Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones. A Lovecraftian Computer Rpg.

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Scrawled, Mar 20, 2016.

1. hell bovinegender: ⚧ Magister

hell bovine
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Taka-Haradin puolipeikkogender: ⚧ Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
  3. Morality Gamesgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Morality Games
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Can't come out soon enough. Never thought anyone would actually make a "CoC" game in this style.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. mudgender: ⚧ Literate

mud
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    Sounds fun. The Outsider is one of my favourite stories as well, so a companion based on the character is very interesting for me. I hope you can reconsider bloated exploration UI for a more efficient approach however.

^ Top  
  5. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    I quite like the UI the way it is. It looks stylish and extremely functional. What do you want, a radial wheel?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. mudgender: ⚧ Literate

mud
    Parrots:
    please don't misrepresent my comment with accusations of consolization request. I was very clear about what I want. Bloat is not functional.

• retadred retadred x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but what exactly do you want? I see a picture with red lines above and below the icons and a red box around the tentacles. Do they indicate what to get rid of, or that the icons belong in the box, or what?

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Grathanichgender: ⚧ Novice

Grathanich
    Parrots:
    The combat designer of the game is a good friend of mine (and the drummer of my former band). I can personally vouch for his knowledge of the oldschool gaming approach. When I heard they promoted the game here, I told him "even if you make the best game ever, I wouldn't really share it there because these are the type of guys who actually write multiple-page articles to prove Fallout 1 is better than Fallout 2" but it's cool to see they won you over. I'm sure we'll not be disappointed at all.

• Informative x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. ---gender: ⚧ Magister

---
    Parrots:
    :mrpresident:

Fallout 1 is for plebs :obviously:

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TOUGH GUYgender: ⚧ Educated

TOUGH GUY
    Parrots:
    Why spend many pages on such a simple truth?

• Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. M0RBUSgender: ⚧ Augur

M0RBUS
    Parrots:
    But Fallout 1 is better than Fallout 2. The only reason why multiple pages are required is that some people can't understand that without reading multiple pages explaining why.

• Brofist x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    And now for 36 pages about Fallout in the Stygian thread.

• Excited! x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. screeggender: ⚧ Iron Tower Studio Developer

screeg
    Parrots:
    Because there is no man so blind as him who will not see.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Florian Gheorghegender: ⚧ Savant

Florian Gheorghe
    Parrots:
    This game is , for me, the most interesting game out there. It has the potential of being original, creepy, fun, and raise up to the incline as Underrail and Age of Decadence. November of 2017 can't come sooner :D
    How come this is not developed for consoles?:incline: What would InXile do? :mixedemotions:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ---gender: ⚧ Magister

---
    Parrots:
    Fixed :cool:

• decline decline x 1
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Zombragender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Cyberarmygender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'll be headin to Istanbul in november, maybe I infiltrate their stronghold and question them for the glory of RPG Codex. Someone need to show them the true power of abyss!

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Carcerigender: ⚧ Arcane

Carceri
    Parrots:
    Second tier questions I assume.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Make America Great Again Naelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Nael
    Parrots:
    DO IT.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. GandGolfgender: ⚧ Learned

GandGolf
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Scrawledgender: ⚧ Cultic Games Developer

Scrawled
    Parrots:
    Greetings from the fathomless catacombs of İstanbul!

We now announce the "Cultist of the Week" contest which will start at December 5, 2016 and last until February 27, 2017.

All we want from you is to send us your unusual photos (or videos) depicting you as a member of the Secret Society in your own way.

In this thirteen weeks period, we will select a photo (or video) every week from the pool of your submissions, just like the gif of the cultist on the hoverboard located below this description. At the end of the contest, one of the thirteen contestant cultists -whom will be chosen by you- will receive the dark gift: Your portrait as a cultist in Stygian. The proclamation of the damned will be at March 13, 2017, 13:00 (3:00 PM, UTC +3, Turkey).

The story behind the submitted art must be creative in order for the contestant to be competitive among fellow cultists.

Submit your photographs and videos to info@culticgames.com with your name attached. Feel free to leave a message to us if you wish.

Dark regards from Team Cultic

#cultistoftheweek

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. anus_poundergender: ⚧ Arcane

anus_pounder
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Salute Salute x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. hemtaegender: ⚧ Learned Patron

hemtae
    Parrots:
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Welcome to the Fathomless Depths of Stygian's Inventory System!

Show Spoiler

Greetings Fellow Collectors of Eldritch Artifacts!

In this update we'd like to share Stygian's inventory system.

Let's start with a video showcasing the system, and then talk more about its features and our design approach.

Stygian's inventory consists of the following sections:

Paper Doll - shows all the items the player currently has equipped, including weapons, outfits, artifacts, a backpack and things of that sort. We are pretty sensitive about customization and aim to display the player's choices with as many visual representations as possible. We're also designing unique models for special items such as rare weapons and gadgets. We are keenly aware of the fact that we RPG players love to play with our dolls, preferably voodoo dolls...

[​IMG]
    Equip your character, in style...
    Statistics - shows almost all of the secondary statistics which affect combat and exploration. Potential effects of the items will be displayed as a tool-tip in the form of colored numeric modifiers.

[​IMG]
    We haven't forgotten you Min-Max scholars
    Party inventory - shows all items in the party's possession. Stygian uses a shared inventory system so you won't need to spend time shifting carried items from one character to another. Less item management, more black magic, count us in!

[​IMG]
    Did we tell you that we're also fans of adventure games?
    Item category tabs - grant easy access to all the items you'll need to prolong your hopeless struggle against the shapeless horrors of the abyss. Tabs are divided into the following categories: Weapons and ammo, outfits, consumables, tools and gadgets, artifacts, books and tomes, quest-related items, miscellaneous, and of course the favorites tab, which can be customized by the player.

[​IMG]
    Quick items - allows you to set certain items to be instantly available during combat and exploration. Don't forget to add your favorite smokes to one of the quick item slots. Cigarettes are essential for reducing stress but remember not to smoke them all because the Cigs have become Arkham's rising currency!

[​IMG]

As you can see, we tried to build upon the inventory features typical of western role playing games while balancing convenience and thematic flavor. We also chose to use larger icons for our items in order to include more detail, increase immersion, and show off the efforts of our talented artists.

Finally, for the closure of this unholy update, Cultic Games present you the talented leather artisan, Master Sebo, working on our Special Edition Game Tomes! These hand made books of madness will bring doom to your neighborhood when the game is out.

[​IMG]
    No human skin was used in production of our special edition tomes
    So please share your opinions with us fellow cultists and seekers of the forbidden knowledge. Are we walking the path of desolation gracefully?

Until we meet again, sailing through the tides of the black unknown...

Team Cultic

There's also a video in there that I have no idea how to embed

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • incline incline x 4
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. ---gender: ⚧ Magister

---
    Parrots:
    The UI is already pretty good. Still a lot of work, of course, but I think that it's a good starting point.

PS: this is one of my most anticipated games.
    I trust you, guys. Please, make it great :salute:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)