Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tales of Illyria Series for Android

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have to concur that this game requires some grinding. Or at least I was not able to develop my party enough as the story progressed. I am now on my way to the elementalists and every random encounter kicks my arse. My main char is only at level 3 and I suppose he should be around 6 already - because the newest addition to the party starts at this level.

Fortunately, it seems that the game seems to take pity on the player if they are doing very badly, because when I all but ran out of money and food, I started to find some freebies while travelling (an abandoned cart, etc.). I have decided to travel back to the more gracious areas, to fight rats and wolves, hoping not to encounter any more wyverns on the way.

Overall, I enjoy the game a lot. This is one of the better RPGs I have played in recent years, and I do not mean only mobile ones. Good job, Little Killerz.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
MicoSelva

Thanks for the kind review, We designed the game so grinding was never necessary to complete the main quest line. However, it's been a while since I have played the game so I should dive in and make sure everything is still well balanced. Let me know if you have any ideas or encounters that are too difficult.

You are right that there are some events designed to help you if you are down and out. However those events are not more likely to occur than a bad event they just become available to spawn when your provisions are low. Conversely there are events that can spawn if you got too much to knock you down a peg. Like if your karma gets too high, demons might attack you or if you have too many provisions they may spoil.

Thanks,
Chad

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MicoSelva

Thanks for the kind review, We designed the game so grinding was never necessary to complete the main quest line. However, it's been a while since I have played the game so I should dive in and make sure everything is still well balanced. Let me know if you have any ideas or encounters that are too difficult.

You are right that there are some events designed to help you if you are down and out. However those events are not more likely to occur than a bad event they just become available to spawn when your provisions are low. Conversely there are events that can spawn if you got too much to knock you down a peg. Like if your karma gets too high, demons might attack you or if you have too many provisions they may spoil.

Thanks,
Chad
THat provision spoiling rarely does a dent, to be honest. I've had so much stockpiled, losing 20 or so food rarely is an issue.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let me know if you have any ideas or encounters that are too difficult.
Perish the thought. I suspect I just went too fast through the storyline and my characters did not develop sufficiently. Eldric is only level 3 and I have recently recruited Rictor, who is level 6 (2 more than my most advanced char - the archer girl whose name I forgot). Every combat encounter is kicking my arse - wyvern, werewolves, acolytes, so I am heading back to fight something easier. ;)

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
MicoSelva

LOL! Wow you should be a lot higher level. Not sure how you got that far without leveling higher. But I won't make it easier on your account then ;-)

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I read that there's a planned release for this game on the PC in June 2015. Just looking for confirmation on that. I never got to finish the game when I had my Android tablet, but if I can enjoy it on the PC, it's a definite purchase for me. So, please tell me that the rumors are true.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi ProphetSword,

We got greenlite so it's coming but right now we are working on EP3 which will come out in March. So the plan is to put EP3 out and then port the game engine to Unity.

If anyone is interested in BETA testing EP3 please contact me.

Thanks,
Chad

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nay, only Amazon App Store and some other minor app stores. But if your question implies you are indeed planning on supporting the BB Android wrapper, I'm happy to help!
You'll likely reach dozens of potential new customers! ;)

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Snorkack Ep3 is going to be FTP and on Google Play only. Before you guys start hissing. We are giving the entire game away for free and are only charging for side quests.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I don't know. I paid $4.99 for the first one and never once felt it wasn't worth every penny. The reviews on Google Play have a lot of people saying the same thing. I'm sure you have your reasons, but a lot of people (me included) would probably rather just pay $4.99 and have all the content. The tendency to give away something "free" on mobile platforms, when the catch is really that you have to pay to get everything, has already started to sour me against games that do it. It's a tactic I despise, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
ProphetSword Belive me its not something we decided to do lightly. 98% of the revenue on Android is from IAP. Like I said our game wont even require you to pay a dime to get 95% of the content. And we will have a single unlock to buy it all. So its really no different. I don't like having to give away the game for free but its so competitive its what you have to do. Plus Tales is being pirated at a 90% rate at this point.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Little Killerz Get this thing finished for PC and put up on Steam and you'll make way more than you will selling to mobile casuals. Granted I played it on my Android but I don't imagine this type of game has staying power with the attention span that mobile users have. Are you going to sell all 3 "parts" as one game on Steam?

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
ProphetSword Belive me its not something we decided to do lightly. 98% of the revenue on Android is from IAP. Like I said our game wont even require you to pay a dime to get 95% of the content. And we will have a single unlock to buy it all. So its really no different. I don't like having to give away the game for free but its so competitive its what you have to do. Plus Tales is being pirated at a 90% rate at this point.

If you have a single price unlock to buy it all, that will probably satisfy the people who want the whole thing at a single price to avoid the "free, but not really" tactic, so that's smart. Also, how do you know that Tales is being pirated at a 90% rate? Because...damn...do people bother to pay for anything at all anymore?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
ProphetSword I log all installs of the game. I think its laregly Russians as I get a crap ton of install errors. Seems the most popular APK floating around Russia has a bug in it I didn't introduce, probably hacked.

Chad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom