Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Fry

Arcane
Lol, that was in the 80s and 90s :) The entire tabletop RPG market has gone to the gutters since then.

By what measure? According to WotC, the 5e books are selling better than any of their previous edition launches. Online PnP services like Roll20 have gone a long way toward solving the biggest problem with tabletop gaming as an adult... finding people to play with.

toroks

Educated
Act 2 and 3 are better than Act 1, so you'll have to stick in there a while to really appreciate it.

Just long enough to pass that 2 hour steam refund window eh?

:hahyou:
You have a point there. But in the free weekend that starts in an hour (thursday to moday) you can actually play through the whole story campaign without paying a dime, at least if you go easy on the sidequests. I doubt a shill would have given you that secret!
BTW, if you're interested in checking out this game, there is a Twitch stream about the free weekend, a kind of a countdown, that starts in 5 minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/SwordCoastLegends
Maybe some of you will actually have a good time this weekend and thank me for letting you know :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Act 2 and 3 are better than Act 1, so you'll have to stick in there a while to really appreciate it.

Just long enough to pass that 2 hour steam refund window eh?

You have a point there. But in the free weekend that starts in an hour (thursday to moday) you can actually play through the whole story campaign without paying a dime, at least if you go easy on the sidequests. I doubt a shill would have given you that secret!
BTW, if you're interested in checking out this game, there is a Twitch stream about the free weekend, a kind of a countdown, that starts in 5 minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/SwordCoastLegends
Maybe some of you will actually have a good time this weekend and thank me for letting you know :)
Not only you are a shill you put S in Shill.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey I'm not an advertiser of this game but let me fastly advertise a twitch stream about it and a promotional free weekend that will happen soon.
It's just that it's a D&D game finally after 9 years without half the boring elements of D&D so we must love it.
/not-advertizing-dude

toroks

Educated
Well, we (the fans and players of the game) aren't that many, and we want to be more to make a better game for all of us. That would be more people to join multiplayer games with, more potential modders, DMs and module makers. We also like to talk about the big happenings of the game in threads about the game. Isn't that normal?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Well, we (the fans and players of the game) aren't that many, and we want to be more to make a better game for all of us. That would be more people to join multiplayer games with, more potential modders, DMs and module makers. We also like to talk about the big happenings of the game in threads about the game. Isn't that normal?
No.

Fuck off.

vonAchdorf

Arcane

You think modders can fix the fundamental flaws of the DM mode?

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is normal.
But here on Codex we feed on fools like you.

Unless you are trolling here and feeding off butthurt. Than carry on :D

The sweet drama is fun to read :happytrollboy:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

It's logic like this that got you that tag.. Trolling is the final bastion of retarded shit posters.

I+really+like+trolls+i+think+trolling+is+hillarious+_ee6d9fcdec7fe4679dc0185da5a319aa.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Community Pack 3: December
  • Official introduction of mod support, including
  • Tile based level editor
  • Branching dialog editor
  • Adjustable game systems, ex: round timer, loot tables, etc.
  • Community facing development of these features to begin immediately
  • Option to disable monster level scaling in DM campaigns
  • Bug fixes and additional community feedback items as time allows

Will they release this update?

Mortmal

Arcane
It is normal.
But here on Codex we feed on fools like you.

The sweet drama is fun to read :happytrollboy:

No he just registered for this thread, hes not even a troll.They are trying to lure people cause sword coast is a disaster on every possible aspects.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It's logic like this that got you that tag.. Trolling is the final bastion of retarded shit posters.

I+really+like+trolls+i+think+trolling+is+hillarious+_ee6d9fcdec7fe4679dc0185da5a319aa.jpg
Not sure what you are on. He is one trolling, I am just enjoying sweet drama.

And I got my tag for disagreeing with a moderator's opinion about how I should raise my children. It is more like a badge of honor around here because while I am possibly that I know that everyone else is not just possibly because nobody can tell me how to raise my children and expect to be anything but retarded

toroks

Educated

You think modders can fix the fundamental flaws of the DM mode?
Can you be more specific? They did fix the ninja-loot problem in Community pack 2 that released 4th december:
Loot Changes: We’ve added individual loot as an option! Now you can pick up and keep anything you find without feeling guilty about it. Players who prefer traditional D&D shared loot can play that way too. Players will now be able to choose which type of looting that they would like in their games. The new option of individual loot means that players will only see items that they themselves can pick up and will not see the option to loot items designated for other players. In multiplayer games, players will see which looting option has been chosen by the game host in the server browser.

toroks

Educated
Community Pack 3: December
  • Official introduction of mod support, including
  • Tile based level editor
  • Branching dialog editor
  • Adjustable game systems, ex: round timer, loot tables, etc.
  • Community facing development of these features to begin immediately
  • Option to disable monster level scaling in DM campaigns
  • Bug fixes and additional community feedback items as time allows

Will they release this update?
Community Pack 1 and 2 released on scheduled time, so I'm guessing they will.

Telengard

Arcane
More like people asked again why WotC doesn't make yet another d&d game where they lose money.

Now, if the sales trajectory of Gold Box games wasn't downwards, or if we could pretend TOEE had been even playing in the same league as Baldur's Gate, we wouldn't be in this place we are in.

EDIT: Or if people would admit the rpg audience can't accept all-the-frills investment and purchase games made from a lower investment package deal, there'd be real d&d games again.
D:OS sold a million copies dumbfuck.

There's absolutely no reason why a competent pc exclusive turn based 5E D&D cRPG can't do the same. Notice I emphasize the word com|pe¦tent.
We're not talking about a minor-leaguer here, idiot. We're talking about a company who is going to be expected to produce a high-end game. DOS may have done a million, but there have always been some rpgs that do a million. Unfortunately, they are outliers, with 50,000-250,000 being way way more common. And, couple that average with the rpg audience's insistence that they deserve top quality product, and it ensures that rpgs remain a bad investment vehicle for investment money. And since rpgers insist on games with high quality graphics, but refuse to pay more per item, that means going to investment money.

Which is why turn-based d&d has been reduced to Facebook games and other low-investment vehicles.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
More like people asked again why WotC doesn't make yet another d&d game where they lose money.

Now, if the sales trajectory of Gold Box games wasn't downwards, or if we could pretend TOEE had been even playing in the same league as Baldur's Gate, we wouldn't be in this place we are in.

EDIT: Or if people would admit the rpg audience can't accept all-the-frills investment and purchase games made from a lower investment package deal, there'd be real d&d games again.
D:OS sold a million copies dumbfuck.

There's absolutely no reason why a competent pc exclusive turn based 5E D&D cRPG can't do the same. Notice I emphasize the word com|pe¦tent.
We're not talking about a minor-leaguer here, idiot. We're talking about a company who is going to be expected to produce a high-end game. DOS may have done a million, but there have always been some rpgs that do a million. Unfortunately, they are outliers, with 50,000-250,000 being way way more common. And, couple that average with the rpg audience's insistence that they deserve top quality product, and it ensures that rpgs remain a bad investment vehicle for investment money. And since rpgers insist on games with high quality graphics, but refuse to pay more per item, that means going to investment money.

Which is why turn-based d&d has been reduced to Facebook games and other low-investment vehicles.
:retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom