Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know... DA:O had good dialogues and characters, but the filler endless combats, all of them identical, and the lack of interest in the main quest almost made me give up. They keep invoking BG as a mantra with each new game, but we already played BG. Time to move on.

These folks have all the tools, the time, the cash, the prestige and the expertise... I wish they stopped talking about older stuff, and instead made something that surprises us, damnit. The classics were good because they were milestones, each of them going past previous games in certain aspects. To me this looks like a glorified NWN.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
If you buy this because your afraid we won't get any more RPG's if this game bombs..
Please begin slamming your head on the nearest flat surface until your brain starts working again.

I hope this thing crashes and burns so badly that nobody attempts an RPG again unless their planning to make it good. (Wishful Thinking at best)
Like I am just sick of these hybrid bastard games that are just dude bro console games with some CRPG (Crappy RPG) sprinkled on top. I blame those exact doom sayers for this mess.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you buy this because your afraid we won't get any more RPG's if this game bombs..
Please begin slamming your head on the nearest flat surface until your brain starts working again.

I hope this thing crashes and burns so badly that nobody attempts an RPG again unless their planning to make it good. (Wishful Thinking at best)
Like I am just sick of these hybrid bastard games that are just dude bro console games with some CRPG (Crappy RPG) sprinkled on top. I blame those exact doom sayers for this mess.
When I was a child, I thought CRPG used to mean 'CRaPG'

ArchAngel

Arcane

What we should do is do a collective pirating of the game, then try to play MP with it and then all complain on their forums how it does not work and how it is a crap game.

When they all get confused about what is going and figure out what version we are using we should just say "Why are you confused, we just paid what the game is worth!"

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
It is about similar to Dungeon Siege 2 (maybe even DS3 but I have not played that one).

I liked DS1 better than than the sequel but DS2 was still a fun game and I am stoked on this game hoping that your comparison turns out to be correct

pippin

Not being able to increase party size is stupid as fuck. There is not much room left for derping when you just have four characters that each has to fill a specific role. I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

While some people are complaining about the limited party, others have said they find it too difficult to manage more than 4 characters at once. I wonder how that could be possible. Some things have to be heard/read to be believed.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
While some people are complaining about the limited party, others have said they find it too difficult to manage more than 4 characters at once. I wonder how that could be possible.

With controllers, certainly.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
While some people are complaining about the limited party, others have said they find it too difficult to manage more than 4 characters at once. I wonder how that could be possible. Some things have to be heard/read to be believed.

When you try to compromise between turn-based and real-time, usually shit happens. Some people that learn the ropes will complain about party being small, the ones not figuring it out, or not happy with the AI, will ask why their Diablo has four characters.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Character creation is not looking too bad (I guess)

Music is good tho

Looks like alignments are in

halfling animu confirmed

ArchAngel

Arcane
Character creation is not looking too bad (I guess)

Music is good tho

Looks like alignments are in

halfling animu confirmed
No skills, no feats, no subclasses. Not bad is a not a word I would use.
And at release they will not have all classes from the base book.

ArchAngel

Arcane
No skills? In a D&D game? Burn baby burn!!
They put in ability trees like a MMO instead of what you normally expect. Out of skills they only have search, stealth and traps stuff and I don't know if anyone but a rogue can do trap stuff and open doors.

Ranger got 5 points at character creation and took animal companion, whirlwind attack and some other skills.

Wizard had spells split into sections called Arcane, Frost, Fire and so on LOL. Then he got 2 points to take more spells or weapon or armor proficiency. Of course spells are in versions I, II , III. You can spend points to later get access to HAste II and Haste III down the ability tree.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can't pick a feat at CC in 5e unless you play a variant human. There are skills.

Mind you, ability progression is completely different from 5e. Looks like shit.
That is true but there is no chance they even got feats. Some feats were already (they just took their name like most of this fake D&D game) changed and made into class abilities.

Sacibengala

Prophet
At least not all is shit. I'll be happy that my wizard dwarf have the forehead I dreamt about all these years. I'll never see it beyond the character creation, but I'll imagine how gorgeous it is when giving up everything else and uninstalling that thing.

Sadly, the game isn't even recognizable as 5e D&D. If the names of the spells or abilities was different, the game wouldn't even be recognizable as D&D. The least WOTC could have done is give them a Player's Handbook, so they'd know what was supposed to be in there. It's as if they only had the table of contents page or something. Yes, I know you think I'm exaggerating. I am not exaggerating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom