Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sword Coast Legends Released

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The announced DLC will have Drizzt though

latest

Aenra

I cannot wait for the 2nd/3rd generation of Isis fucktards.
Daddy blew himself up for revenge against kwanzania, grandsonny blew himself up inside the Bioware building.

edit: It's not Bioware? Whatever, all infidels look alike anyway

Weasel
Opinion still mixed:

The problem OP is that this is turning into another trash game that tarnishes the D&D franchise for those of us that truly love it. Honestly WoC should put companies who want to use their franchise through a TSA full cavity search before letting something like this and Daggerfail happen.
---
let me select Sune as a god pls shes the best and it sucks that she isn't selectable
---
to be honest i thought pillars sucked.
---
Why does it when I place the "Mercenary Leader," Enemy (or in the custom enemy set I made from them), it instead place an NPC that is named BRONN.
---
What we've been given is casualized shovelware that in no way uses D&D rules and plays like a top-down WoW. SCL somehow feels more casual than the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games, which were tailor made for consoles.
---
I'm not sure how much code they shamelessly exported or lifted from DA1, but I feel like there is a bit of cut and pasting going on, it just feels so much like the original Dragon Age... i.e. some bugs such as companion hats/helmets not being hidden in the camp when hidden for the player were persistent across DA1 and DA2
---
Outfits weren't stylish enough.
---
I played exactly 119 minutes of this pile of crap, i feel like i will never get those minutes back. However with the power of gaben he was able to avenge my purchase by getting my money back.
Thanks gaben.
---
I'm not sure how many games have recovered from a 57% 0-day, but I bet if the dev's were willing to hear the community, and the community was willing to be patient, we could come together to make a great little title here. So I'll start by listing some of the things that prompted me to refund my pre-order Digital Deluxe copy.
---
This was just another moneygrab exploiting the name of a consistent and trusted franchise. File under FRAUD along with OMD Unchained & Dungeons II.
---
"Create your own epic adventure to share with friends" ...oh, but with randomly created dungeons and randomized, non-customizable loot.
---
I think it's a great game. It takes place in the Forgotten Realms. I would rather play this game with carpet tacks through my eyelids than play another Baldur's Gate rehash.
---
I got a refund. It should be finished around the same time it shows up in a humble bundle.

While the reviewers are not the epitomes of sophistication, their is a child-like honesty to their grievances. Vorpal Magic Missiles, may ass! What an abomination.

Namutree

Savant
Why are so many D&D games shitty Diablo Clones? Do they know what fans of Diablo play? I'll give them a hint:

Diablo. What a surprise!

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
It's so fucking bad.
* graphics look like blurry shit. Sure there are some high textures but they have been put through the cartoon filter. Everything looks like cartoon colours almost looks cell shaded how indistinct textures and terrains are in game.
* Sound - you can't turn off the spammy horrible voice response from your characters or at least make it every other time you select them. The music is generic as hell and there is some weird echo filter overlaid over it all as well.
*Gameplay - click on enemy to attack, watch cool downs press when ready. Don't worry about positioning, surprise, environmental factors. Seems like no strategy even on hard so far. The computer characters just play themselves and seem to ignore what you are doing. Oh and each character isn't by default bound to F1, F2 etc, nah tab through them bro that is easier...

This is the only game so far I'm seriously thinking of getting a refund for. So far off the mark from dnd. I think the Baldurs gate dark alliance games were actually better and closer to dnd than this shit.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Every D&D game is now the same: strip away the "boring" D&D parts, fight dragons, rip off blockbuster hits from four years prior to the games release.

I wish they would make a D&D game designed to sell 1or 2 million copies, rather than constantly trying to create a 20 Million copy AAA title, but I suppose the answer is more accounting than a belief that they could sell 20 Million copies of anything.

And what I mean by that is that selling 1 - 2 million copies of a game would be acceptable/x% profit, but isn't an acceptable return on investment for a company of Hasbro's size.

Zeriel

Arcane
Didn't Bubbles say he liked it? (Not that you should take that seriously.)

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Imagine that my post was written by Bubbles, then you'll get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom