Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Tales from the Loop, PnP RPG based on Simon Stålenhag's stuff

Prime Junta

I'm a huge fan of Simon Stålenhag's. He makes this eerily photorealistic art set in an alternate 1980's-1990's Sweden (and lately, US) with giant robots, flying cargo ships, dinosaurs, and all manner of strangeness. Now there's a PnP RPG Kickstarter based on his stuff so I figured it rates a thread.

It's already funded but hey, it's capitalism, so much is good, more is better when it comes to the monies.

You might also want to check out his website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just downloaded it - and realized that I never got my hardback book, so poked them to get that.

Did you get and try it yet?

Prime Junta

Did a fair while ago, and not yet. I'll see if I can run a one-shot or two one of these days. Book is really nicely made -- I got the signed collector's edition and the production values are fantastic. You would already know all about the content if you've seen the PDF.

This isn't exactly a hardcore game but I like the way it's set up. How fun it is would depend entirely on how well the group manages to get inside the skin of those early-90s weirdos, rockers, and misfits.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds cool - I just flipped through the pdf a bit, mainly for the artwork. I much prefer to have a real book in my hands, and I am hoping they will figure out where it went soon.

I was also considering it for one-shots. With luck maybe this August, as we are a group of crazy old people that go to Sweden one weekend a year to roleplay, drink and have fun. It would probably fit in well there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom