Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Nuclear Riders (FINISHED GAME!)

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hey guys,

Recently, I have been participating in the RPGMaker contest to develop a game called "Super Nuclear Riders", It is a simple, short and crazy tactical RPG game that I, along with my musicbro, Colin Tremingway, developed using Construct 2.

AqDGoFH.gif

i4xBLmn.gif

HjBBDfv.gif

1I3RD8H.gif

GqV1bNR.gif

If you want play the game, simply go to this webpage http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/460#.U7M41flxVcZ and download the game, for free :).

I would be very happy that if you enjoy the game, you would take the time to vote for me in the contest by clicking the blue button on the top of the webpage.
It would also be very encouraging for me.

Mods if I posted this in the wrong section, please kick move me to the correct section.

Thanks in advance!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looks sweet but bad timing, everyone is devoting their lives to D:OS right now

The takkktikkkal super sentai concept is p. cool though

funkadelik

Arcane
Omg those graphics are so early 90s, that means the gameplay is probably outdated too.

Get back to me when you update this game to the CryEngine 4.0. K, thx.

sbb

Learned
So did you use RPG Maker... or construct 2?

sbb

Learned
So, nobody here will play the game?
Damn, now I am sad ;_;
Don't worry man it's on my desktop. I'm going to play it very soon and probably tell you what a good job you did because it looks great

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Damn, now I am sad ;_;
Normally I don't just play any new game that crops up even if it is free because it distracts from my humungous backlog of games that I already have but in this case I will make an exception since you're an agdg bro and this looks interesting enuff. Will give impressions later when I've had the time to play it and will vote for it if I like what I see.

Damn, now I am sad ;_;
Normally I don't just play any new game that crops up even if it is free because it distracts from my humungous backlog of games that I already have but in this case I will make an exception since you're an agdg bro and this looks interesting enuff. Will give impressions later when I've had the time to play it and will vote for it if I like what I see.

Thank you, that's all I ask for.

Damn, now I am sad ;_;
Don't worry man it's on my desktop. I'm going to play it very soon and probably tell you what a good job you did because it looks great

Awesome bro, enjoy the game!

ColCol

Arcane
Hey, saw this on twitter. Nice, it looks good. Will give it a try tonight or Tom.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Okay, after several failed attempts to download this due to a hueg thunderstorm crapping up my connection somehow I finally got it.
Fj8MBxe.png

Starting it up it seems promising, with a pumped up soundtrack and shit.
PR9FwjJ.png

Then I tried to actually begin playing and realized that it was one of THOSE games. The controls are all whack for no good reason not following any standardized pattern except with the cursor keys. After much buttan pressing I finally managed to get into the controls menu and found out why.
dla99Bh.png

Turns out that this free indie PC game was a secret Xbox port all along. The default controls are Dark Souls level atrocious, especially on my non-american keyboard. But as I already am running the game I might as well see the rest of it, I'll just remap the controls to fit for my generic controller I thought. Think again, the button presses doesn't even register and I would likely have to use some damn controller to keyboard converter program to play this, not doing that. Woo, let's design the game to be played with a game controller and let's not support anything other than microsoft products. I sure hope you're getting MS money for this. Even so I simply made a new keybinding scheme that's not targeted at deep ones and moved on.
SknqzWn.png

All right, let's get down to business and defeat the scums.
3GASq66.png

Woha.
D9l6QTV.png

:yeah:
The actual gameplay was pretty fun, very good for a contest entry. Nice robust basic mechanics. If I had any critique to make here it would be that I just wanted more of everything, but that's more of a compliment than anything else. Better controls wouldn't be all that bad either.
B4ouK4I.png

The writing was another highlight, it was funny. I didn't notice the music after a while, so I guess that means that it does its job.
7.9/10

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Your ass is going to get sued by whoever owns the Power Rangers IP.

Thanks for your review and sorry for the controls crap that you have to endure. :hug:
Lessons learned for my other games.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Thanks for your review and sorry for the controls crap that you have to endure. :hug:
Lessons learned for my other games.
Well, you made them rebind-able so it's not that bad once I was all set up. I don't get why you spent so much effort on the controller though, I guess it's good practice if you're going to release anything on Xbox Marketplace or whatever they call it these days. The devs who made Outer Wilds which another game that I really liked that was hampered by control issues did the same thing but even worse since they didn't even want to display the keyboard controls and it was also only released for free on PC. I just don't get it. Anyway, you got my vote.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's more how uncannily the protagonists resemble the power rangers (well, the uniforms). I guess the Voltron cat pilot dudes had sort of similar uniforms.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's more likely to get sued from Cleve for stealing his nuclear-art assets than get sued from Power Rangers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom