Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tales of Illyria KickStarter

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Tales of Illyria is a episodic party-based role playing game that simulates the experience of a pen and paper role playing game. Combining the mechanics of Oregon Trail and Final Fantasy with a setting like Game of Thrones in to a unique roleplaying experience. It will be released on PC, Linux, IOS, and Android.

Check out the video!

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
screen3.png

screen1.png

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Shouldn't the guisarme be on the blunt side, instead of ruining the chopping egde?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Thanks for the questions. Lets see...

1. The Skyrim comment is probably a stretch I'll talk to the writer about that.
  2. Order based combat means, you issue each character an order and they will continue to do it until their target dies, they die, or you issue a different order. Its turn based in that each order has a speed associated with it and goes into the orders queue and they battle engine process the orders in turn.
  3. Its Episodic in that future installments will use the same tools and game engine, but have a different story which parallels or extends the previous story.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Name is charming, but I really don't like the gamestyle.

First, the side scrolling view. Ugh.

Second, the character models are wayyy too large. Especially in the combat screen.

Oh and combat isn't animated.

No offense meant to the designer, he does have talent definitely. However, this is not my type of game.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
When reading the title I thought this was going to be a historical RPG set in the ancient Balkans, not this bullshit.
If the devs can't bother to google their game's title to check if it already means something, who knows where else they fail.
:keepmymoney:
The art is pretty nice though.

Erzherzog

Magister
When reading the title I thought this was going to be a historical RPG set in the ancient Balkans, not this bullshit.
If the devs can't bother to google their game's title to check if it already means something, who knows where else they fail.

Exact same reaction here.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
We were aware the Illyria was a place on earth bcause we know how to Google. We figured most people don't and it wouldn't be much of an issue. It doesn't matter, its just a nice name....

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Mother Russia, the combat is animated did you watch any of the videos?

What I meant is that there is not complete animation. The characters just kind of twitch or swing swords and that's about it.

I understand completely that this is due to budgeting reasons, and that's cool.

However, I cannot play such a game. I would prefer a complete text based game over this.

But I wish the dev(s) the best of luck and hope that it sells a lot so that he can make a real, full game with all bells and whistles with the money (like Grimrock for instance, except that it be turnbased and 3rd person)

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Mother Russia, actually we have the return swing animations I have just not gotten around to including them. You guys are really perceptive!

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
We were aware the Illyria was a place on earth bcause we know how to Google. We figured most people don't and it wouldn't be much of an issue. It doesn't matter, its just a nice name....

And most people think there is no snow in Greece, right? Fuck those losers.

:keepmymoney:

oscar

Arcane
Thought this was going to be a cool historical RPG about the Pannonian Revolt or fighting Ottomans or something.

You have nice artwork but the only Final Fantasy game this community seems to have enjoyed was Tactics.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I would argue that is not a good idea to openly say that you believe your audience is dumb... or name your company something that looks like a bunch of 10-years-old kids came up for their WoW clan.

Besides that, looks like a good game, but that interface and the extremely close "FOV" seems clubbersome on anything else then a cellphone... will there be some changes in the PC versions?

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
Hi, I didn't say people were dumb. I just don't think most people will notice or care we are using a name from ancient Greek. Does it really matter what our studios name is? Why are we discussing this...

As far as there not being a game here...

If a combat engine and travel engine with inventory management and hundereds of events with multiple solutions and results don't make a RPG then I don't know what does. The game is different yes but thats why you might just play it as you haven't played anything quite like it before.

Thanks again for discussing.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
The game engine is built to support any device at its native resolution so you will get max resolution from 480 up to 1080. Currently the UI is optimized to support all resolutions but it is fair to say it is currently phone/tablet biased. Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom