Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion of great exclusive Pc games, any genre will do

Lanky6

Novice
i don't really have that much knowledge of what games are great and what isn't, especially when it comes to pc games. basically what am asking for is personal opinions of which pc games are worth playing.
Edit *basically mad the OP more straight to the point*

Last edited:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lately i have been trying to increase my video game knowledge by buying console and games of all generation. as am young, i don't really have that much knowledge of what games are great and what isn't, especially when it comes to pc games. basically what am asking for is personal opinions of which pc games are worth playing to get a better appreciation of true pc gaming. i dont mind suggestion of any genre and any era of games.

Really boy? Your first post and it is already give people cancer? Edit it for love of god. And "TRUE PC gaming"...
:nocountryforshitposters:

Lanky6

Novice
lol had a feeling this would be my first reply, u guys kill me. what i mean by true pc exclusive, nothing that touched console, like doom, quake 2, diablo 3, civilization etc. something like rome total war, or sins of a solar empire that is a true pc exclusive it never went to consoles

Cadmus

Arcane
The Codex has made me into a paranoid asshole so that now I see all these threads as a troll attempt.
I will try to rid my heart of this degeneracy now by responding to the OP. Lord have mercy on me.

Firstly, the codex top games are worth playing.

Second, I'll list the games that I think are REALLY worth playing and have played myself
my favourites are (in the order I'm remembering them):
Operation Flashpoint,
Mafia,
Hidden and Dangerous 2,
all the Hitmans except for the last one which is shit.
Age of Empires 2-3. Red Alert 2.
C&C Generals,
Tiberiums Wars. Warcraft 3.
Lineage 2 C4-5 only
Commandos 2
Day of Defeat
Counter-Strike
Jedi Knight 2 + Jedi Academy
Thief 2
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Syberia
Divinity 1, 2 and OS
Diablo 1+2
Disciples 2
Homam 3 + 4
League of Legends
Cossacks
Broken Sword (only 1)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Blade of Darkness
GTA 3+VC+SA

That's all I can remember now. If you like their genres you can't go wrong with any of them, imo.
I don't know which ones are PC exclusive but they are all better played on PC unless you're a retard who can't aim with a mouse. If you come back and actually care about it, I'll write stuff for each game what makes it good etc.

Last edited:

Lanky6

Novice
The Codex has made me into a paranoid asshole so that now I see all these threads as a troll attempt.
I will try to rid my heart of this degeneracy now by responding to the OP. Lord have mercy on me.

Firstly, the codex top games are worth playing.

Second, I'll list the games that I think are REALLY worth playing and have played myself
my favourites are (in the order I'm remembering them):
Operation Flashpoint,
Mafia,
Hidden and Dangerous 2,
all the Hitmans except for the last one which is shit.
Age of Empires 2-3. Red Alert 2.
C&C Generals,
Tiberiums Wars. Warcraft 3.
Lineage 2 C4-5 only
Commandos 2
Day of Defeat
Counter-Strike
Jedi Knight 2 + Jedi Academy
Thief 2
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament
Syberia
Divinity 1, 2 and OS
Diablo 1+2
Disciples 2
Homam 3 + 4
League of Legends
Cossacks
Broken Sword (only 1)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Blade of Darkness
GTA 3+VC+SA

That's all I can remember now. If you like their genres you can't go wrong with any of them, imo.
I don't know which ones are PC exclusive but they are all better played on PC unless you're a retard who can't aim with a mouse. If you come back and actually care about it, I'll write stuff for each game what makes it good etc.
lol thank you that list helps, considering i havent heard of some of those. games that must be played with a keyboard and mouse are actually high priority on what i want to play

Cadmus

Arcane
Good luck, Lanky6 and keep us updated about what you discover!
I forgot to mention Stronghold 1 and Max Payne although I'm sure MPs came out on some shitbox too.
Incubation is great if you like puzzle-ish tactical squad TB games.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Good list Cadmus, some of my favorite games that are not on your list:

Thief

Doom 1 and 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Outlaws
Quake
Unreal

System Shock 1 and 2
Lands of Lore
Ultima Underworld
Fallout 1 and 2

Interstate 76
Carmageddon 1 and 2 (3 is crap)

Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
Startopia
Worms Armageddon

MI1 MI2 MI3
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max hit the Road
Grim Fandango

Crimson Skies

I know some of these games are not "PC exclusives".

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane

Thief

Doom 1 and 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Quake
Unreal

Lands of Lore
Ultima Underworld
Fallout 1 and 2

Interstate 76

System Shock 1 and 2
Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
Startopia
I played Doom and Thief and Blood and all those games but I don't think I've ever finished them and frankly they bore me. Fallouts are included in the codex list which I mentioned. I played only demo of SS2 and while it was great I never got around to playing the full game. DK2 was kinda small and while I played it a bit and it was innovative, I just always considered it a little bit too gimmicky and not enough substance and depth.

I think the Doom generation FPSs always left me wanting more out of the game. Better graphics or controls or more sense in the gameworld or something. I understand that's kinda a faggot statement to make because they are considered hardcore but the next generation of games was more fun to me, like Q3, Project IGI and these. They stopped looking like ass, the 3D got real and with it the gore and stuff, the M4 gun was still a novelty and maybe the games became less of a treadmill of killing endless waves of shitty sprite enemies. I still think kinda highly of them, for example Blood had a great art direction and atmosphere but they just don't do it for me.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's actually funny trying to only list games that are PC exclusives, plenty of old stuff got ported to consoles, like Starcraft, Diablo 1, Might and Magic 2, the early Wizardries and Ultimas...

Anyways, my 2 cents are the microprose games. Master of Magic and Master of Orion are both classics. More recently, I'd rate Eador: Genesis and Knights of the Chalice quite highly as well. Also pretty much the entire roguelike genre. IVAN, Crawl, Nethack, ADOM, ToME, Angband and it's million variants... good stuff. Oh, and dwarf fortress. Factorio is also really cool.

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't see the point of strictly trying to talk about the games that were not ported to the consoles. What's important is that they were made for PC in the complexity, control scheme and hardware demands.

Lanky6

Novice
lol damn the list are getting pretty big, but good thing i saved up money for this so am alright.
I don't see the point of strictly trying to talk about the games that were not ported to the consoles. What's important is that they were made for PC in the complexity, control scheme and hardware demands.
i understand what your saying, i dont mind any game that is suggested and thank all the people who are contributing. my thinking of pc games, from what i remember playing them young, is just how much more complex they were compare to console games at the time. so that why i want to look at pc games that never came to consoles first, or whatever is on sale.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well. Maybe I little overreacted but still you can edit that post Lanky. Best PC games? It depends on your taste, almost every genre have it own hidden treasures. It is very hard to give them all in one topic.
Some of them:
- Wizardly V-VII
- Might and Magic series (not all of it but most)
- Thief series (3 is little weaker then 1 and 2 but still not crap like this new reebot)
- Divinity series.
- Ultima IV,V,VII and Underworld.
- Fallout 1 and 2 (Don't ever touch 3. Just saying)
- Ishar series
- Dwarf Fortress
- ADOM
- Hitman (almost every part)
- Planescape Torment (Plot, not mechanics. Fight sucks, but worth it)
- Darklands
- Max Payne 2
- Arcanum (mechanics are kinda bad but still worth it)
- NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer
- Betrayal at Krondor
- King of Dragon Pass

And more. Other people give you some games already so I think this is enough for now.

Lanky6

Novice
Well. Maybe I little overreacted but still you can edit that post Lanky. Best PC games? It depends on your taste, almost every genre have it own hidden treasures. It is very hard to give them all in one topic.
Some of them:
- Wizardly V-VII
- Might and Magic series (not all of it but most)
- Thief series (3 is little weaker then 1 and 2 but still not crap like this new reebot)
- Divinity series.
- Ultima IV,V,VII and Underworld.
- Fallout 1 and 2 (Don't ever touch 3. Just saying)
- Ishar series
- Dwarf Fortress
- ADOM
- Hitman (almost every part)
- Planescape Torment (Plot, not mechanics. Fight sucks, but worth it)
- Darklands
- Max Payne 2
- Arcanum (mechanics are kinda bad but still worth it)
- NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer
- Betrayal at Krondor
- King of Dragon Pass

And more. Other people give you some games already so I think this is enough for now.
lol o am well aware of the codexen culture, i would be suprised if you overreact lol but its why i like person reccomendation of games, never heard of atleast half of those games so i like playing a game with no real spoilers on what it is.

Thief

Doom 1 and 2
Duke Nukem 3D
Blood
Outlaws
Quake
Unreal

System Shock 1 and 2
Lands of Lore
Ultima Underworld
Fallout 1 and 2

Interstate 76

Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
Startopia
Worms Armageddon

MI1 MI2 MI3
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max hit the Road
Grim Fandango

Crimson Skies

I know some of these games are not "PC exclusives".
and your list is by far the most interesting to me considering i never heard of most of those lol

TripJack

Hedonist
rpg
see codex top 70 rpg list for ideas

fps
doom, heretic, hexen, strife
blood, shadow warrior, duke 3d
system shocks, thiefs
quake
dark forces / jedi knights
serious sam
desu ex
STALKER
operation flashpoint, ARMA

strategy
sid meier's alpha centauri
populous, dungeon keeper
master of orion
jagged alliance
age of wonders
homeworld
x-com
steel panthers
imperialism
crusader kings, victoria, hearts of iron
space rangers 2

enjoy

Last edited:

Johannes

Arcane
Fucking pointless thread, you want recommendations for any possible PC games that are good? There's a whole forum you can freely browse and about all of them are about PC games.

Drax

Arcane
cloneprev.png

Lanky6

Novice
Fucking pointless thread, you want recommendations for any possible PC games that are good? There's a whole forum you can freely browse and about all of them are about PC games.
hmm thats a excellent point. i better do that in the meantime maybe ill find more intersting suggestions, thanks.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Play Mount and Blade, this game is awesome and one of a kind. You get to be a medieval knight.
If you're interested in space combat try X-Wing/Tie Fighter(you'll need a joystick for these two, but it's really worth it) and Freespace for dogfighting in space. For more realistic gameplay check Independence War and the sequel Edge of Chaos.
Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret - fun to play and violent isometric shooters with awesome music. (some people bitched about the controls scheme, it's not so bad imo, don't be a pussy)
Dune 1 - very interesting and atmospheric game, hybrid of adventure/storyfag game and a simple strategy game.
Mechwarrior series, if you like mechs and stuff. Heavy Gear(especially HG2) is also worth playing byt I don't know if it runs on modern computers.
You should try some point and click adventure games since it's a typical PC genre. I don't know what would be good for a newfag though. These are some of my favourite games in the genre: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Blade Runner, Dreamweb, Beneath a Steel Sky, Primordia (this is a new game with "retro" graphics, looks like from 1993 but has a modern interface maybe try this one), Shadow of the Comet (awesome game but shitty interface)
Some cool old FPP games: Alien Vs Predator, Shogo, Kingpin,
One cool not so old FPP game: Eye: Divine Cybermancy
Star Control 2 - interesting game about space exploration, it's old but there aren't many games like it.
Not mentioning any rpgs since there's the codex top list for that.

Last edited:

Lanky6

Novice
lol damn thats for putting in the effort to recommend all these games. you people cost me like like 71 dollars this is what i bought taking suggestion from everyone and seeing what gog.com had on sale
*Edit* added mount & blade and daikatana
  • Descent: Freespace Battle Pack
  • Disciples 2 Gold
  • Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
  • Master of Orion 1+2
  • Star Control 1+2
  • Dungeon Keeper™ 2
  • Thief™ 2: The Metal Age
  • King of Dragon Pass
  • Eador: Genesis
  • Mount and Blade
  • daikatana
  • Jagged Alliance
  • Pure Pinball 2 REDUX
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • Master of Magic
  • Crusader: No Remorse™
  • Darklands
  • Ultima™ 8 Gold Edition
  • Divinity 2: Developer's Cut
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom