Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends Pre-Release Thread

Neanderthal

Arcane
Makes you wonder what they think of their audience? I mean all this handholding, streamlining and accessibility really shouts that they think they're dealing with five year olds, not blokes who've been playing for twenty or so years. Then again you look at arse licking and squeeing on some other forums, obsession wi romance by saddos, and the sales figures of utterly shit games and you can kind of understand.

Fuck me i'm becoming a jaded fucker, its your fault Codex!

Space Insect

Arcane
I can't wait for the typical Bioware romances in a game not even made by Bioware. "Drizzt is now romanceable by both males and females!" And then we will see the true horror of Drizzt fanfictions.

pippin

Drizzt is still a profitable character because retards write fanfiction about him 24/7. RA Salvatore had to retcon several events (mostly character's deaths) because his editors won't have him kill the sacred cow.

Makes you wonder what they think of their audience? I mean all this handholding, streamlining and accessibility really shouts that they think they're dealing with five year olds, not blokes who've been playing for twenty or so years. Then again you look at arse licking and squeeing on some other forums, obsession wi romance by saddos, and the sales figures of utterly shit games and you can kind of understand.

I wonder how many Bioware fans are following this. But when people ask for romances, they're only asking if the game will have sex scenes or not.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
What pushes games to sell over million most of the time is production values,not romances,accessibility or streamlining.They ofc are product of cutting corners to fit better graphics,3d animations,voiced dialog and so on.

Space Insect

Arcane
What pushes games to sell over million most of the time is production values,not romances,accessibility or streamlining.They ofc are product of cutting corners to fit better graphics,3d animations,voiced dialog and so on.
I'm still sure romances help a lot because who doesn't love a bit of choose-your-own-adventure sex?

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
WOTC Executive: We need to have romances in our games because we all know that once a person becomes a "gamer" they stay virgin for life.

Or at the very least, their brains will remain virginal, if they keep playing these things.

butchy

Prospernaut
This is more of a travesty because its 5e, the edition that kinda does away with most magic items.

Why do people keep saying this is 5e? This is a made up system that used not even one rule from 5e. I know I'd have a lot less nerd rage if this wasn't falsely advertised as 5e and there weren't a bunch of fucking crack addled monkeys on the steam forum claiming it is so 5e it just isn't all the rules but is like NWNs.

I am not a fan of NWNs due to the awful RTwP combat, but at least you can clearly tell NWN 1 and 2 were based on and included a ton of 3/3.5 rules, and modified some, and left a few out. And it angers me I have to defend NWN 1 and 2 like they are the epitome of crpgs from people even stupider than your average stupid.

This game just came up with their completely own system and says 5e! And they have their little politicians out their spamming their spin saying 5e! Where? Tell me a rule they used?

They should have advertised it as Gauntlet in the Forgotten Realms with DM mode. And I'm not saying that's bad. I much prefer an action combat system over shit ass RTwP (unless it is done right like Aarklash), but don't lie to my face. It better it would have sold better that way. They crowd they are targeting would love it, and people who prefer the truth wouldn't have nerd rage.

Also, these monkey developers seriously stated that they decided to have a list for an inventory before they decided to focus on the controller UI and consoles. That is a crazy ass lie that isn't just obviously a lie but makes them seem extremely incompetent and with no taste at all. Its like game companies are politicians, and like people who like politicians their fans will just defend them no matter what. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and speak with your wallet. If you blatantly lie right to my face the chances of me buying your game at any time before there is a 90% off sale is zero.

pippin

This game just came up with their completely own system and says 5e!

That's the thing. When it was first announced, SCL was meant to be the first crpg version of 5e, which kept a few people interested because 5e is supposed to be good. ALthough anything can be good when you compare it to 4e, but I did a quick read of some books and it's alright in a legit way. Now we know the truth about that.
Aarklash did it right because it had better encounters as well, right from the start. I still haven't finished it but the fights were very fun.

butchy

Prospernaut
That's the thing. When it was first announced, SCL was meant to be the first crpg version of 5e, which kept a few people interested because 5e is supposed to be good. ALthough anything can be good when you compare it to 4e, but I did a quick read of some books and it's alright in a legit way. Now we know the truth about that.
Aarklash did it right because it had better encounters as well, right from the start. I still haven't finished it but the fights were very fun.

You, sir, are a man after my own heart.

Space Insect

Arcane
Why do people keep saying this is 5e? This is a made up system that used not even one rule from 5e. I know I'd have a lot less nerd rage if this wasn't falsely advertised as 5e and there weren't a bunch of fucking crack addled monkeys on the steam forum claiming it is so 5e it just isn't all the rules but is like NWNs.

I am not a fan of NWNs due to the awful RTwP combat, but at least you can clearly tell NWN 1 and 2 were based on and included a ton of 3/3.5 rules, and modified some, and left a few out. And it angers me I have to defend NWN 1 and 2 like they are the epitome of crpgs from people even stupider than your average stupid.

This game just came up with their completely own system and says 5e! And they have their little politicians out their spamming their spin saying 5e! Where? Tell me a rule they used?

They should have advertised it as Gauntlet in the Forgotten Realms with DM mode. And I'm not saying that's bad. I much prefer an action combat system over shit ass RTwP (unless it is done right like Aarklash), but don't lie to my face. It better it would have sold better that way. They crowd they are targeting would love it, and people who prefer the truth wouldn't have nerd rage.

Also, these monkey developers seriously stated that they decided to have a list for an inventory before they decided to focus on the controller UI and consoles. That is a crazy ass lie that isn't just obviously a lie but makes them seem extremely incompetent and with no taste at all. Its like game companies are politicians, and like people who like politicians their fans will just defend them no matter what. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and speak with your wallet. If you blatantly lie right to my face the chances of me buying your game at any time before there is a 90% off sale is zero.
I actually haven't watched all of the streams of it but do they use the D&D str, dex, con, wis, int, cha stats?

I'm loving this. I called this shit from day one. Fuck these guys and their slimy, scheming, and purposefully misleading PR. I have my popcorn ready to watch this mother burrrrrnnnnn.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still sure romances help a lot because who doesn't love a bit of choose-your-own-adventure sex?

I don't think that's the big point of criticism this game deserves. I personally never saw the romances in BG2 or DA as anything else than another quest, but they don't bother me too much. I understand, these are videogames after all, and a big portion of the audience is teeny, so what the heck, I don't mind if there's romance or sex in it, or if part of the content is a bit childish. Just give me a good game, fun to explore, challenges that take effort to beat and scale up not only in numbers, things to optimize and tweak, etc., and I'll just ignore the content I don't like or don't care about. The problem with this game is that it's just another 60 hour tutorial, and that can't be ignored.

Space Insect

Arcane
This game will probably be worse than Dragon Age 2 with how linear those dungeons look. I mean, they don't even try to make the dungeons look branching it is literally a straight path.

Space Insect

Arcane
Perhaps in true D&D CRPG fashion, the pathfinding will be trash and to fix that they could only have a perfectly straight path through the level.

Weasel
Was bored so checked up on their latest "head start" session drama. Game is going up in the world as it's attracted a Sensuki:

https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/4717-the-lab/

On the downside, the cutting-edge graphics will probably be too much for the average Codex toaster:

R9 270x here, it runs but it's brutally slow. In fact I just launched it a few min ago it's still stuck on the title screen. I'm thinking I'm asking for my money back.

Once the game is running things aren't as hot but they are still far hotter than any other game I play. Launching the game actually takes upwards of 5 minutes which is nuts. 5 minutes of it sitting on the title window grey'd out with the window not responding message until it eventually "works."

I can´t play with so slow framerate 7 FPS hope for better luck next time.

Holy cow! the loading between every level is worse than Bloodborne at release.

i got an msi gaming laptop i7-4710HQ cpu, ssd hard drive, 16gb ram, with a nvidia 970 m gt graphic card and i can the play the game only on the lowest graphic settings. funny thing is that even with low everything game doesnt run smooth.

Old Hans

Arcane
man, I cant believe anyone would want to play this piece of junk. It looks like one of those early 2000's eastern Europe diablo clones you'd accidently stumble apon back in the day.

pippin

SO not only they don't know how to D&D, they also can't optimize a PC-oriented game to save their lives.
Is there something they can actually do?

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe it runs perfectly on the consoles it's actually made for. Naturally being rendered at 720p and upscaled to 1080p or whatever.

I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner, but the focus on console casuals must be the reason the DM mode is so god damn limited. "I don't have time to lay down fucking dungeon tiles, I have a life! I just want to chill 'n kill some orkz with my bros! Awesome to the max!"

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Maybe it runs perfectly on the consoles it's actually made for. Naturally being rendered at 720p and upscaled to 1080p or whatever.

I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner, but the focus on console casuals must be the reason the DM mode is so god damn limited. "I don't have time to lay down fucking dungeon tiles, I have a life! I just want to chill 'n kill some orkz with my bros! Awesome to the max!"
Sounds like it was really made for D&D players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom