Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I don't buy that it was done intentionally, since they have tried their hardest to eliminate it in Tekken 7.

I don't buy that it was done intentionally, since they have tried their hardest to eliminate it in Tekken 7.
They're not 'trying their hardest' to eliminate it, they're just trying to find a delay level that doesn't outrage offline players too much. It's obviously not rocket science to have an offline game with zero (or next to zero) input delay as demonstrated by every single fighting game ever before this 'online generation' (including TTT2). 5 frames roughly equals 85ms of delay. People seem fine with it even though they were not that fine with 133ms (8 frames) . I'm not fine with it. It's simply not ok to have artificial latency in a fighting game, but it's been normalized now and people are delusional. You're the case in point.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
you need to educate yourself about just-frame blocking, and you need to download a PDF with images for each character's hitbox and hurtbox on each of their normals and moves.

that's the first step to learning a Street Fighter game.

after that, you need to spend time practising your spacing, and what i mean by that is:

you need to memorize exactly where you need to keep yourself standing, (though not literally standing still), so that you can move into your opponent's threat-range (this is unique to every character) and begin the neutral game, i.e. the mind-game where you want to Whiff-Punish your opponent because he thought you were walking too far and he pressed a button

and then you stopped short of that button's reach, or simply were already walking backwards (this is what looks like 'wattling' when you watch matches, players moving back and forth quickly)

and boom, you catch his button with your own, and cancel it into xx Etc.

In any case, I'll be more than happy to give you advice! Don't worry.

You're a fucking idiot

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
DakaSha II DakaSha V

I'm so glad I ran into you. This is my new favorite thread for, probably, next year or so. :)

Remember that you can always PM me about any questions concerning things like:

- Dead Inputs

- Negative Edge

- Double-Tapping

- Plinking

- The SF 5 "Priority" System

Where exactly are you having the most trouble right now, though? One very helpful tip that is useful for hit-confirming is:

* Set the training mode Dummy Opponent to "Guard Randomly" and if it blocks your attack, then you stop-- If it gets hit by your combo's 1st move, then you may continue.

This is very important to keep practising as hit-confirming is very crucial in SF 5, similar (though in a watered-down way) to how it was in SF 3: Third Strike.

Here's a freebie tip to get you started: You can use "negative edge" to throw a fireball-type special move and have the Anti-Air reversal "Shoryuken"-type move already buffered!

1. Throw Hadoken and leave Punch Button depressed.

2. Perform SRK inputs and then you just RELEASE THE PUNCH BUTTON YOU HAD DEPRESSED.

This is called 'negative edge', and it is how PRO GAMERS, such as Daigo Umehara and Alex Valle (google them), win their trophies!!!!!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Great Deceiver

Whenever you want to play SF 4 lemme know man. I always have it installed. Earlier today I spent around 45 minutes doing E. Ryu axe-kick loops (all axe loops bringing the total of 1-frame links in the 4-bar combo to = 6 1-frame links).

I use a METRONOME to practice linking in SF4 and in other fighting games.

For E. Ryu's axe-kick 1-frame links set it to 52 BPM.

To practice Rose's 2-frame link, i.e. her st. MP xx cr. MP, set your METRONOME to 63 BPM.

I have videos on my YOUTUBE channel demonstrating how using a music METRONOME can help linking, since after all, that FRAME-RHYTHM Combo app for SF 4 does the exact same thing except it utilizes a "rhythmic melody" to begin ingraining the mathematical timing in you.

-

EDIT: I also have King of Fighters 13 (not the new one, which is KoF 14). I practice KoF 13 when I really want to better myself.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Aren't there people who suck at this game that the matchmaking can match me against instead of putting me up against neckbeards who have all of their fighter's combos implanted into their nervous systems?

Like wtf is this shit

What are you talking about. The game has literally the best matchmaking of any fighter ive played (mostly due to the large playerbase).
If youre a rookie, then youre only getting matched with bronze players. if you think they are pro gamers then you have a lot of outrage to look forward too.

If you got massively bodied by a bronze who actually knew what he was doing, then its probably a smurf. welcome to online ranking systems

edit: oh, you think the ability to do a combo is whats losing you the game. that explains it :)

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
does GG XRD have offline input delay?

You can set an input delay in options. If you mean an inherent input delay then yes. every fighter in existence does.
Its not high though (like garbage fighter 5)

edit: actually i remember (and confirmed) that the PC input delay is even better than for the Ps4. The input delay is negligible

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Aren't there people who suck at this game that the matchmaking can match me against instead of putting me up against neckbeards who have all of their fighter's combos implanted into their nervous systems?

Like wtf is this shit

What are you talking about. The game has literally the best matchmaking of any fighter ive played (mostly due to the large playerbase).
If youre a rookie, then youre only getting matched with bronze players. if you think they are pro gamers then you have a lot of outrage to look forward too.

If you got massively bodied by a bronze who actually knew what he was doing, then its probably a smurf. welcome to online ranking systems

edit: oh, you think the ability to do a combo is whats losing you the game. that explains it :)

IDK everyone I’ve been matched against so far has been insanely better than me to the point where I’m lucky to get like 1 or 2 hits off each round. Maybe it’s still calibrating to find out exactly how much I suck but holy shit these matches aren’t fun at all.

There’s gotta be players who suck like me and have trouble stringing a 2 hit combo together but the system ain’t matching me with them :/

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected

Like wtf is this shit

IDK everyone I’ve been matched against so far has been insanely better than me to the point where I’m lucky to get like 1 or 2 hits off each round. Maybe it’s still calibrating to find out exactly how much I suck but holy shit these matches aren’t fun at all.

There’s gotta be players who suck like me and have trouble stringing a 2 hit combo together but the system ain’t matching me with them :/

Well in all honesty there is going to be a huge initial hump to overcome. Play a few day and DONT WORRY ABOUT LOSING. Worry about learning. Become ryu (as stupid as that sounds is almost required).

I guarentee that in a few days youll be able to handle bronze players every now and then.

they are garbage though. You arent being matched with pros :P

edit: and christ, fuck combos. One of the least important things to win a game. (though obviously important once you get to silver or so).

I bet youre just not blocking and anti airing, so you feel like youre getting crushed because you dont understand that that shit is required,

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dawkinsfan69

Add me on SF5 using the name JulioSotomayor.

I'll create a 2-man Battle Lounge and set it to maximum amount of rounds and matches, along with infinite timer so I can teach you whatever basics, minuatue, misc. stuff or simply anything you want to try out and have doubts about; we can do this in real-time, simulating the ONLINE TRAINING MODE from SF 4.

For example, if you need help getting your Anti-Airs up to speck, I am more than happy to lend you a few hours so we can play in our "training" Battle Lounge and help you anti-air me every single possible way in the game.

So whenever you want man, hit me up! This goes for anyone, obviously, I am always more than happy to engage in some pseudo-Online Training in SF 4 (or SF 4 for that matter).

Most important tip concerning SF 5 online play:

DO NOT FIGHT RANKED MATCHES VERSUS PLAYERS WHO ARE:

1a) 3 bar connection (trust me, it will be excruciating, as there are a lot of characters who rise in their 'tier' valiue the more input delay there is happening)

1b) Do not bother fighting RANKED MATCHES versus players WHO ARE CONNECTED VIA 'RELAY' and are not connected to SF 5's online as Peer-to-Peer!!!!!

When you see a symbol that looks like a lightning-bolt below the character's giant torso during the Match Beginning info-screen, that is p2p connection and that's what you want, even 4 bar matches are perfectly playable if it's on p2p.

If, however, you see 3 squares connected to each other in the form of an 'L', that is RELAY. Immediately disengage because the lag will be bad.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Reasons for being stuck on RELAY matches:

1) you (or the person connecting to you) has their firewalls(s) enabled, their ports closed tight, so on and so forth.

2) In the rarest cases some bullshit to do with the ISP.

In my case simply enabling Router's "DMZ" function immediately had me playing SF 5 online matches with lightning symbol, i.e. p2p... and, obviously, 5 green bars.

Anyway, you'll reach gold quickly! Bronze matches do as DakaSha II DakaSha V advised and either anti-air, or BLOCK THEIR CONSTANT JUMP-INS (in bronze, they will always want to jump at you).

Additionally just make a habit to just keep blocking, especially after you block what seems like a move that the opponent used and it should now be "your turn"; err on the side of caution.

In online enviroment for example, Ken can do LP. Shoryuken continuously and it is nigh impossible to properly punish his LP SRK even if you block it, because: lag, relay connection, the fact that that move recovers quickly anyway, etc.

Also in online laggy environment chars like BALROG and BISON can abuse the lag with their fast horizontal moves (Bison's kicks, Rog's punches).

Offline If I am fighting a Bison, I will always check their yolo SCISSOR KICKS with a Jab, or something of that ilk, and Balrog? OFfline I can always SWEEP Balrog as he comes with a Dash Punch, or check him with a 3-frame normal and cancel into CA or something;.

Stuff like that is not practical to attempt to do online.

And when you get knocked down, it will be temptping to wake up and hit your opponent who is wattling next to you (he's trying to hit you w/ a Meaty), but since in Bronze/Gold players always miss their Meaty Attacks you'll be tempted to wakeup hitting a 3-frame normal into something to counter-hit their bad Meaty timing but:

DO NOT, DO NOT MAKE A HABIT OF THAT.

Eventually you will begin facing proper players who will never mistime their meaty on your wake-up, and every time you wake up and try to jab them you will immediately lose half your health bar.

Block. Block. Block now, and never stop. Don't be afraid of getting thrown.

Block. Block. You got thrown? Meh. Keep blocking.
Then win.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
veealune DakaSha II DakaSha V Latro Dawkinsfan69
HiFightTH

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
aweigh became the first ignore of the fifth season of dakasha.

anyways i actually played a nigga from new york, and it was fine, surprisingly. so i can play pretty much anybody up to that distance from hawaii (so long as there isnt some retarded routing between us)

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i can truthfully say it's been ltierally almost a decade since i've felt such a soul-consuming hatred of an anonnymous online poster i "just met" in one single thread. Since being a "veteran" i am supposed to be above PLANE TICKETS, I engaged in a mission of harassment via this thread and... "other means" (wink wink).

I know not for certain if DakaSha II DakaSha V really is ignoring me, and I hope he is, but there is no guarante here: saying one will do that and not doing it is a classic small-minded person move.

Either way, I look foward to harassing in many small but inexorably onerous ways this fine young fellow here for many months, possibly years.

:)

Oh, and also street fighter or whatever.

EDIT: Back in the day when posters would post and I would read-post-react, i.e. circa 2005-2006, not even the mighty Volourn or the venerable diety Sol Invictus ever made me feel such explosive dislike for someone on such a precious few amount of posts to have feed it!!!

After some analysis I think it is because everything I posted about fighting games was factually correct, and additoinally my initial posting was a personal anecdote regarding how I like playing online against people I "know" instead of random ranked matches--

--Daka's response was not coherent enough for me to understand what he wanted to insult me about, and after I continued posting non-anecdotal fighting game posts, he continued pretending the things I was typing were wrong, even though some of the things I posted are things pro fighters like none other than Daigo always tell a person any time they're asked how to level up:

1) what I mentioned about setting training mode dummy on random block

etc.

It is DakaSha II 's utter lack of apparent wit that is at play here and it makes his incoherent replies small virulent outbursts that serve only to aggrandize his, (and this is the most hateful aspect of this poster), ....his not-yet-posted, not-yet-given opinions on anything! It has been a while since I've run into such beastly creature in the wilds, as even the most 99% of the Bethestards and their echelon are at least people capable of saying things like:

"This is my opinions! I Like Oblivion, because it is pretty!".

That is at least a level of metaphysical analysis and comprehension that eludes Daka.

Hehe.

:salute:

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
did AE get rid of the sluggish feel ? liked shooting the shit now and then with sf4 but v just feels so damn sluggish.

SF V will always feel sluggish, because there is an inherent input delay of ~5 frames (which is equivalent to ~83.3ms) and a horribly broad and imprecise input buffer (for example, it's not unusual to try to EX fireball after blockstun and have a V-reversal come out).

It's a game that was constructed from the ground up to be played online. Artificial latency built into the game engine is simply a fact.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Ah, i was under the impression they could just turn the input delay dial so to speak. Fuck sf v then.
Gotta love capcom though, "making online feel like offline is hard, let's just make offline feel like online!"
:happytrollboy:

They've dialed it back from ~8 frames (as aweigh pointed out), but it's still unacceptable IMO. And Capcom isn't exclusively to blame for this trend, in fact Namco's Tekken 7 has even worse delay. I expect Dragon Ball will also have significant delay, and every single major fighting game in the forseeable future.

It's pure decline.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
They've dialed it back from ~8 frames (as aweigh pointed out), but it's still unacceptable IMO. And Capcom isn't exclusively to blame for this trend, in fact Namco's Tekken 7 has even worse delay. I expect Dragon Ball will also have significant delay, and every single major fighting game in the forseeable future.

It's pure decline.
dragonball is by ASW thank god.

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
Dragonball will likely have close to no input delay, apart from that caused by the connection (i didnt look this up or anything, but its pretty likely).

also i just prepurchased its expensive ass

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom