Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hobbit Lord of Mordor_

It's not a country now it was just a region of Greece in antiquity. We really liked the name, we obviously Googled it first but decided all of the prior use was pretty minor, so we went with it.

Seriously, your average American can't even find Greece on a map! I guess we should of taken into account that our target audience is way above average in intelligence.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
I just see it quite often in fantasy related stuff. If not games then novels and crappy fanfics

If you know stuff about the real place you keep thinking of that when you see it. Taken to the extreme imagine if every novel and TV series started calling their main character Gandalf, regardless of the genre and whether the setting has any wizards

Anyway not that important

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Yeah I hear ya, we just felt like we hadn't reached that point yet. Apparently there is a character named Illyria on Buffy.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Spaming other threads with the same post is a no-no.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Um I wouldn't call posting on Tales of Illyria thread & the Ouya thread where we were mentioned spamming. I guess posting on the Matt Chat thread was a stretch but we were just featured on it.

Which one do you take issue which?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
WhiskeyWolf you really deleted my posts?

If you would of read the OUYA posts you would of seen that there were people asking me on that thread if Tales of Illyria was going to be released on OUYA. IT WAS NOT SPAM!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just promote your game in its own thread, man. You're not doing yourself any favors by complaining about the moderation.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Infinitron I understand, I would just like it to be acknowledged that the 3 post had validity where they were posted. I was not spamming posts that had no relevance.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Well, I can sorta agree with your post in the OUYA thread. Although, promoting a game in multiple threads is usually discouraged as it something ad-plants do, no matter the relevance.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littlekillerz.ringstrail&hl=en

What's New
Tales of Illyria: Beyond the Iron Wall prerelease SALE! Beyond the Iron Wall will be released on 2/26/2014
Enhanced Edition
- Requires downloading new media package
- Updated trail graphics
- Updated background graphics
- Candy Man updated
- Combat improved
- Autosaves during long events
- Pick plants on trail
- EP2 will not require a separate download
- Enemies given more special skills
- Updated map with Iron Wall shown
- Various improvements
Soundtrack now available!
http://goo.gl/9bhYYt

tl:dr Episode two on the way. :bounce:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Episode 2 is out, anyone played it yet?

Episode 1 has its good side, and its bad side. I don't like the interface, the women all look like men, combat is very slow, and you're clearly not supposed to choose the "evil" options (or even then, "I don't care" options). I like the rest of it though, I guess; it really does remind me of darklands with the travelling, random events, and equipment.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Episode 2 is out, anyone played it yet?

Episode 1 has its good side, and its bad side. I don't like the interface, the women all look like men, combat is very slow, and you're clearly not supposed to choose the "evil" options (or even then, "I don't care" options). I like the rest of it though, I guess; it really does remind me of darklands with the travelling, random events, and equipment.
Been playing it, on and off, seems like more of the same, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Although yeah, the women look like men only if they're all wearing the same armour. :lol:

Tom Tran

Barely Literate
@little-killerz

Phenomenal Game !!! I spent a whole week being absolutely unproductive with life and work because I was so addicted to ep2. I bought ep1 about a year ago and had loads of fun. Thank you so much to the devs.

I'm now re-playing ep1 on a PC (with all the new updates that I wasn't aware of since I got a new phone).

I'm using Bluestacks to play it one a PC instead of my phone. Will let you know how that goes :)

Thanks again for all of your heart and hard work into such a wonderful game.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
The game plays fine in Blue Stacks (I can also confirm that). However, Blue Stacks sometimes doesn't play well with your system. On my Windows 8.1 touchscreen tablet, for example, it does a terrible job after it's been running for a while (likely due to background processes). If you have a hefty PC, this shouldn't be an issue. None of these are the fault of the game, though, which is brilliant.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
ERYFKRAD Thanks for your interest. We are working on it. We actually shelved a months worth of work and start over. The third one was going to be a game like the first two where you have a set of predefined characters and have a set epic quest to perform. We switched up, now you pick a sex, kingdom, head, and name. Depending on your kingdom you get a different origin quest. These quests are small and when they are over don't necessitate the game to be over when completed. You get to form your own party. Things like karma, aliginment, morale and kigdom reputation will be more important. In previous games we couldn't have characters leave your party if they got mad but now can. We also couldn't change the ways the kingdoms reacted to you because the story line had hard alliances. Now you can pick sides. For instance you could atttack all Feylanor patrols this would gain you faction with Kourmar but hurt your faction with Feylanor.

The flip side of this though is the characters in your party will take a back seat and won't participate as much in conversations etc...This is because your party make up will be unpredictable. You will meet characters in events and possibly recruit them from taverns. You will get to reorganize your party in any tavern. We have also added port travel.

I'd like the game done in 4 to 6 months. However we don't have a budget for the game yet, so the writers are having to work for profit from the games sales when it comes out. Obviously this make for slightly less motivated writers. The games are still selling well enough, we are in a situation where we have to pay back the loans we had for ep1 & ep2. So while we are paying those back for the next 12 months it leaves very little money to fund a third.

Thanks,
Chad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom