Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Arthandas

Prophet
Do you know any good deals on this? I want to get it but 60 euro price tag is retarded.

HotSnack

Cipher
I bought mine at shopto for less than £25. I think they do internationsl shipping, or you can try asking if they can just email you the steam code.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
All the polemic around the reviews of this game is hilarious, seriously. I mean, the reviews are cleary mentioning that the game hasn't too much singleplayer content and they're giving to it a good rate beacuse gameplay, and people are raging because the game hasn't too much singleplayer content and doesn't deserves those rates. I mean, really? Does the people read the reviews that journos usually wrote? Or they just take the rate and runs into the fourm to argue like fools? Also:

- Fuck arcade mode. Fighting against 5 characters and then FANG doesn't looks as something exiting to do for me. I would prefer they fix the AI of the current survival mode (In normal mode the first 26 char are easy and then the AI starts to make combos and cross ups. wtf), it looks more interesting.
- VS CPU... well. Coming from Third strike as me its not very surprising.
- The challenges and that stuff should have been from lauch in the gaem.
- Online mode should have worked nicely since the beginning. Why they made the betas for?

Despite all this, the game is awesomesauce. I'm trying to main Rainbow burka.

CTT_4AxVEAA29J3.jpg

Is it just me or does standard Ryu look like a bit of a manlet

His bulging beefcake muscles have no room to breath

Last edited:

Arthandas

Prophet
I bought mine at shopto for less than £25. I think they do internationsl shipping, or you can try asking if they can just email you the steam code.
Finally got a copy. CDKeys.com is selling it for €26,59 (including the 5% discount for liking their FB page) which is pretty much the best deal on the internet.

Arthandas

Prophet
Man, the game's awesome. I wish I could prolapse dragon punch those Steam faggot reviews.

-Autists bitching about the lack of content... They wanted to release it asap for the tournaments. The content is coming later. Instead of being grateful for the chance to experience the core game much earlier, they're just running around pissing all over themselves like it's the end of the world. Just refund it or buy it in march or later - problem solved.
-Other brain atrophied hillbillies whine that the servers didn't work 1 nanosecond after release... Yeah, because no other online heavy game had day 1 server problems before...
-Some incest byproducts cry about Capcom hiding content behind future Turbo/Extra/Super editions when it was explicitly stated there will be no other re-releases and all non-character/costume patches will be free...

Jesus, I think some people are literally born just to die and fertilize the earth.

/rant

-Autists bitching about the lack of content... They wanted to release it asap for the tournaments.

The other two issues are hysterical nonsense, but this is a valid complaint. I severely doubt that the majority of people buying SFV actually really care about the pro scene, much less know about this. It's not even a fact that appears on the Street Fighter 5 wikipedia page, and all in all I'd call it a decently esoteric piece of knowledge.

People simply feel like they've been sold something that didn't match the value they paid for, and they're pissy about it. I can't begrudge anyone who feels this way, personally. Opening your brand new 60-70$ fighting game only to find a lack of a proper arcade mode, challenge mode, or even a simple vs cpu mode has got to feel pretty ridiculous to a lot of people.

Mozg

Arcane
I think they kinda just sleepwalked into putting a traditional initial arcade release on the console because they were fixated on making a competitive game, when probably 98% of the people they sell to don't give a shit, not even in a pure online warrior "I care about ranked mode" way.

Pretty great game, but of course only to play locally if you have competition. I like it much better than SF4 already just by virtue of not having retarded focus attack shenanigans. It looks and runs great.

As for the online component, online fighting games are a joke, and always will be. People who take online in these games seriously should be stoned in a public place. It's not even a distant approximation of what the game actually is, there's no reaction, only mindless repetition of block strings, frame traps and combos.

SF5 is basically frame trap: the game, so obviously playing it online will suck ass because you can't say, counter DP on reaction when some mouthbreathing mongoloid is spamming block strings that put him at a frame disadvantage.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Pretty great game, but of course only to play locally if you have competition. I like it much better than SF4 already just by virtue of not having retarded focus attack shenanigans. It looks and runs great.

As for the online component, online fighting games are a joke, and always will be. People who take online in these games seriously should be stoned in a public place. It's not even a distant approximation of what the game actually is, there's no reaction, only mindless repetition of block strings, frame traps and combos.

SF5 is basically frame trap: the game, so obviously playing it online will suck ass because you can't say, counter DP on reaction when some mouthbreathing mongoloid is spamming block strings that put him at a frame disadvantage.
Let me screencap that for https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/

Actually, scrubs are those who think fighting games online mean anything.

Nice try though, you were probably too young to have played at the arcades. Try again.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Nice try though, you were probably too young to have played at the arcades. Try again.
I'm not, but our jam was KoF 96/97/98. The submission is sent, let's see if it's accepted.

HotSnack

Cipher

Yeah, that describes my experience with the game so far pretty well. Sometimes I'm getting away with absolutely bullshit blockstrings that I know the player should be able to jab me out of, but then other times the netcode gods turn against me and I have matches where all my attacks get stuffed and I see my meaty wakeup attack get rolled back into me being thrown into the corner...

The *game* itself is great, but the netcode is pretty awful. That the lag is often mostly felt by one side is insane.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, that's bad for everyone. I'm not the most prolific online player because I rage at those things, so I stick to playing with friends or 5 bar connections. You can filter on those, it solves most of the problem.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

I'm not, but our jam was KoF 96/97/98. The submission is sent, let's see if it's accepted.
You gonna pick up the new KoF game when it comes out?
No, haven't played it much or at all since 2002 days. I had XIII installed for like 2 weeks before it's gone.

Right now it's just 3S/Jojos on AI, and SFV/Pocket Rumble online for me.

I'm considering GG for AI, but I'm not willing to pony down the dosh it costs right now.

Last edited:

Yeah, that describes my experience with the game so far pretty well. Sometimes I'm getting away with absolutely bullshit blockstrings that I know the player should be able to jab me out of, but then other times the netcode gods turn against me and I have matches where all my attacks get stuffed and I see my meaty wakeup attack get rolled back into me being thrown into the corner...

The *game* itself is great, but the netcode is pretty awful. That the lag is often mostly felt by one side is insane.
It's not about the netcode really, it's about the physical nature of latency. Fighting games simply don't work under that environment, and they never will - no amount of well-constructed prediction netcode can solve that problem. If you allow a too lenient buffer, precision goes out the window, if you require more precise timing for reversal attacks, latency will always be in the way, so it's a catch 22.

The online component in fighting games is only for practicing muscle memory against something a little more credible than a computer opponent - but I'll say it again, the only people who take it seriously are morons.

Oh and by the way, at higher rankings everyone disconnects when they're about to lose anyway (it's mind-boggling that there's no penalty for this). What a seriously competitive platform, online is the future.

Mozg

Arcane
You can play online to learn, and <80 or so ping with rollback netcode will make it so the better player wins almost as regularly as offline albeit usually in a janky-feeling way.

You can play online to learn, and <80 or so ping with rollback netcode will make it so the better player wins almost as regularly as offline albeit usually in a janky-feeling way.
As I said, the extent to which 'learning' works in online fighting games is muscle memory - testing the realm of possibility of setups and doing combos on something a little more sentient than a training dummy or a CPU opponent. Actual reactions in a fighting game like SF just aren't possible with any kind of latency. Even blocking after walking forward is iffy. And I've played GGPO 3rd strike pretty extensively, which I consider to be the best-case scenario when it comes to online code for these types of games.

Good players win online too, but they play a different game entirely when they're playing online. It's only very tangentially related to the real thing.

Mozg

Arcane
Ehh, I just know too many players that improved massively playing online and then started turning up at tournaments and getting top 8s and so on. Zero of those guys think online is the real thing but they learned more than how to play back combos and setups. Plenty of really good players in rollback netcode games will play FT10s between each other online when they have good pings too without writing it off as pure bullshit. They're not gonna take it deathly seriously and no one pumps their fist when their opponent drops something because of lag or some shit, but they do play.

Edit: It's 100% true that absolutely nobody gives a shit about their rank or league or whatever.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom