Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
"Wolf-men? As in men wearing wolves pelts? Or do you mean litterally big wolvea walking on two legs? This does not bode well anyway, so let's leave with the first sun light."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule's face is a mask of rage. He reflexively gips the haft of the Dub Sleagh, "I'll wager that cur Rashid is one of them and went back to the village to warn Talorc or he rejoined his master Uvan." He spits, "I swear on the spear of Ulfheonar, I will kill Talorc before the sun sets; Clan Elders be damned if they get in my way. Rhenmyr, you say you can hold up a mirror and reveal false images? Well maybe we can use that to our advantage and force Talorc to account for himself. Dawn will break in a matter of hours and it will take us at least a half-day of walking to get to the village. I advise you make your preparations soon if you wish to follow me friends, I leave at the predawn."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"There's no doubt, Brule. We've to see this through to the end."

How much, if any, did Marcán heal?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric stretches in the crotch of the tree and drops down to the ground and yawns looking much refreshed. Gods only know how he was able to get comfortable enough to sleep.

Anyone who passed their saving throw during the night regains 1 hp (plus Con bonus if positive) and is able to pray for and memorize spells. If you failed you're too tired to meditate/memorize and you don't heal properly. By my reckoning here is who passed and failed (let me know if missed you)

Passed: Borric - regained 2 HPs
Failed: Mab, Ker, Márcan, Cormac, Urash & Brule - No healing, no chance to regain spells until you get 6 hours of good rest (Rhenmyr slept in the cave and is not well rested)

Current condition (lightly wounded >75% HP, moderately wounded >50% HP, badly wounded >25% HP, near death <25% HP)
Borric=unwounded
Marcán=near death
Ker=lightly wounded
Rhenmyr=moderately wounded
Cormac=lightly wounded
Urash=moderately wounded
Mab=lightly wounded
Brule=lightly wounded

People that play a spell-caster, if you could please tell me what spells you have left I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gods only know how he was able to get comfortable enough to sleep.
For a man that has chased prey for days on the back of a lizard, falling asleep is as easy as closing one's eyes. Borric looks around, and tenses as he senses something wrong.

Had no idea if I was awake for the above bits, thanks for clearing that up.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Updated healing in the above post. Check it to see everyone's current condition. If you aren't sure of your character's exact wounds send me a PM and I'll give them to you.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot healing is 1HP/level+Con bonus (Borric is unwounded as a result).

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I'll be ready. The mirror will show the humans and the pretenders. Hopefully that will be enough. If not, perhaps we lock them in the great hall and burn it to the ground."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"I'll be ready. The mirror will show the humans and the pretenders. Hopefully that will be enough. If not, perhaps we lock them in the great hall and burn it to the ground."

I just want to say one thing for the record. God bless old-school D&D.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The groups sits around the hummock of dry land that served as camp for the night and thankfully the heavy mist has not returned. Visibility is at least a half-mile all around you. The sky is progressively lightening to a shade of deep purple and the path that lead you in from the west can now be clearly seen winding its way around the base of the hill of the cave, to the east (toward the village and Lake Oerní)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Lets forget trying to track Rashid. It would be too easy throw us off simply by wading through the muck. A simple trail is too likely a trap."

Talorc just rubs me the wrong way. I've had the un rangerly urge to burn him alive with Atalantian fire for too long.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash groggily rubs his eyes and eats some dried meat from one of his rations.

"Burned, stabbed, crushed or hanged, the mad dog's got to be put down. We might as well get going soon... wish I'd had more sleep, though."

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Lets forget trying to track Rashid. It would be too easy throw us off simply by wading through the muck. A simple trail is too likely a trap."

Talorc just rubs me the wrong way. I've had the un rangerly urge to burn him alive with Atalantian fire for too long.
FYI. Lawful alignment doesn't always equate to "peaceful" or "law-abiding" in this world, it frequently means "just."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Fire cleanses to make way for the natural world. If he dies in said fire, it only removes a waste of nature's bounty."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom