Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Sword Coast Legends developer n-Space is shutting down

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It is truly sad that WotC/HASBRO no longer care at all about their property, they way that TSR did back in the day....

jungl

Augur
I want to say sword coast legends actually made me pissed off that I pirated and wasted time playing after figuring out how bad it was. First game that I can recall that made me pissed off how bad it was and I wasted time pirating it in probably 10+ years. I can only imagine how many steam refunds were had by steam users.

The game itself was reminiscent of the baldurs gate dark alliance franchise but somehow managed to be way worse then the 15 year old average game.

Ash_Firelord

Educated
Sad about ppl losing their jobs. Hopefully people will get the message and stop making shit games.

(yeah, right)

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I want to say sword coast legends actually made me pissed off that I pirated and wasted time playing after figuring out how bad it was. First game that I can recall that made me pissed off how bad it was and I wasted time pirating it in probably 10+ years. I can only imagine how many steam refunds were had by steam users.

The game itself was reminiscent of the baldurs gate dark alliance franchise but somehow managed to be way worse then the 15 year old average game.

Welcome to the jungle.

Xenich

Cipher
It is truly sad that WotC/HASBRO no longer care at all about their property, they way that TSR did back in the day....

Yeah, TSR killed itself by too much "love" and too much disorganization. That said, WOTC just picked it up to prep it for a sell off to larger company. Hasbro was on the other end of the spectrum, all business.. no love or care for the games. Like most large studios these days, the shots are being called by people who don't even like games.

The best thing that can happen to this industry is a massive collapse where gaming is all but dead. This way, only those who care about them will hang around to produce for those who actually want to play games. All the hipsters, non-gamers, all the "I play for my fun" type of entertainment junkies will move off to some other fad. Well... one could hope. /sign

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is always sad to see the developer of a great game go.

But it is also sad to see people laid off even if they developed a completely misdirected game. Probably not their fault.

Weasel
Farewell sweet shovelware :salute:
And things were going so well, just a few short months ago

z9Pt6iB.png

Temnyp0.png

Grubba

Arcane
You knew things were starting to look grim for them when they announced shortly after release that drow and Drizzt were coming soon in a free update. Desperate times call for the big guns.

If they truly were as deceitful as people are saying...well then:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom