Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
Eschewing the cave, Ker, Urash and Mab squat on their heels and lean up against the bole of a tree and try and fail to do anything other than fitfully doze. Borric spits into the palms of his hands and easily jumps up and grabs a large branch and hoists himself into the crotch of a tree where he contorts himself into what looks like a stupendously uncomfortable position and within minutes starts to snore softly.

Does anybody take a watch?

nikolokolus

Arcane
4 watches will cover the night

Cormac's watch passes uneventfully and he wakes Mab who stands stoically in the cold, dense fog listening intently for any sounds. Around midnight (by best reckoning) the impenetrable mist begins to clear and a few minutes later you think you see a torch bobbing in and out of the thickets and trees perhaps a hundred yards away or more. The light disappears behind trees and seems to be moving parallel to to your camp.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab quietly tells the nearest individual about the lights in the distance and readies himself for a fight.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab wakes Brule who groggily opens one eye. He sits up and peers through the thick undergrowth at the gently bobbing light as it moves from west to east several hundred yards away. After a minute or two the light winks out. Brule lets out his breath through clenched teeth, "Will o' the Wisp perhaps, a lightning bug? Whatever it is, I don't think it noticed us. Maybe our luck has finally turned?" He then motions Mab to head off to sleep and takes a turn keeping watch.

The night continues to pass uneventfully until everyone is roused from their restless sleep, sometime at the end of Brule's watch. A muffled shout can be heard echoing from within the cavern; Rhenmyr shouting something.

(Que Grimgravy)

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr bursts from the cave. "I had dreams...no visions sleeping in the cave! In the first, a pair of werewolves attacked Fidach and Oona! I'm afraid Fidach is dead and Oona captured..."

Cormac sits up with a start. Looks over at Rhenmyr coming out of the cave. "I hope it was just a dream. I'm not sure we are quite ready to fight two more beats, let alone one."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"First they appeared to be wolves. Then wolf-men. More akin to Uvan than the spirit vanquished here. As for that, in the second vision, a bloody crow said we had defeated its servant so the curse would be lifted. Temporarily. If the false king is not removed the curse will return."

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Can anybody here sneak reasonably well? We could try and remove the "false King" through subterfuge and knives in the dark, rather than having to travel for a week."

L'ennui

Magister
"No matter how we go about it, this vision makes one thing clear: time is of the essence. I believe we should make haste for Crannogmére as soon as we are able. Drune or not, Talorc cannot maintain himself there...

As for these wolf-men... we will see. This does not bode well for Fidach and Oona. You said you saw her captured? Did you see where she was taken?"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
"The vision was of night. It was in a forest, but it was too dark to make out any significant landmark. Fidach tripped and was torn apart by the wolf-men. The vision faded out as they bore down on Oona with a net between them. I didn't see the outcome, but I'm sure they captured her. It was uncannily vivid. Brule, I'm sorry for your loss, and I vow to do everything in my power to avenge your brother and save your niece."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom