Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stuck at the monastery (spoil me)

Rhys

Novice
Ok, probably been playing too long over the last couple of days, but when I decided to try to bypass the monastery to Jerrock couldn't figure out a way to get out, so will try the monastery again.

SPOILER
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to become a monk (if that's what is required to talk to the 3rd level charred dude). Talked to all the potential choosers of the flame types and none bring up being chosen as an option. Talking the pilgrim out of things was easy, as was finding the sick dads' monk, but this one has me stumped. Cleared out the entire Dark Path and still couldn't find a way up north to the charred guys' cave.

Thanks!

CP

Liturgist
Rhys said:
Ok, probably been playing too long over the last couple of days, but when I decided to try to bypass the monastery to Jerrock couldn't figure out a way to get out, so will try the monastery again.

SPOILER
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to become a monk (if that's what is required to talk to the 3rd level charred dude). Talked to all the potential choosers of the flame types and none bring up being chosen as an option. Talking the pilgrim out of things was easy, as was finding the sick dads' monk, but this one has me stumped. Cleared out the entire Dark Path and still couldn't find a way up north to the charred guys' cave.

Thanks!

There is no way to become a monk. That's not what's required to talk to Sharag. Do you still want me to tell you how to do it or do you want to give it another shot?

CP

Rhys

Novice
Tried a few other things and they didn't work. Ok, I give up - let me know...

...actually, on further review for some reason I don't seem to have the page from the library of leit if that is required for conversation...(and why isn't that a -1 value item, or did it just disappear on me rather than me selling it inadvertently?)

CP

Liturgist
Rhys said:
Tried a few other things and they didn't work. Ok, I give up - let me know...

...actually, on further review for some reason I don't seem to have the page from the library of leit if that is required for conversation...(and why isn't that a -1 value item, or did it just disappear on me rather than me selling it inadvertently?)

If you don't have the Dagger Letter from Leit that's definitely the problem. If you dropped the letter or sold it to someone, it should still be laying around or in someone's inventory. Did you check all of your party member's inventories?

CP

Rhys

Novice
Yep, I checked all of my party inventories and then had my blood pressure go up when I realized it was not in there. Then I checked all of the stores in Kellen, the Academy, and Lands End. I am not particularly eager to start going through every darn store in the Barrier and Citadel. Is there any other way to get the thing back? My suggestion is that for a future patch the letter really should have a -1 value so it can't be sold...I clearly must have done the sale when I cleaned out inventory and given its a main plot item that usually should be one not to be saleable...

....I still have not found it and have pretty much given up playing the game as a result.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom