Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Swords and Sorcery - Underworld: Definitive Edition

Morkar Left

Ok, thanks, will looking there. I thought I have to deliver some quest item to the guard or find the guard captain.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is the game I've been waiting for since finishing my very first crpg M&M2. Swords and Sorcery is my personal GOTY, together with The Quest.
I'm amazed how this is an RPGMaker game, tho. Well done!

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
This is the game I've been waiting for since finishing my very first crpg M&M2. Swords and Sorcery is my personal GOTY, together with The Quest.
I'm amazed how this is an RPGMaker game, tho. Well done!

Game maker studio

Thanks for that, it's greatly encouraging for the sequel(s).

edit - removed spoiler, sorry no brackets on phone but it wasn't important

Last edited:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
I fixed the Unlock issue with the laptop (and hotel wifi). I had never thought of "spamming" U before and not waiting until the current attempt was resolved could indeed cause a freeze. An oversight that earned me a refund and negative review :/

Thanks for the report, Bubbles, I could have gotten more :)

I was unable to reproduce the other one you mentionned but will try again. The one about the amulet is more an oversight than a bug. I'll do something about that one on a more appropriate work station though as it involves external tools and some testing.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
unfortunately for some reason my brofisting abilities were revoked because i dug up old Blobber threads asking for recommendations for blobbers to play in GRPG and I pasted the list of available blobbers found in this thread.

it hurts a little, i won't lie; but anyway from now on i'll simply post "Brofist!" and tag the Codexer.

Mustawd

unfortunately for some reason my brofisting abilities were revoked because i dug up old Blobber threads asking for recommendations for blobbers to play in GRPG and I pasted the list of available blobbers found in this thread.

it hurts a little, i won't lie; but anyway from now on i'll simply post "Brofist!" and tag the Codexer.

What?! That's stupid.

Mustawd

There's a new system now. If you're on the PC you can hover your mouse over the reply button and pick a parrot or an agenda. It's kind of dumb.

aweigh do you think this is why you can't brofist?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Mustawd

yeah i initially thought it was some sort of punishment for daring to try to bring true turn-based blobber discussion to general RPG sub-forum since the morons who post there (with the exception of the ones who also post on jrpg forum of course! tee-hee) are always trying to out-Edge the Edge of a sword's edge with "OMG WEEABO SHIT THATS FOR KIDS LETS MAKE TEN THREADS ABOUT PoE AND 20 MORE ABOUT THIS HOT NEW KICKSTARTER GAME W/ REAL TIME COMBAT".

anyway i don't understand what agenda/parrot represent?

if i tag your post with a parrot i assume it's meant to mean i think your post is stupid and/or stupidly ironical... i mean, that's what the parrot represents. always has. if i tag a post with agenda emoticon... well, actually i have no clue what it's supposed to communicate. everyone has an agenda otherwise we wouldn't communicate with our fellow man????

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
you're an agent of chaos. i dare say you ride the edge... of... chaos's... edge? i shall follow your lead and just randomply tag posts too. <3

Mortmal

Arcane
I finally took time and bought it, and even played it. Now its time to vivisect it ! First impressions , theres a long way since the original release now it looks as good if not better than the classic, its gorgeous. The curator review should be updated as it does not reflect at all the state of the game.Its quite impressive, it rivals the old school classic blobbers and i had the exact feelings playing that than i had back then playing early might and magic and wizardries, with a hell lot more convenient UI and automap. Truly the game controls are quite ergonomic . So yes its missing some elemental resists and immunties but its more and less comparable to a blobber with AD&D ruleset.
In this day and age its good to be able to prebuff the party plan ahead encounters buy rations and carefull spare runes for boss combats.I had a tear in my eye when i saw i could make characters like i used to make characters, a paladin who will get spells when higher level for ex l, good old classic D&D dungzeon crawling even if its not the license.

However theres quite a few grammar errors and typos in the french version, according the level of today's french people no one will see it, but i do. Theres also a bug at character creation, the stats does not reflect the player input. Not a big deal since in game they got the right stats.
Also its advertised as a solid 30 hours game, unfortunatly i finsihed the game completely , achievements and all, in 18 hours , so Charles-cgr i demand a refund !

Sovereign will likely be a day one purchase for me...Now i am really hyped for it.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Mortmal sorry for the duration. Some reviewers clock 70 hrs but several of the more hardcore players did indeed complete under 20 hrs. Game length is really tricky to estimate.

About the fr grammar that's pretty hilarious since I did it myself and I am French and have, or had a decent opinion of my grammar skills... Oops

I really did have to rush that localization though ;)

Sovereign is making good progress and should be on Greenlght real soon with a 2017 Q1 ETA. Thanks for the encouragement!

Mortmal

Arcane
Mortmal sorry for the duration. Some reviewers clock 70 hrs but several of the more hardcore players did indeed complete under 20 hrs. Game length is really tricky to estimate.

About the fr grammar that's pretty hilarious since I did it myself and I am French and have, or had a decent opinion of my grammar skills... Oops

I really did have to rush that localization though ;)

Sovereign is making good progress and should be on Greenlght real soon with a 2017 Q1 ETA. Thanks for the encouragement!
Game lenght was a bit to be expected, if the classics had an automap feature with markers , it probably wont take much longer to finish them either, except huge games like fate gates of dawn . Interface were more cumbersome too, ton of time wasted .As for the grammar a d typo, run an automatic corrector just with the intro texts and you will have some surprises :) .

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Finally coming around to buying this. Also grabbed a second copy to show support. If any regulars in this thread know of someone who would enjoy this but could or would not buy it themselves it is up for grabs.

Very cool knowing this is GM Studio. My 14 year old has been making games in GM studio for a year or so. I will definitely show this to him to let him see what is possible. Down the road I may offer to buy more copies in return for some GM Studio pearls of wisdom :)

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally coming around to buying this. Also grabbed a second copy to show support. If any regulars in this thread know of someone who would enjoy this but could or would not buy it themselves it is up for grabs.

Very cool knowing this is GM Studio. My 14 year old has been making games in GM studio for a year or so. I will definitely show this to him to let him see what is possible. Down the road I may offer to buy more copies in return for some GM Studio pearls of wisdom :)

I would be interested in a copy of the game. I thought about buying it, but since I couldn't find a demo of it I haven't bought it.

Last edited:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Doctor Sbaitso You probably already know about the dev community. You'll find the answers to most specific questions there with a quick search. But if you need to ask don't hesitate, I'll try not to make a fool of myself :)

Slimu I actually created a demo but it needs some more testing, especially due to recent Steam SDK updates. I'm getting back to that as soon as i finish the Sovereign greenlight todo list.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

I would be interested in a copy of the game. I thought about buying it, but since I couldn't find a demo of it I haven't bought it.

You have a PM. Enjoy!

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You have a PM. Enjoy!
Thank you for the game. I will start playing it soon.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Could you elaborate on that? Never know, maybe I can improve it still. I did "streamline" spell casting in a recent update for instance.

why not just make an option to have combat be menu driven like classic wizardry?

you can have hotkeys active and also use WASD to move the pointer from option to option. too much reliance on hotkeys when there are many things available to do any one moment is distracting and clutters the interface whereas using WASD (the equivalent of the arrows on a controller pad) to move an onscreen cursor is visible, effective and IMMEDIATE.

in fact i think the use of the mouse should be completely removed as it only slows down UI interaction.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
So I made my merry band of adventurers in the spirit of the Earthsea series by Ursula LeGuin. Masterfully written fantasy IMO.

Tehanu - Paladin
Manan - Knight
Dragonfly - Rogue
Ged - Scorcerer
Jasper - scorcerer
Tenaru - Priestess

So I cleared the starting town, got a couple of quests (finished the jewel quest) and did a few rounds in the arena. Levelled up to 2, got ready and headed into the catacombs... and promptly had my ass handed to me! Grinded a bit on bandits, geared up with a few + items, blessings and maximizing my spell use and initiative to gain the upper hand. Still stiff but quite rewarding. Great start, nice job Charles-cgr. Love the vibe, intuitive keyboard controls art and sounds. I see there is some tactical depth that I have yet to fully grasp but looking forward to that.

One note is that the Steam screenshot key does not work while playing. Is there a way to run in a window?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom