Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Swen Vincke's Divinity: Original Sin 2 Presentation at EGX Rezzed 2017

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I hope there isn't a repeat of a patch that added quest markers, "balance", and awful voice acting to the game.

That wasn't a 'patch' (accuracy is usually a good thing), that was the EE 'remaking'. Making it even worse, lol, as it was a deliberate, conscious shift towards popamoling.
But yes, 101% on markers, locked areas, etc. Though frankly i'm certain we'll be getting it all again; if not now, soon enough.

Tentative on voice overs. We don't have enough info to know if this was choice or mere necessity. Actors have schedules, other obligations, time-pecific contracts, etc. It being why adding content a year and a half later can be problematic (and avoided by other studios, guess Larian had to learn the hard way). May well be they couldn't book them at the time they needed them and so had to compromise.
Of course you're entitled to just say "this sucked" and call it a day, you don't have to make excuses for Larian.

Am only differentiating because all this, all of it, is the price paid. This is what happens when you enter a market dominated by retards. Those "AAA" values, they gotta come from somewhere.
And before you say 'we don't care, we are ""different"" ', yes, you do. Count the spastics commenting on graphics in this game, in Torment, in PoE, etc. Count' em :)

This is the price. Enjoy your "freedom", "equality" and "diversity" in all its glory. They do too.
I wonder if appeasing the consoletards with EE even ended up with good sales for those versions of the game.

Aenra

I wonder if appeasing the consoletards with EE even ended up with good sales for those versions of the game.

Typical juvenile Codexer. Skips the point entirely, goes edgy on something else, post complete.
How did they "appease" them exactly? Whatever's wrong with D:OS, it was so before they were even approached for a port. This is your PC Master race at fault dude, no one else. The port happened later, the port was literally just that, a port. Nothing cut, nothing dumbed down.

As to sales.. i don't stalk follow the sale charts so cannot say. They said it went real well.. and even if it didn't go all that well, remember it was a publisher coming to them and offering, not the other way round. They definitely got money of out it, but even that is secondary. The primary bonus was their expanding their target audience. So i see it anyway (as to what this entails, to each their own i guess).

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Typical juvenile Codexer. Skips the point entirely, goes edgy on something else, post complete.
How did they "appease" them exactly? Whatever's wrong with D:OS, it was so before they were even approached for a port. This is your PC Master race at fault dude, no one else. The port happened later, the port was literally just that, a port. Nothing cut, nothing dumbed down.

As to sales.. i don't stalk follow the sale charts so cannot say. They said it went real well.. and even if it didn't go all that well, remember it was a publisher coming to them and offering, not the other way round. They definitely got money of out it, but even that is secondary. The primary bonus was their expanding their target audience. So i see it anyway (as to what this entails, to each their own i guess).
nothing dumbed down

Aenra

O.K., so you're not young, you're just retarded. I get it now.

(i try with everyone once)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah dudes I'm blind to the fact that most of you are turn based fags.

FUCK TB.

Codex is a place of many. People with different opinions on stuff disagreeing and often lashing out on eachother angrily.. you got trolls, serious dudes, trannies and pure neckbeards and basement dwellers

But saying TB is shit (even if it's troll), is most likely to garner you universally hatred on this place. Way to go, friend :D

Quillon

Arcane
But saying TB is shit (even if it's troll), is most likely to garner you universally hatred on this place. Way to go, friend

If the rest of the game is good and interesting to me I will play that TB game(f.i. can't wait for Expeditions Viking) however that doesn't change my opinion of TB systems & while it isn't exactly so I like to say its shit & "fuck TB" cos that's what I saw how everyone else is doing in the codex when they shit on some game or game mechanic or whatever so what I'm trying to say is FUCK YOU! HOW DARE YOU FUCKING CUCK RETADRED ADVISE ME ON HOW TO BEHAVE IN CODEX!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom