike (1-death) difficulty even with the most exotic classes/builds. Personally I play on the 2nd difficulty because I like to pick strange classes that I'm not very familiar with and die horrible deaths. -_-

http://te4.org/characters-vault?tag_name=&tag_level_min=&tag_level_max=&tag_winner=winner&tag_permadeath[]=roguelike&tag_campaign[]=maj'eyal#

I wouldn't cry about "donator-only" stuff... yet. "Adventure mode" has been in... for like 1-2 years already? I don't think it's to do with release hype.

Well, let's see what happens in 2-3 months.

Micmu

Magister
Deathfucked!!!!

ownedgsaufdfawfas.jpg

Lightknight

Liturgist
every day or so people win on roguelike (1-death) difficulty even with the most exotic classes/builds.
That's because those people are losers with no life, and have time to grind in farportals. Some classes are absolutely unwinnable if you dont grind.

And as I said in another post, apparently you're meant to regularly invest in Constitution, and play cautiously by mapping out the level ahead with abilities like Arcane Eye, or that survival one that reveals the area in 9+ radius around you.
And none of that works for the final bosses.

You will hit 50 cap long before end even with "blitzkrieg play"
No you wont. Only if you play races with no XP penalty. As a dwarf, i got to level 48 after cleaning out everything in the game.

Am I seriously reading people whining about one shot deaths in a roguelike? Welcome to every single roguelike ever in the history of roguelikes.
Really ? Try getting one-shotted out of nowhere in Crawl. In-fucking-possible, with the rare exception of a before-level-5 magical species.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
BEHOLD, the Codex's foremost ToME expert:

957ab11fa7.png

He's on my friends list (not sure of forum username) and seeing a "Stony3k is playing Tales of Maj'Eyal" notification is a regular occurrence.

That's almost as many hours of playtime as Josh Sawyer has in Skyrim. :troll:

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I think I have more hours playing ToME2...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom