Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

System Shock 2 GOG and Steam Release

Psquit

Arcane
Don't count on it, friend.
Mickey_Mouse.png
we can always dream...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
He bitches about the interface.... really?

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel to try and be funny.

Gozma

Arcane
I think if you were hammering out Youtube comedy videogame reviews every week for the rest of your life you might also come to notice ephemera that can easily be converted into precious 15-second intervals of filler

Borelli

Arcane
While he was counting all the "bollocks" that was cluttering the screen my dick was getting harder with each thing he described.
"googles it"
Hm you learn something new every day.

Psquit

Arcane
It's a piece of shit.

A remainder of the 90s. The only thing you can do is replay this game till the end of days, because there is no way they will make a worthy sequel or a remake.

potatojohn

Arcane
I always thought the many was far more interesting than shodan.

The Many said:
We do not know death... only change. We cannot kill each other without killing ourselves. Is your vision... so small... that you cannot see the value of our way?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
They wouldn't be as interesting without her though. What's cool is that SHODAN gave birth to what is pretty much her antithesis, SHODAN being a single wholly self-sustaining technological mind that would see every living organism dead and The Many being a symbiotic organism totally reliant on assimilation of as many other organisms as possible.

Edit: quoting hard

The Many said:
Do you not trust the feelings of the flesh? How can you choose cold metal over the splendor of the flesh?

SHODAN said:
Your flesh is an insult to the perfection of the digital.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They wouldn't be as interesting without her though. What's cool is that SHODAN gave birth to what is pretty much her antithesis, SHODAN being a single wholly self-sustaining technological mind that would see every living organism dead and The Many being a symbiotic organism totally reliant on assimilation of as many other organisms as possible.
I'd say humanity is the antithesis to Shodan. The Many are like cells of a body - they are separate but still part of one entity, with one mind, serving one purpose. They're very much Shodan's creation.

People are separate, individual, diverse, "decentralized". Yet they still have this fascination in being one, a hive, a collective without any "intrusive" individuality - as manifested in fiction (the "Borg trope" present in many forms in literature, movies, TV shows and games) as well as in bloodthirsty ideologies like fascism or communism.

Psquit

Arcane
I always thought the many was far more interesting than shodan.

The Many said:
We do not know death... only change. We cannot kill each other without killing ourselves. Is your vision... so small... that you cannot see the value of our way?

The many were friendly enough when you kill them. Still... i miss the human mutant thing from the first game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/238210/announcements/detail/164715932138057026

New Update Available Now
14 FEBRUARY - SALECK
Hello everyone,

A new update for System Shock 2 is available for Windows and Linux. Mac will follow in the coming days.

The v2.43 patch, which was provided by "Le Corbeau", contains the following fixes:

• Fixed various smaller issues that could potentially affect stability
  • Fixed light radius from dynamic lights on other objects so it matches light radius on terrain (instead of infinite)
  • Fixed (or at least reduced) issue where on rare occasions it could turn AIs invulnerable and non-collidable after loading or level transition (fix may not apply to existing savegames where this already happened)
  • Fixed bug with archive extraction failure not being detected properly in FMSel, at least for archives with unsupported compression method (like old zips using "Implode")
  • Fixed some bugs in FMSel with localization, paths containing umlauts and other special characters, and added OGG to WAV conversion option
    fixed DML parsing bug with link IDs
  • Fixed bug with "d3d_disp_enable_atoc 1" on nVidia where it ended up using SSAA (if available) instead of ATOC
  • Fixed bug where filtering was applied to even pixel scaled UI in DX9 on most resolutions even when it shouldn't have
  • Added subtitle support
  • Added support for mission DMLs to include so called fingerprints, data that can link a DML to a particular mission (because mission filenames are often the same for different OMs/FMs)
  • Added support for mission DMLs to be bundled in dbmods subdirectories
  • Added support for DMLs to request additional OSMs and to reference objects by name
  • Removed GOG EULA.txt

Don't like the update? You can roll back to v2.42 by going into the game's properties and, in the Betas tab, choosing v2.42 from the Dropdown list. That will rollback your installation of System Shock 2 to the version that was on Steam previously.

Enjoy!

Nice, although anybody who installed SS2Tool already had this.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
SHODAN wasn't meant to be in this game, they added her later to connect the game to SS1 because they wanted to use the brand name. Originally the game was meant to be only about The Many.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
SHODAN wasn't meant to be in this game, they added her later to connect the game to SS1 because they wanted to use the brand name. Originally the game was meant to be only about The Many.
Source?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom