Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock 2 NOT REMAKE in Cry Engine

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SS2 still looks great. Don't even see why anyone would do a remake in another engine.

Now System Shock, yeah THAT would be awesome in a new engine.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Some guy was gonna do STALKER in Crysis 1 engine, but not sure what status is. From what I saw, it didn't really suit raw grit of STALKER, though.

Crysis interior visuals are more suited to SS2, this is pretty cool.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
SS2 is still perfectly playable and enjoyable. But if this remake ever sees daylight, I will definetely give it a go.

Can't have too many System Shocks.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would love to play this, looks very nice
They could get around the whole copyright issue by having the mod require the SS2 files like Shodan sound effects

treborSux

Arcane
Pretty much looks like shit. Looks like any generic shooter from this decade.

Nobody has any taste or imagination anymore, so just cash in on shit people used to like.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
What the fuck is going on in this thread? This a an art project mostly, as one user said. This is not a remake of the whole game, simply the Shodan reveal. No cashing in, no actual gameplay, nothing. Just an experiment of the author and a dedication to a game he or she likes, is what it appears to be.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
And fuck you @Margoth for tricking me with the thread title. :2/5:

Perkel

Arcane
What the fuck is going on in this thread? This a an art project mostly, as one user said. This is not a remake of the whole game, simply the Shodan reveal. No cashing in, no actual gameplay, nothing. Just an experiment of the author and a dedication to a game he or she likes, is what it appears to be.

Like many people said. IT is just: " look at me i creating level for System Shock 2" I AM AWESOME.
Where in reality it looks like shit and this will never get finished as it requires something more than moddeling experience.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Like many people said. IT is just: " look at me i creating level for System Shock 2" I AM AWESOME.
Where in reality it looks like shit and this will never get finished as it requires something more than moddeling experience.
A) it doesn't look shit
B) what's wrong with you people? The guy just tries to create something in his free time, as a hobby, which while not perfect, looks very good. It is pathetic that you can't even stop the negativity at all and shit on EVERYTHING.

this will never get finished as it requires something more than moddeling experience.
He did the demo above in a few months, I think he can finish it. And what do you mean by you need more than moddelling experience. You need nothing more than a modelling experience. Maybe a little scripting which is not wizardry in the Cry engine tool.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Out of curiosity, how many successful 'fan remakes' have there been...?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

The Dark Project is not enough for you?

Brutal Doom made me give my money. Totally worth it, methinks.

What are "fans" anyway? Kings Bounty was remade countless times. Apart from widely now Kings Bounty: The Legend, there was also a 1992-1993 remake, "Unofficial Kings Bounty 2" made by a single dude. And quite enjoyable, I might add. I've also heard of Japanese remake during the same time period.

Or are you speaking SS2 only? There are Four Hundred and SHTUP graphic mods, of which first one looks slightly better, methinks:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4240

In fact, there is a SHITTON of global mods for SS2. Some of them extend the game, like System Shock Infinite and TF's Secmod 3, others do bugfixes and overhauls, like Community Patch. I don't care about differences between "global mod" and "fan remake". I'll give my money for any of them, as long as they are worth it (like upcoming M&B Vikings mod/remake/DLC from devs of Brytenwalda mod), and thankful for whose which are free :3

So yeah. Plenty of fan remakes around.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
TypicalModder.png

sser

Arcane
Developer

What are "fans" anyway? Kings Bounty was remade countless times. Apart from widely now Kings Bounty: The Legend, there was also a 1992-1993 remake, "Unofficial Kings Bounty 2" made by a single dude. And quite enjoyable, I might add. I've also heard of Japanese remake during the same time period.

Or are you speaking SS2 only? There are Four Hundred and SHTUP graphic mods, of which first one looks slightly better, methinks:

In fact, there is a SHITTON of global mods for SS2. Some of them extend the game, like System Shock Infinite and TF's Secmod 3, others do bugfixes and overhauls, like Community Patch. I don't care about differences between "global mod" and "fan remake". I'll give my money for any of them, as long as they are worth it (like upcoming M&B Vikings mod/remake/DLC from devs of Brytenwalda mod), and thankful for whose which are free :3

:lol: I wasn't being facetious, just genuinely interested. I feel like for years now I see these type of projects crop up, either online or in some PC mag, but I never follow them so I dunno the success rate.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

:lol: I wasn't being facetious, just genuinely interested. I feel like for years now I see these type of projects crop up, either online or in some PC mag, but I never follow them so I dunno the success rate.

No prob, I just like accepting "remember this, remember that" challenges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom