Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Styx: Shards of Darkness - Styx: Master of Shadows sequel

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Found this somewhere:

LGmF45J.jpg

:lol:

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
As probably some of you know by now, I like to do Youtube videos on games. The next one will be on Styx: Shards of Darkness. Unfortunately, due to the genre, price tag and good game glut I was left alone on this one by my usual gaming group.

I'd like to mess around with the co-op feature so I can properly judge it thus I'd like to ask if anyone is interested in playing together. Most likely through Discord.

I will probably end up using a clip in the critique so bear in mind I will record everything.

Good English and a healthy mental state would be a definite plus :M

flyingjohn

Arcane
Which one should i buy first, SoD or MoS?
I am guessing you are buying through steam.
Buys SoD and play for an hour,that way if you don't like it you can get a refund.
The sequel improves on every element,but if you don't like the original you won't like the sequel.
And remember this is a stealth game unlike cyanide other games,if you don't like the stealth mechanics there is nothing else there to hold your interest.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the goblin difficulty don't even let you fight.

if enemy detected you and you rushed to them head on, you got OHKO'D.

me like :incline:

the game is brutal

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh yeah, i didnt play the first one in goblin.

The first game forged me tho. I usee to play thief games and such by knocking out everyone then explore. Since it doesnt allow that it forced me to adapt and be crafty.

Never play games the cowardly way again after styx.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Every time you let him die he comes at your screen with a lame joke and kills a part of your soul.

Parabalus

Arcane
The game is fantastic.

The fucking story is better than Torment:Tides of Numanuma.

Styx rants slowly start to annoy me. Is he more childish as opposed to grim in previous game or is it just me?

I haven't played the previous game but Styx is just a charmer, especially the death screens, haven't seen anything so brilliant in any game ever.

After 2 missions played with skill trees and there isnt much stuff that enhances pacifist-no alarm walk throughs(invis i consider cheating)

Yeah I've been ghosting without much amber use too, most stuff seems useless to skill up. I just put everything into perception to get the thief insignia vision.

As for cloning: anyone found stealthy use for egg throwing and\or clone swap yet? Im talking about doing so to reach some place without detection

I haven't, makes me feel like an idiot for not finding any creative uses. Only used them in the prologue and to disarm egg-traps after a boss so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom