Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Streeto Fighta V: Vicious Vengeance Vodeville

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I only consider buying this because of the whore costumes so they need more of those.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I assumed fight money goes up with rank, so you get more against highly ranked players?

Capcom is gonna catch an assburning for not having anything for the casuals like it's an arcade port from 1997. On a full price game. I think they must have gotten some bad market research numbers and they're scrambling to keep from losing money.
General consensus is that the game was rushed for the sake of pro tournaments. The season starts immediately and runs until December.

As for fake money, whenever I'd expressed negative feelings about it, reddit 15yos told me that it usually evens out in the daily challenges. Which means they are either easy chores, or you'll have to play like a moron a specific style online.

HotSnack

Cipher
Where are these reddit people getting this info from? I haven't seen any daily challenges in the game yet.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Where are these reddit people getting this info from? I haven't seen any daily challenges in the game yet.
There are none yet, but it's been insinuated by capcom, and its how similar games operate.

Apparently completing story mode gives enough dosh for 1 DLC char. Leveling up and not individual matches are second. Then daily challenges.

Any good alternate costumes been found yet?

I'm superficial as hell when it comes to fighting game characters. I'll main Cammy all the fucking way if she has pants in one of 'em.

The leotard translated to 3d like complete shit.

flushfire

Augur
No arcade mode, no vs cpu, not even combo demos/training. AI is utter shit. Had trouble making my controller work, and can't even rebind keys. Performance fucking sucks, too. One of the few games I actually wanted to pay for and it's released incomplete. What a waste.

Archibald

Arcane
How do you put a number by a game and make that its review, when the bloody thing is going to grow and evolve during years?

Hey, Heartstone has very few cards and modes on release, 6/10. LoL was broken day one, 5.76/10.

It's stupid.

I think such games need to be re-reviewed after each major patch/update.

Archibald

Arcane
You are probably aware that Dota 2 just ported stuff from mod that was in development since 2005 (earlier, but it was rather different before that), right? Usually mobas start with 30-40 characters, extended betas often have 20. Those numbers are pretty close to SF5 starting rooster considering that match in moba usually needs 10 characters, not 2 like in SF game.

I don't want to defend SF5 in this, I'm not planning to buy/pirate it for at least next few months anyway. But you are speaking too highly of mobas. If we look at g LoL today and how it looked when it was released? Completely different game. Dota2 is a bit of an exception because it simply ported heroes from Dota, but it too has way more modes and stuff now than it did in its release.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
You speak like someone who also wants to compare a fighting game with a moba to justify SF5 masked early alpha release. Is that a thing now? In the end the joke's on you I guess, go ahead and defend games being released as shit to no end when you are its consumer.
Quote the whole thing you shifty motherfucker. I was talking about the reviews, not the state of the game.
pakoito said:
How do you put a number by a game and make that its review, when the bloody thing is going to grow and evolve during years?

This game is gonna be the best thing ever a year from now so just pay up now, trust us :smug:

- Capcom
Shrug. Compare vanilla SF4 with Ultra, or LoL/Dota over the years.

The barebones release is inexcusable tho, way below those standards.

Last edited:

Mozg

Arcane
I wonder how the dying east asian arcade industry that Capcom and Sony bayoneted by making this a console launch game is reacting to it being a barebones arcade build

Mozg

Arcane
I saw someone translating jap forum boards reacting to Pokken being at Evo saying it's already a dead game in arcades.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The most important thing modded back on the PC!

NU0O4yH.jpg

:mrpresident:

So they released half a buggy game for full price?I guess waiting for the Ultra Special Turbo Championship Edition steam sale wasn't a bad idea after all

Latro

Arcane
  • I have no idea what's Fang's V trigger does. In fact I wish the game would actually explain what each character's V-trigger does in their respective command list. Considering how each character's V-trigger is unique this is pretty infuriating.
It's a cancel mechanic ala FADC. It's actually kinda amazing and people are sleeping on it. You can instantly apply poison from several of his pokes where it was relegated to v skill/specials. Additionally it gives you extra free charge time, giving you a chance to setup things you wouldn't be able to normally. This will also be very strong when it gets figured out.

HotSnack

Cipher
  • I have no idea what's Fang's V trigger does. In fact I wish the game would actually explain what each character's V-trigger does in their respective command list. Considering how each character's V-trigger is unique this is pretty infuriating.
It's a cancel mechanic ala FADC. It's actually kinda amazing and people are sleeping on it. You can instantly apply poison from several of his pokes where it was relegated to v skill/specials. Additionally it gives you extra free charge time, giving you a chance to setup things you wouldn't be able to normally. This will also be very strong when it gets figured out.
Good to know thanks. I read that it caused a poison aura from a shoryuken post but they didn't list the faster charge times (if I'm reading you correctly?). Sounds like Fang has one of the better V-triggers along with Rashid, where both can use theirs as a combo extender or a setup creator.

Not sure if the people saying "I'll wait for the next edition" are trolling or not, but the whole point of this new LoL model is that there will not be a new edition coming out.

Latro

Arcane
Ah, in the Vtrigger cancel "bullet-time" it gives him free time to charge, not faster charge times or anything.

Something fun to do when they're in the corner is to V Skill fire ball VTC ex fireball. So if they were gonna jump they eat the upper fireball, or if they sit there they get poisoned on hit/block either way. Additionally FANG get a free jump in. J.MK is a fuzzy guard move that may or may not cross them up, if the EX fireball hit he can combo into it from a jump in, etc etc. He can also just dash foward a bit and enjoy being in their face to spam pokes. OR he can command dash behind/front them with HK/EX dash and grab or whatever he wants.

people can probably armor/invinc/teleport out of it, but you should be predicting that and punishing anyways

Very strong character when he gets figured out.

Last edited:

HotSnack

Cipher
Ah, in the Vtrigger cancel "bullet-time" it gives him free time to charge, not faster charge times or anything.

Something fun to do when they're in the corner is to V Skill fire ball VTC ex fireball. So if they were gonna jump they eat the upper fireball, or if they sit there they get poisoned on hit/block either way. Additionally FANG get a free jump in. J.MK is a fuzzy guard move that may or may not cross them up, if the EX fireball hit he can combo into it from a jump in, etc etc. He can also just dash foward a bit and enjoy being in their face to spam pokes. OR he can command dash behind/front them with HK/EX dash and grab or whatever he wants.

people can probably armor/invinc/teleport out of it, but you should be predicting that and punishing anyways

Very strong character when he gets figured out.
You'll probably like this:

Some Rashid shennagins:

Last edited:

hajro

Arbiter
Shrug. Compare vanilla SF4 with Ultra, or LoL/Dota over the years.

The barebones release is inexcusable tho, way below those standards.
Guess im attributing to :decline: here :gumpyhead:
yx9On9A.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom