Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SYNSTASIS, turn-based cyberpunk RPG with tactical elements set in a post-libertarian future

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://synstasis.com/

SYNSTASIS (formerly SYNAPSE) is a turn-based cyberpunk RPG with tactical elements, set in a post-libertarian future where governments have been deemed irrelevant and 90% of humanity live in megacities run entirely by corporations.

The story revolves around a group of scavengers of spare parts and machinery living in the underbelly of a megacity, and their unwitting entanglement in a plot that could determine the fate of 8 million people.

The game presents a futuristic world that spurs the imagination, while remaining logical and plausible, by incorporating several technologies and socio-economic concepts that are currently in development and which may become reality in the near-to-distant future.

There's a demo available on Steam. Anybody wanna give it a try?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Weird, this looks slicker than your typical indie, but there are only two videos of it on YouTube right now on random garbage-looking channels:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I kinda like the vibe and the general look of what I'm seeing here.
Keeping an eye on it.
When somebody plays the demo, please report!

Heretic

Cipher
I played the demo for a short while.

The art design reminds me of Anachronox.
The voice acting is quite good, but needs a better mix (sound volume overall is chaotic).
Writing... not sure. I would characterize it as "quite well written kids behaving as adults".
The UI is amateur, in some default Arial font and Excel tables.
It is not clear what you can and cannot interact with, so I ran to each person and watched if the action prompt appears. In 90% cases it didn't appear.
The faces are quite realistic but also not what people in games usually look like, more like this guy I met in the gym yesterday. This might actually not be bad, to have realistic faces for once.
The pacing was slow, I was tired and turned the game off before I could get to the combat system. :?

The demo didn't impress me, but it also didn't turn me completely off.
If the game stays in its current shape, I won't play it, but if they improve it significantly, it might be interesting.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What does "post-libertarian" even mean.
I5rjSLE.jpg

harhar!

Augur
Good old "Libertarianism creates monopolies" meme. How many stable, long-term monopolies do you know that exist without any government interference?

Lurker47

Savant
Good old "Libertarianism creates monopolies" meme. How many stable, long-term monopolies do you know that exist without any government interference?
Libertarianism does create monopolies but they create monopolies that implode sporadically unlike our monopolies which just keep on becoming more and more bloated.

Crashbang

Transhumanoid Productions
Developer
Writing... not sure. I would characterize it as "quite well written kids behaving as adults".

Hey there. I did the writing for the game. I was wondering if you could go into any more detail about the comment above? Were there any particularly egregious examples that stood out to you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom