Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

ArchAngel

Arcane
So DAO is now a D&D game by the logic of these people? Dead God, the world has gone to hell!

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
This coming from mouth of people who made DA:O should give you no doubt about DA setting being FR rip-off, in case if you'd have some.
Yeah Derp Age ,Twitcher and such selling 10 to 20 million are you drunk.Only two "RPG" are close to that Diablo 3 and TES:5 and only because people that don't play RPGs buy them.
No.
There is up to ~20M of people that may be interested in AAA popamoles. There's up to ~4M people who might be interested in "our" RPG's. It doesn't mean every single one of them will buy that kind of games on release year though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But it really is strange seeing what sort of requests devs have to deal with, imagine making a D&D game and getting stuff like this:

Knew it was Esper before clicking the link. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70761-curious-about-things-before-buying/

So DAO is now a D&D game by the logic of these people? Dead God, the world has gone to hell!

He's referring to the evolution of real time with pause party based RPGs. Apparently he views Pillars of Eternity as a regression.

Delterius

Arcane

He's referring to the evolution of real time with pause party based RPGs. Apparently he views Pillars of Eternity as a regression.

Oh no, the problem isn't Pillars of Eternity at all. It is much more ancient.

It should be no surprise to anyone that SCL is reminiscent of DA:O. We have stated from early on that n-Space intended to continue on the evolution of games that began (roughly) with Baldur's Gate and (we feel) ended with Dragon Age: Origins, adding to that formula a set of DM related capabilities.

This is something that was obvious from the start. This isn't a cash in on D&D. Not really. D&D is just there as a foundation, something to add credibility to the multiplayer. This is a cash in on Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins, the same biodroned scorned in the civil war of 2011 and tapped into during the renaissance of 2012.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
"Cool. So that must be fun, to be the DM. Just like people, like, from, you know, Baldur's Gate and whatnot."

darthaegis

Cipher
Holy shit that interview... How many fucking times did that guy mention BG and NWN. Also:
Dev said:
And if you're playing multiplayer which is something we've added,
Baldur's Gate had multiplayer, what the fuck is he talking about?

Black

Arcane
If you were to take a shot every time modern companies hype basic features from 80s, your liver would be FUBARd.

Delterius

Arcane

"Its based off 5th Edition but to me, a true old arse I might add, its really closer to 1st Edition."

I shall treasure this quote sent to me by the Heavens.

Anyway, what's up with that gal interviewer? She actually makes pertinent remarks, such as "this can't really replicate the tabletop experience but what is the niche you are looking for your multiplayer?". Compare this to Keighley's bumbling about and she's Gygax' reincarnation.

JasonNH

Augur
The interviews talk about how they are there to show off the campaign editor. Anyone seen any videos on it yet?

JasonNH

Augur
20 seconds into the third video, "But today we're rolling out our campaign creation tools." Also in the second video he stated that he told his team that they should be able to recreate any of their old favorite campaigns with the tools. I'm curious how far this goes beyond the DM stuff they have already shown and how flexible it is with creating new maps.

ArchAngel

Arcane
20 seconds into the third video, "But today we're rolling out our campaign creation tools." Also in the second video he stated that he told his team that they should be able to recreate any of their old favorite campaigns with the tools. I'm curious how far this goes beyond the DM stuff they have already shown and how flexible it is with creating new maps.
Only videos so far was them showing how to place some premade furniture and doors in a premade dungeon. We don't know if there is a trigger system, how conversations work or anything.

I predict it will be a weaker version of NWN1/2 or SRR.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
He said you could change an NPC from friendly to hostile during a conversation by assigning him to a hostile faction, so we know that there are factions and triggers.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yeah it will have all that shit, what i do wonder if you will be able to script stuff, just how much will you be able to build into the game, plus bringing new items like weapons and armors, modifying classes and feats. Thats the shit i care about, what you guys are talking about im taking for fucking granted.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this game is gonna suck so many dongs! wow anmzing!! haha!!!

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom