Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Takedown: Red Sabre, aka "Hardcore Tactical Shooter"

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The artist even plagiarized the background? Goddamn... M:

Lmao it looks like they actually copied that rear vault door from the original and stuck it to the left side of the corridor in the "concept art".

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
This is great way to get over the "Kickstarter can fail" thing without anyone getting scammed out of their money.

Cholo

Arcane
Wow that's pretty lazy- google image search' bank vault' and the vault from the above image is on the fifth result page. A link to the photoshoot of the guys in black armor is on page 3 of a search for 'swat team'.

Can I be a scam graphic artist now too?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I honestly don't see what's wrong with using photoshop and stock images for making concept art. It's not like they're going to submit that shit to an art exhibition.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I honestly don't see what's wrong with using photoshop and stock images for making concept art. It's not like they're going to submit that shit to an art exhibition.

Probably because it shows you've put forth at least a tiny bit of effort prior to e-panhandling for your game? Anyone can think of an idea and go grab some stock images off of google.

Oesophagus

Arcane
The point of concept art is a means to show what your vision is. What they've done is demonstrated that they don't care about making a good game, as they can't even be arsed to do anything more than copypaste some images from google.

What they need is a catchphrase. I want to be a beretta

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dude - if they are lazy enough to make a good concept art and instead do a short search on Google for images - what does it say about the possible game?

I don't think Christian wants to see all this bickering, if you don't want to see this game succeed then you are on the wrong forums.

If this continues I will be deleting posts and sending out formal warnings.

Please keep it clean.

END OF RHINE

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The point of concept art is a means to show what your vision is. What they've done is demonstrated that they don't care about making a good game, as they can't even be arsed to do anything more than copypaste some images from google.
But if those shopjobs do show what their vision is, what is the issue? Would their vision somehow have been more artistically true if they'd posted pencil sketches showing the same things?

Angthoron

Arcane
Codex should start a Kickstopper, a site where people would donate for a dedicated team of professional trolls and retards to stall/halt/stop development of various projects, Kickstarter or otherwise.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They should have made this as an ARMA mod or something like that, then asked for cash to make it a full-blown standalone game. Of course, for that, the mod would have to be successful...

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Codex should start a Kickstopper, a site where people would donate for a dedicated team of professional trolls and retards to stall/halt/stop development of various projects, Kickstarter or otherwise.

Donate $5k to have Andhaira message the developer's wife/daughter on facebook?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
But if those shopjobs do show what their vision is, what is the issue? Would their vision somehow have been more artistically true if they'd posted pencil sketches showing the same things?
Their vision is a pic of a SWAT team with a photoshop filter? If they did a pencil sketches it would still be just a pencil sketch of a SWAT team, and that doesn't mean anything. They should just show a damm fucking concept of what they wnat to do, not just vague word, vague pics and a vague video.

Also, not sure if legit, but trully glorious:

CEO, my name is Dan Evans and I am the photographer who took the photo that your third concept art is using. The photograph is copyrighted by the Lodi News-Setinel with limited usage rights to me, chief photographer of the LNS. You have used the image without permission.

I am requesting that you please remove the image so further action does not need to be taken. Thank you.

:lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Their vision is a pic of a SWAT team with a photoshop filter? If they did a pencil sketches it would still be just a pencil sketch of a SWAT team, and that doesn't mean anything. They should just show a damm fucking concept of what they wnat to do, not just vague word, vague pics and a vague video.

This Kotaku commenter said it well: http://kotaku.com/5896568/i-messed-...er-now-im-fixing-it?comment=48306972#comments

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
CEO, my name is Dan Evans and I am the photographer who took the photo that your third concept art is using. The photograph is copyrighted by the Lodi News-Setinel with limited usage rights to me, chief photographer of the LNS. You have used the image without permission.

I am requesting that you please remove the image so further action does not need to be taken. Thank you.
Is someone trolling the shit out of this or has this actually gone somewhere now?

Can you reply to the original topic in HERE as well. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

PS: CEO means "Chief Executive Officer", the name of the Admin is Christian Allen (nick: Serellan).
I want to legally rename myself to CEO.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Infinitron said:
Yes, and what Mr. Genius-PR did? Instead of providing a good answer, asks the guy to come to the forums...great job, not only now you proved that you have no concept, but if you actually have one, you are hidding it on your fucking forum, where no one will care enough to enter, register and read countless post to find out WTF you are promising in exchange for my money.

Possibly even worse, the guy is asking the forum members to fake a donation increase to "gain momentum":

Gonna try and hit that tommorrow. Remember, you can increase now, and decrease later, if I add a $125, you can adjust...we need momentum now more than anything...you can always adjust to the level that hits your sweet spot. The team is tired right now, we've been rocking for the past week, so things might take a bit to go up...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom