Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SWAT 4: one of those non-generic FPSs that deserves a sequel

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm replaying the game and still find it to be great, although the rules of engagement thing starts to irk me a bit.
Missions that have heavily armed bank robbers or terorrists who have already fired shots and killed/hurt people (red library, diamond vault, hospital, biolab) should allow you to shot on sight anyone with a weapon who doesn't immidiately comply with you orders - that would be realistic.

I've completed the game on hard now but I think it was a bit frustrating. It plays best on normal imho, where you have a bit more leeway when it comes to "unathorized use of force".

/necro

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Given the continuing success of RS Siege, I can imagine that other publishers will try to get a slice of that co-op tactical FPS cake. SO, I imagine that SWAT reboot/sequel is within the realm of possibility.

Narushima

Cipher
This is one of the very few games I like replaying from time to time.

If you do play it, I recommend the Elite Force mod. It does the stupid thing that many mods do and adds a pointless number of guns, but it also fixes a lot of things (when you order one of your guys to cuff a suspect, he will now actually report it to TOC!) and restores cut content.

Also, here is a very in-depth analysis of the game:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom